Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2015, 16:21   #211
BHPian

re: The Bajaj Qute (RE60)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1224 View Post
I agree with everything else in your post except for the quoted text. How is the use of bicycles as a means to cut down travel times a bad thing? I feel we should encourage bicycles more than motor vehicles. For the common man a efficient public transport system for daily commute and a bicycle for personal travel is more than enough.
Let me clarify my statement.
Riding a bicycle is good for health, good for environment, and theoretically, if everyone driving a car adopts to a bicycle, roads will be free from traffic, and hence should be encouraged, right?
Sadly, this is not the case here in Indian metros. The number of bikes, cars have exponentially increased on our narrow roads and is now overflowing with traffic. Wherever a small space is there, a car / bike / bus wants to occupy the space, and move ahead of others, causing a chaotic situation.
In such a situation, the lone bicycle rider (usually in his 40s/50s or a school kid), is simply invisible to the traffic and hence is exposed to serious danger every time he rides in traffic.
Compare this situation with China - where bicycles are used heavily. This country has entirely banned motor bikes that run on petrol, in major metros. The only bikes allowed are e-bikes with about 30kmph max speed. These e-bikes & bicycle run on service lanes separately, where the main lanes are used by cars and other bigger vehicles. The two wheelers & cars do not cross each other at any point in busy streets.
However, in a democracy like ours, it is impossible to build partitioned roads in an already fully packed cities. So, until a solution is worked out to make the rides safe, I believe the bicycles & two-wheelers riding on our streets are exposed to danger on a daily basis.
I, for one, would happily ride a bicycle to work, if I am not surrounded with speeding vehicles. I am not at all comfortable, if volvo buses zoom past at about 80kmph inches away from me. I would be better off driving my car in such cases.
hybridpetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:51   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

RE60 quadricycle on September 25 in New Delhi.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 20023
Size:  323.2 KB

https://twitter.com/autocarpro/statu...44948459786241
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 13:38   #213
BHPian

Can we register this Quadricycle for our personal use, under white board?
Old 25th September 2015, 21:58   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

The Bajaj RE60 quadricycle enters production, and is named as the "Qute".

The Bajaj Qute (RE60)-qute0041.jpg

Quote:
The company says that the name was finalised based on customer feedback. Production of the Bajaj Qute is already underway and it will initially be exported to about 16 countries.

The Qute gets a 216cc, water-cooled, single-cylinder DTSi petrol engine mounted at the rear. The unit is mated to a four-speed manual gearbox, and claims a top speed of 70kph. The manufacturer also claims that the RE60 delivers 35kpl.

The Qute is 2.75m in length, 1.3m in width, weighs in at 400kg, has a turning radius of 3.5m, and offers 44 litres of boot space; specs that make it a sensible, small urban people mover. The quadricycle will be available in a 2+2 or 1+3 seating layout.
ACI
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 11:56   #215
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Bajaj Qute (RE60)

The company has announced its plans to export the vehicle to 16 countries across Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe. Further details on the Qute have emerged through an official presentation.

The Qute is being projected as the "anti-car" - essentially a more efficient and cost effective alternative to full sized cars that occupy a lot of space on the road and consume more fuel. The Qute is a 400 kg vehicle that can carry 4 passengers (+luggage) up a 27% gradient. It is powered by a 217 cc, 4-valve, liquid cooled, closed loop fuel injected, four stroke engine that makes just over 13 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and 19.6 Nm of torque @ 4,000 rpm.

Link to Team-BHP news article
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 12:47   #216
BHPian

Spotted a couple of these test vehicles on NH8 en route to Vapi on Friday. Couldn't click pics since I was driving. It's been almost a year when I'd seen these in Pune the last time - Bajaj better have this out as a solid product after a year and more of R&D.

Last edited by Turbo_Torq : 5th October 2015 at 12:48.
Old 30th November 2015, 19:44   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

The Bajaj Qute has been launched in Turkey at an introductory price of TL 16,800 (INR 3.84 lakhs). Turkey is the first market to receive the Qute, which will be followed by the 15 other export markets of the Indian company including Thailand, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Peru, Nepal, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Tanzania, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Cambodia, Egypt, Ethiopia, Honduras and Ecuador.

Quote:
The Bajaj Qute is the first and only Indian-made quadricycle to have complied with the norms of the European Union and that of the European WVTR (Whole Vehicle Type Approval). The Qute can be used only in the commercial sector, for moving people as well as goods, for which the company offers different configurations of the quadricycle.
The Bajaj Qute (RE60)-bajajquteredandblacklaunchedinturkey.jpg

Source: IAB

Edit: Why is this not launching in India? Is it because of the confusion and discussion around the 'quadricycle' nomenclature?

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 30th November 2015 at 19:45.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 19:54   #218
Senior - BHPian

So this is what I had spotted on the Army road from Pimpri to Pune-Mumbai highway, around 2-3 months back. These were being tested. Spotted at least 5-6, but they were coming from the other side towards Pune, while I was going towards Lonavala.

Then I just could not figure out what it was as it was so small and neither could I make out the emblem. They were camouflaged too.

3.84L in the export markets, so how much would they retail here for? But it becomes immaterial because of
Quote:
The Qute can be used only in the commercial sector, for moving people as well as goods, for which the company offers different configurations of the quadricycle.
Old 31st December 2015, 16:58   #219
BHPian

Spotted the Qute on the Pune Mumbai highway last week. As the picture shows, there was a solo driver with all other seats occupied by test dummies. There was even luggage mounted on top of the vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
The Bajaj Qute (RE60)-img_20151225_100047.jpg  

Old 12th January 2016, 20:22   #220
Senior - BHPian

Spotted the Qute RE 60 on 8th Jan on the Pune bypass road near Baner. Was doing close to 70 km/hr (or was that flat out) and had reasonably powerful headlights too.
Attached Thumbnails
The Bajaj Qute (RE60)-img20160111wa0000.jpg  

GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 21:51   #221
BHPian

Guys,

Any idea how has been the reaction of the market to Qute? Has it been a hit?
Old 12th January 2016, 23:14   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Guys,

Any idea how has been the reaction of the market to Qute? Has it been a hit?
Qute is not on sale in indian market as of now.
Old 13th January 2016, 14:23   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Qute is not on sale in indian market as of now.
Actually I was referring to any markets where it has been launched. In India, they are still awaiting regulatory approvals I guess.
Old 10th February 2016, 13:38   #224
Senior - BHPian

Bajaj has now launched two websites for the Qute, in order to spread awareness for the product, while also starting the #FreeTheQute campaign, where visitors can register and show their support for the quadricycle if they wish to. Given below are links to the websites:

- Bajaj Qute
- FreeTheQute

Link to Team-BHP news article

The Bajaj Qute (RE60)-1.jpg

The Bajaj Qute (RE60)-3.jpg

The Bajaj Qute (RE60)-2.jpg

The Bajaj Qute (RE60)-4.jpg
Tushar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 13:48   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Bajaj launches a "Free the Qute" online campaign in India

Bajaj launches a "Free the Qute" online campaign in India.

The Bajaj Qute is a quadricycle is powered by a 217cc, four valves, liquid cooled fuel injected engine capable of 13.5 PS power at 5,500 rpm and 19.6 Nm torque at 4,000 rpm mated to a 5-speed sequential gearbox. It has been launched in few countries at a price tag of ~$2000 (INR 1.2L)

The Bajaj Qute (RE60)-qute.jpg

Bajaj Qute India has not been launched in India because of some opposition which claims that it is not safe. Bajaj Auto has now released a series of new videos highlighting the safety features of Qute. Bajaj wanted to launch the Qute in India first, but even after waiting for months and fighting various PILs, the company failed to convince the Indian government about the safety of their new Qute.

While the Qute does not seem to be the safest mode of transport, it does seem safer than a semi open Auto. Seems a little strange that in a country like India, where we have all kinds of things running on the roads, approval for this is being held back citing safety. I had earlier read that this was more in relation to the approval of the new class of vehicle called 'Quadricycle'

Sources:
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks