Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2006, 12:24   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765
IMO the wagonR LPG will be a big success if LPG is easily available in most of the petrol stations.
In hyderabad as far as I know there are only 3 or 4 petrol stations selling LPG
Yes... but beyond those 3 or 4 that you know of there are many more in hyd that sale LPG They are spread across the city. Govt is planning to increase the density at faster clip in the newer future.
Old 27th February 2006, 12:31   #17
Team-BHP Support

There was a full fledged article recently in ET (I think) where Maruti first unveiled its plans about the LPG WagonR. There they also discussed about the LPG cylinder and its probable location. If I recollect correctly they have created a modified design for the LPG tank (I think something like a tube or such, but not sure) which will take much lesser space.

Also they plan to price it at a premium of Rs50k to 70k over the current WagonR. If one looks at the pricing it is easy to see that they are definitely not targetting the taxi wallahs. For that they already have the Omni Cargo (LPG) which they can then introduce in the passenger carrier guise. South is already filled with Omni LPGs, albeit converted, plying as call cabs. With WagonR LPG Maruti is planning to target the big number of private car owners who choose a diesel car over petrol. This is Maruti's stop gap arrangement till they introduce the diesel engine. And then if things go right they may continue and even introduce other petrol cars also in LPG guise.
Old 29th March 2008, 13:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

i think mumbai needs a good sedan as a taxi. and right now only indigo fits the bill and if a bare bones model launched based on the swift dezire.. that woudl be awsome..

the best taxi's i find is the toyota camry's and nissan altima's in dubai.. they are awsome..
Old 29th March 2008, 13:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
There was a full fledged article recently in ET (I think) where Maruti first unveiled its plans about the LPG WagonR. There they also discussed about the LPG cylinder and its probable location. If I recollect correctly they have created a modified design for the LPG tank (I think something like a tube or such, but not sure) which will take much lesser space.
I think the LPG dreams for Maruti is over. The fuel just doesnt make sense anymore.

On the tank design, its not possible to design the tank and bolt in on the car. The dept of explosives have to approve it. As far as I know there are only few manufacturers for approved auto LPG tanks in India. Only 2 designs have been currently approved, the tube and the tordial type.
Old 29th March 2008, 14:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

WagonR as a taxi is not practical simply because its rear seat is not so comfortable as the Indica.

Regarding the Swift Dzire taxi also, same thing holds good. Rear seat legroom is not as good as the Indigo. Also, ride is not so good. Swift is meant to be a drivers car with excellent front seats and both engines being a hoot to drive. Good handling also helps this image.
Old 29th March 2008, 15:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

I dont think LPG is a cheap fuel any more.The prices are increasing like anything without any control.Taxi walas would be sceptically about the fuel prices which every now and then increase.So remote possibility for this option.
ram
Old 29th March 2008, 16:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

bosses, the best current taxi in the market is ikon, old 1.8D or flair CNG.

awesome back seat comfort. NHC also qualifies.
Old 29th March 2008, 17:09   #23
BHPian

Yes the ikon is a good taxi, at the same time the indian taxi is the best.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks