Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2012, 16:41   #31
BHPian

Re: Airport to City - Public Transport

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
Stepped out of airport and i was greeted by tons of taxi wallahs. Saw couple of BMTC buses parked and boarded one that goes through Silkboard

Initially i was little apprehended about the time on which bus would reach destination , boarded at 7.20 and reached Silkboard by 8.50(being saturday traffic was less)

Pretty good service for someone like me who is using it for the first time and cost was 180rs

Return trip also i wanted to take bus ,but everyone said safe bet is cab as traffic is heavy , 500rs for a Indica that was producing rattling sound from everywhere and even seatbelt was broken

I guess 500rs is reasonable ,from what i heard meru cab would cost 750 , is that rite?

While going out of airport in morning seeing the number of taxicabs parked i was like this , Logans,Indigos,Indicas,Ikons,Fiestas and i even saw a bright red ANHC taxi

Is there any cab service that uses red coloured cabs only in bangalore

The Volvo is a very good option if you are traveling solo and have some spare time.. as you may have to wait ~20 mins for a bus... If you use Meru or any other cab to Silk Board, you ll pay close to 1000 bucks.... They charge Rs. 17.50 per km during the day and the distance form Silk Board to Airport is around 55 kms.

There are a lot of unauthorized taxis in Bangalore Airport who try to fleece the unaware traveller.. No use of meters and what they end up charging is 1.5x of what you pay on Meru / Easy cabs / KSTDC

Easy Cabs has added Fiesta Classic to its fleet while kSTDC has a lot of Dzires... The red cabs are operated by a Whitefield based operator with a fleet of red fiesta classics.. Forgot the name of the operator though..... About 80% of airport cab fleet is Logan / Verito / Indigo though....
Old 8th March 2012, 09:19   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chennai - Fast track

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
As far as I know none of the organized taxi services own any of the taxis operated by them (Meru, Mega, Easy, Kolkata...). It makes business sense not to do so.
Agree with you. Initially when Barathi started their service in Chennai during 2005(IIRC), they owned Omni's with OE painted yellow. Later they removed all the Omni and are operating only Indica only - Not sure they still own them are like Fast track, just attach.

Here in Pune, when I spoke to couple of Travel time cab drivers I understood that the cab is hypothecated to Travel time.

Last edited by Ashley2 : 8th March 2012 at 09:24.
Old 3rd April 2012, 14:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

BMTC Vayu Vajra has got a new color - Green. This is to distinguish from other Volvo services that they operate across the city. Some extracts from the article published in DH and the link -

All Vayu Vajra buses to the airport are going green, only in colour though. The Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) is replacing its entire fleet of red Vayu Vajra buses with brand new Volvos with a green scheme.

K R Sreenivas, Managing Director, BMTC, told Deccan Herald that 64 new Volvo buses would replace the Vayu Vajra fleet by April-end.
Vayu Vajra buses to sport green
Old 3rd April 2012, 17:14   #34
BHPian

Delhi

IGI airport is pretty well connected by Metro , Bus and taxis.

One can take Metro to New Delhi railway station and change there to ISBT or other destinations . DTC run;s Air conditioned buses from IGI to All major destinations in delhi frequently. For ISBT frequency is every 30 min. One can Avail Taxi as well and it;s pretty organized at IGI unlike past. One can Hire taxi from Pre Paid booth run by delhi traffic police. Meru too have a stall at IGI terminal for hiring their taxis.
Old 3rd April 2012, 17:23   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Delhi

IGI airport is pretty well connected by Metro , Bus and taxis.

One can take Metro to New Delhi railway station and change there to ISBT or other destinations . DTC run;s Air conditioned buses from IGI to All major destinations in delhi frequently. For ISBT frequency is every 30 min. One can Avail Taxi as well and it;s pretty organized at IGI unlike past. One can Hire taxi from Pre Paid booth run by delhi traffic police. Meru too have a stall at IGI terminal for hiring their taxis.
Was at Delhi recently and noted this - at the airport, there was a long queue at the pre paid taxi counter - about 50+ ppl in the line at 1030PM in the night. When you come out, you see a separate area for Radio Cabs which was served by Easy Cabs and the line was as short as ~10-12 people - is there a considerable difference in fare that most people prefer Pre Paid Taxis?

I took EasyCabs to Gurgaon (Fortune Hotel near Guru Dronacharya Metro) and costed me ~550 including toll and airport parking (which I was informed passengers have to pay, unlike Bangalore where taxis have smart cards to access parking and hence no parking charge is passed to passengers)
Old 3rd April 2012, 17:33   #36
BHPian

Easy cabs are costly as they charge on Per km;s Basis ( some 15 Rs/KM IMO) , where as Pre paid taxi counter is cheap since it;s controlled by Delhi Traffic police & one pays on flat basis. They have a chart showing distance to all destinations within Delhi based on shortest route. accordingly fare is calculated and slip is issued. Same booth is used for taxi & Auto guys hence the long queue

See below quote from DTP ;s website

For Yellow taxis : -
Quote:
Rs 20/- for first Kilometer (upon downing the meter) and thereafter Rs. 11.00/- per Kilometer for Non-AC taxis and Rs . 13.00/ per Kilometer for AC taxis for every additional Kilometer
For Auto;s :- ( three tyres type , Bajaj )
Quote:
Rs 19/- for first fall of 2 Kilometer (upon downing the meter) and thereafter Rs. 6.50/- per Kilometer for every additional Kilometer
Old 4th April 2012, 17:55   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Easy cabs are costly as they charge on Per km;s Basis ( some 15 Rs/KM IMO) , where as Pre paid taxi counter is cheap since it;s controlled by Delhi Traffic police & one pays on flat basis. They have a chart showing distance to all destinations within Delhi based on shortest route. accordingly fare is calculated and slip is issued. Same booth is used for taxi & Auto guys hence the long queue

See below quote from DTP ;s website

For Yellow taxis : -
For Auto;s :- ( three tyres type , Bajaj )
Thanks - that explains it... Easycabs infact charged ~22 per km from the airport to Gurgaon and ~20 on the way back - was also surprised to see differential pricing to / from the airport !!!
Old 4th April 2012, 18:06   #38
BHPian

^^ That extra could be night charges as you took taxi @ 10.30 PM in night .
Old 5th November 2012, 21:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

Not only the BMTC's airport service sustained but has become an integral part of the flying public. Even though earlier days were full of empty buses, a lot of commuters especially single travellers prefer these buses to private transport as it is more economical.

There has been quite a bit of route rationalization and now many routes overlap with each other and converge into some main bus stations before hitting the road to the airport.

With some brand new green shining Volvo buses added to the fleet, it makes it really a pleasent experience travelling in one.
Old 6th November 2012, 15:46   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Hyderabad

Everything you need to know.
To and from airport, Airport Transportation of Rajiv Gandhi Hyderabad International Airport

I have used these buses and find them very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Adding to the above post, I'm a newcomer to Hyderabad, and I travel frequently. I've found the aeroexpress service to be excellent. They not only keep up the timings mentioned on their website, but are quite comfortable, and reasonable in terms of fares as well. A complete no-nonsense service. Just pay 180/-, and enjoy the 1 hour drive to the airport, and you are dropped right in front of the departure gate.

The only annoying thing is the cab wallahs standing standing outside the bus stops, who try to get a customer by berating the service. I've heard stories like, saar, this bus will take 2.5 hours to reach the airport. One should steer clear of them.
UPDATE for Hyderabad
Aero Express now charges Rs.230 one way, Rs.400 for return trip. The return trip ticket is valid for 10 days.

I have had a good experience with the cabbies you speak of FoW, he was however, not trying to belittle the bus service or anything.

"Sir, I will also charge Rs.200 and you won't even have to wait here for the next 20 mins" (I had just missed the bus, and this was when the fare was Rs.200). Once I agreed, he promptly convinced 2 more guys at the stop and we left.
Old 6th November 2012, 18:46   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Not only the BMTC's airport service sustained but has become an integral part of the flying public. Even though earlier days were full of empty buses, a lot of commuters especially single travellers prefer these buses to private transport as it is more economical.
I am one of those who moved the other way - from the Vayu Vajra to driving on my own. The VV service is rather infrequent for my liking (Route 4 for me, with a bus every hour on the hour during the night and part of the day). Since my company reimburses me for Meru, I take my own car and park at the long term parking at BIAL (Rs. 200 a day).
Old 6th November 2012, 18:55   #42
BHPian

well, now I am feeling ashamed of being a Bombayiete. the most talked about city in our country DOES NOT have a dedicated bus service to the city or to the Suburbs, inspite of the airport being BANG in the middle of the city.
Old 6th November 2012, 20:47   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
well, now I am feeling ashamed of being a Bombayiete. the most talked about city in our country DOES NOT have a dedicated bus service to the city or to the Suburbs, inspite of the airport being BANG in the middle of the city.
BEST has several routes through the airports. 267 to Dindoshi, 378 to Marol etc. are a couple of them from the Santa Cruz airport. 180 to Malwani goes via my office; I have taken it a couple of times. Admittedly these are the regular BEST buses so no Volvo experience, no a/c comfort etc.

In the end the sheer size of Mumbai would make a dedicated service a challenge to operate, I guess.
Old 7th November 2012, 11:28   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I am one of those who moved the other way - from the Vayu Vajra to driving on my own. The VV service is rather infrequent for my liking (Route 4 for me, with a bus every hour on the hour during the night and part of the day). Since my company reimburses me for Meru, I take my own car and park at the long term parking at BIAL (Rs. 200 a day).
Park my car at BIAL and go for that 3 day trip! This is news to me! Normally I take a cab from Bellandur as VV bus timings are irregular. The cab costs avg Rs.700/- one way. Can you please give some details on long term parking at BIAL? Is it in a different parking lot (other than the regular drop-off/pick-up parking place?)It is safe & secure? Do we need to pay beforehand ? Maximum how many days allowed? No better feeling than coming back from the trip; avoid all the persisting taxi agents and find my ride waiting for me.
Old 7th November 2012, 11:56   #45
BHPian

I love the Vayu Vajra Airport Service . Superb Service

But unfortunately where I put-up Auto/Taxis denies to take me to Nearest BIAL Bus Depot

So I finally I booked a cab at 080 490077777 at reasonable rate

Last edited by M.R.Boruwa : 7th November 2012 at 12:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks