Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2012, 11:32   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Comprehensive City / Call Taxi Review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Next time around, let me note down the readings as per the odo too and see if the same is reflected in the meter reading too - this will vindicate Ashley's point if thats the reason !
Even if you read both same, it need not be the same with other manufacturer.Meaning there may be error between two cars. Here Logan/Verito and Indigo etc.
Electronic fare meter only reflects - read multiplies, what is given as input.
Old 29th March 2012, 11:50   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Next time around, let me note down the readings as per the odo too and see if the same is reflected in the meter reading too - this will vindicate Ashley's point if thats the reason !
Another option of checking it would be drive to the airport in your own or a know vehicle a couple of times and note the distance. This will more or less pin point the number of kms and set a benchmark figure for the odo / meter check in the taxis.

A Celcabs Review

Booked a celcab for airport drop for my friend. The vehicle booked was a sedan which was clearly explained due to the large amounts of luggage. The driver called up on time and reach the boarding point. However the vehicle sent was an Indica. Now there was no time to call for a different vehicle so we had to some how force fit all the luggage pieces into the car leaving the least legroom for the backseat. Hence would recommend an operator who has sedans only so that this confusion would not arise.

Last edited by GTO : 8th May 2012 at 13:00. Reason: As requested
Old 14th May 2012, 13:18   #48
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai :

Apart from Meru, Meru Plus, Easy Cabs, TAB Cabs... now Mumbaikars have the option of Ola Cabs as well. Their contact number is 33553355.

Car rental | car hire | taxi India | book cabs online | olacabs.com

Test Rides: TabCab vs Ola Cabs | Mumbai Boss
Old 26th May 2012, 13:12   #49
BHPian

guys, are there any good intercity taxi services between Bangalore and Mumbai?

Thanks,
Old 31st May 2012, 11:27   #50
BHPian

All,

Heard from the Easy Cabs driver last night on the way back home from BIAL that Easy Cabs will no longer be part of the airport cab fleet next week onwards, as they have not consented to higher charges payable to BIAL. Hence, they will be available for airport drops but will not pick passengers from the airport taxi stand.... Good news is, all of these 800 cabs will now be available for city commute, so another alternative to Fast Track and Cel Cabs which dominate this space so far in Bangalore.

Also was told that Mega Cabs with an all Etios fleet is replacing Easy Cabs as the 3rd authorized operator for BIAL
aroonanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 10:04   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
guys, are there any good intercity taxi services between Bangalore and Mumbai?

Thanks,
IMO there are no scheduled intercity taxi services between cities. Your choice would be to hire a tourist cab from the many operators available for long distance travels or

However if you are looking at the organized segment, most of the big operators such as Fasttrack have their services for long distance travels. You can inquire at their call center for the latest rates and book. The phone numbers of these big operators are listed right from the beginning of this thread by various members.

You can also look at some international players like Avis or Hertz for the option of self drive and these guys surely operate in the two cities.
Old 5th July 2012, 07:41   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

TABCabs launches SX4 'luxury' Cab service - Mumbai

Quote:
TABcab is all set to challenge Meeru for the leadership position in the taxi segment. After launching 1,200 Toyota Etios models as radio cabs in Mumbai, TABCabs is introducing a new concept in Mumbai Taxi market
The company is launching 400 Maruti Suzuki SX4s as ‘Luxury Cabs’ in Mumbai. Called as TABCab Gold, the SX4s will be loaded with:
  • Plush interiors
  • Extra pillows
  • Luxurious upholstery
  • Tissue dispensers
  • Premium car fragrance
  • 10 inch touchscreen tablets with 3G connectivity and magazines for the passengers
Of course, you would be paying extra for all the features. You will be paying a fare of Rs. 26/- (for 1st Km) & Rs. 19/- (for every consecutive Km); 2 Rs/KM more than the standard Etios radio cab.
TABCabs launches Maruti SX4 Luxury Cab service in Mumbai
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 13:12   #53

Am I the only one feeling fast track Chennai has gone to the dumps.In the last two months, four instances of booked cabs not turning up without any information. People handling the phone lines are taught only the standard "30 more minutes" reply and what irks me is they dont even make an effort to listen to your complaint. The last time we had made the reservation 5 hours in advance and yesterday we waited for 90 minutes before giving up on fast track.

Though a little costly (and not exactly a taxi service), I find carzonrent much better.
Old 11th July 2012, 15:30   #54
BHPian

Looks like there are no review of Cabs services in Hyderabad. so let me be the first to post.

Meru Cabs:
Booking Options:
Online: www.merucabs.com
Call: 040-44224422

Meru cabs were fairly reliable during the time they were introduced but as on today, they are my last choice. From last year, 3 out of 6 times, they did not arrive at all. I get a call only 15-20 mins before the scheduled arrival time of cab saying that there are no cabs available and they have to cancel the booking. Such experiences really piss you off. I took revenge on them by booking Meru as well as another cab service and cancelling the Meru booking at the last minute after their driver called me for knowing my exact location.

Luckily I know an easy cabs driver personally and he saved my day all those 3 times.

Easy Cabs:
Online: www.easycabs.com
Call: 040-43434343

I have booked with them only once and I developed a good rapport with the driver who came to pick me up. Since he stays quite near to where I stay, I bypass the online/phone booking and usually hire him for all my airport and city commutes with prior notice of atleast 5-6 hrs. Overall I heard that easy cabs are better than Meru, atleast in Hyderabad. But their cars are not that well maintained as those of Meru.

Sky Cabs:
Online: www.skycabs.in
Phone: 040-49494949.

These cabs are airport approved Taxi services and they give impeccable service for airport drops. But if they are for within city hops, they usually try to avoid. I have used them 4 times until now and everytime a gleaming Silver Verito comes atleast 15 minutes before the scheduled time. Even the drivers are very well behaved and are quite friendly. The cabs are well maintained too with some nice fragrances in the cabin.

Overall, my preference within Hyderabad would be:

My friendly easy cabs driver>Sky cabs>Easy cabs>Meru
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 22:18   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg
You can also look at some international players like Avis or Hertz for the option of self drive and these guys surely operate in the two cities.
Does Hertz provide self drive option in Bangalore? last i checked was 2 years back and they didnt give that option.

Btw recently i had seen an article regarding certain cabs being banned from BIAL. Has anyone travelled in the past week in MERU or EASYCAB? which company is allowed to BIAL?

thanks in advance.
Old 12th July 2012, 09:55   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Btw recently i had seen an article regarding certain cabs being banned from BIAL. Has anyone travelled in the past week in MERU or EASYCAB? which company is allowed to BIAL?
BIAL has started a new service called "Airport Taxi". A fleet of 1600 cars have been brought in for this. The cars are operated by Meru, Easy Cabs and KSTDC. So, Meru and Easy are very much allowed at BIAL.
Old 12th July 2012, 10:28   #57
Team-BHP Support

Correction, Easycabs are no longer there. It is a new player Megacabs with Etios cars
Old 12th July 2012, 10:58   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks

BIAL has started a new service called "Airport Taxi". A fleet of 1600 cars have been brought in for this. The cars are operated by Meru, Easy Cabs and KSTDC. So, Meru and Easy are very much allowed at BIAL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Correction, Easycabs are no longer there. It is a new player Megacabs with Etios cars
Sorry to trouble again. Is the number the same as Meru Cabs or is it a separate number for Airport taxi?
Thanks again.
Old 12th July 2012, 12:48   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to trouble again. Is the number the same as Meru Cabs or is it a separate number for Airport taxi?
Thanks again.
The number is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Easy has been taken off,as Ajmat says,its Mega/Meru & KSTDC at the moment

Quote:
Does Hertz provide self drive option in Bangalore?
Hertz did have a self-drive option at Bangalore.The other players having self-drive options are Avis(expensive) and Autoriders(economical) and Car Club.I have used Hertz self drive on a number of times in the last couple of years.However Hertz have discontinued their association with Carzonrent who was their licensee in India and have now tied up with Orix India.
Old 12th July 2012, 12:54   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Right, as I first wondered why all EasyCabs: Logans & Indigos were parked in an open field near my house after towing and their stationary numbers increased every day till I checked with the Security guard outside the ground who said that these were to be sold at a price-tag of a mere 1L (considering their mileage?).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks