Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2015, 22:37   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Comprehensive City / Call Taxi Review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Not sure if either Ola or Uber will let me choose a pickup date in advance (for tomorrow morning).
Yes the facility is there. However, there have been instances of no show at the appointed hour. Please check with your friends in the city for their personal experience.
Old 18th June 2015, 07:20   #242
BHPian

I recently had a bad experience with UBER. I had to book an urgent morning cab for a meeting and while booking I realized the Paytm wallet (I never had one until I registered in the UBER app) was under 200. It did not allow me a booking.
And guess what went wrong, I transferred 1000 bucks using Net banking, but some error at the peak time, and the money is debited from my bank, but no balance shown in the Paytm wallet. Committed, I again tried transferring 200, but the issue repeated.
And I could not book my ride and got late too!
The worst part here was, the absolute worthless customer support from Paytm. They did not even acknowledge my complaint on email for 4 days, they always had only automatic recording of complaints on their helpline, and after 15 days, and 3 escalation emails, still I am struggling to get my money back. I rate this UBER Paytm arrangement as a clear "Stay away".
gopa99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 19:39   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
I recently had a bad experience with UBER. I had to book an urgent morning cab for a meeting and while booking I realized the Paytm wallet (I never had one until I registered in the UBER app) was under 200. It did not allow me a booking.
But.. how do you call it a bad experience with UBER? Its an issue with PayTM and not Uber.

Uber, as such, provides great service, atleast here in Bangalore.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 20:35   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
But.. how do you call it a bad experience with UBER? Its an issue with PayTM and not Uber.

Uber, as such, provides great service, atleast here in Bangalore.
I thought I had mentioned that succinctly. When I, helpless, contacted UBER, they blindly told it their Paytm partner I should go after. And I never had a Paytm account ever till I made the Uber transaction using the their app. Imagine if one had such an experience on the Uber app, whose neck will one catch hold of first? And for updates, I am still waiting for my money. Sent another complaint to their grievance officer mail id, but it too didn't see any light.

Got a similar story today when my colleague riding Uber was asked to pay cash at the e-city(bangalore) flyover and later he found his bill too had the toll component. He too has lodged a complaint.
Old 26th June 2015, 16:42   #245
BHPian

I went with "CelCabs" that was the only VFM offering out of the lot. Cab arrived on time and we caught our flight. I just wish these drivers will learn to be more mannered and un-rough.
Old 26th June 2015, 16:48   #246
BHPian

Bad experience with Ola. The service has deteriorated over time, and has become more costly. They have added some fee of Rs 1/hour ,and their drivers now refuse to use GPS if they don't know the place. Uber is more sober , at least here in Bangalore
Old 14th September 2015, 12:07   #247
Senior - BHPian

We had engaged a city taxi for 4hrs / 40 kms from SPOT taxi. They are currently offering one of the cheapest rates for this type of hire at Rs.650.

The booking was done over the phone and not a very hi tech mode. However I got a booking number and was told that the driver details would be sent over an SMS an hour before the journey.

Received the message as promised along with the driver's call. The driver was courteous and the car was brand new Indica. The hire exceeded by half an hour so the total charge was Rs.700. Overall a good experience.
Old 24th December 2015, 10:41   #248
BHPian

In Pune, what is the best option to reserve a taxi for 4 for a railway station drop at 4:30 AM in the morning? I had bad experience of Wings and traveltime. OLA doesn't work good for ride later option and I don't want to try booking a cab at 4:30 AM in the morning. Any good option to book the cab in the previous evening itself? How is T-Cab?

Another information I need as I am travelling to Hyderabad, what are good options for a 8 ours 80 KM day taxi booking? My hotel tells me it will cost me Rs. 2000 for an Etios or a Dezire. Any better options in Hyderabad?
Old 24th December 2015, 11:57   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
And guess what went wrong, I transferred 1000 bucks using Net banking, but some error at the peak time, and the money is debited from my bank, but no balance shown in the Paytm wallet. Committed, I again tried transferring 200, but the issue repeated.
And I could not book my ride and got late too!
Having heard of several issues with paytm I just use the "CASH" option in uber for any trips I take with them. Works fine, I just pay the driver - he is happier with the arrangement too as it gives him cash in hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
In Pune, what is the best option to reserve a taxi for 4 for a railway station drop at 4:30 AM in the morning?
[...]
Another information I need as I am travelling to Hyderabad, what are good options for a 8 ours 80 KM day taxi booking? My hotel tells me it will cost me Rs. 2000 for an Etios or a Dezire. Any better options in Hyderabad?
Pune - or anywhere else for such an early departure - your best bet is a known auto or taxi driver who will turn up at your house. Ola / Uber / Meru etc have all stood me up at the last moment on such occasions, forcing me to head out of my house, sometimes in rain, to get a passing auto on the main road - and on such occasions that costs me about 50 bucks more than the uber would have charged.

For hyderabad, 8 hours 80 km type requirements are far cheaper if you rent a zoomcar / myles self drive from the airport or railway station. Just use google maps or gps to find your way around.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 12:12   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post

Pune - or anywhere else for such an early departure - your best bet is a known auto or taxi driver who will turn up at your house. Ola / Uber / Meru etc have all stood me up at the last moment on such occasions, forcing me to head out of my house, sometimes in rain, to get a passing auto on the main road - and on such occasions that costs me about 50 bucks more than the uber would have charged.

For hyderabad, 8 hours 80 km type requirements are far cheaper if you rent a zoomcar / myles self drive from the airport or railway station. Just use google maps or gps to find your way around.
Hmmmm! So its the same thing that I would have done 10 years back!! I was hoping with the radio cabs it would have been easier, anyway, I will keep this in mind

I am trying to avoid driving on my own in Hyderabad to avoid finding roads or parking spaces and save the hassle. But if that means I have to pay double, I would rethink!

Thanks.
Old 24th December 2015, 12:16   #251
Senior - BHPian

Zoomcar is around 800-1300 for nano / figo / swift / amaze, I doubt you want anything larger than that, or any flashier than that, for a 8 hours 80 km type trip with crowded parking conditions.

I would just rent a swift or a figo - fun to drive, you can move in and out of fairly crowded traffic, park in tight spaces etc. Nano somehow felt like too much of a tin can for me given my height and build so I didn't opt for it. That may work for you too.
Old 14th January 2016, 09:09   #252
Senior - BHPian

With the advent of Olas and Ubers, city travel even in tourist place has become a breeze. A recent example of our journey to Rajasthan just confirmed that.

We travelled on our own to major cities and Jodhpur and Jaipur in particular had the services of these two operators. Some experiences-

Jodhpur - Took cabs to all the major attractions such as fort, palace and city center. Here Uber cabbies seemed to be more reliable than Ola since the latter refused to ride 4 out of 5 times. Overall used the cabs with air conditioned comfort instead of the slow and uncomfortable rickshaws.

Jaipur - Was a breeze getting these in hailing these two operators. Both of them responded well and we went in and out of the pink city areas with ease. Also used it for visiting our friends in the residential areas. However they do not operate to the fort since it is considered out of city limits hence you have to engage a private taxi.

Overall a good experience which not only saves costs of hailing a day long taxi but gives the flexibility and comfort of a car to travel around in the crowded cities that we visited.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks