Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2012, 22:51   #1
BHPian

Mercedes-Benz launches its City Bus

Mercedes-Benz launched its City Bus today in a grand event at its Chakan plant. The bus was very well appreciated by the present guests. The bus was on display after it was inaugurated. The guests also got a ride in the bus and a guided tour around the City Bus production plant.
Since this is a premium product, the rear-engined bus will come packed with features like a powerful AC, low floor entry, air suspension, entry ramp for wheel-chairs, automatic transmission, disc brakes with ABS, pneumatic driver seat, adjustible steering column, address system etc. An inline 6-cylinder, 7200cc, 252hp engine drives the bus.The bus complies with Euro IV pollution norms. The seating capacity is 37 while others can stand.
The body of the bus is build by Mercedes-Benz's partner MCV [Egypt] at the Chakan plant itself. The bus has a very dynamic design, a fine build with the best quality.
Lets hope that citizens get to 'Travel With The Star' as soon as possible.
Some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes-Benz launches its City Bus-dsc09396res.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz launches its City Bus-dsc09411res.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz launches its City Bus-dsc09425res.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz launches its City Bus-dsc09403res.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz launches its City Bus-dsc08203res.jpg  

Tejas Ingle is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2012, 23:46   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mercedes-Benz launches its City Bus

There were a couple of these buses in B'lore; saw them around a year ago but for some reason don't see them anymore.

My opinion on these buses, based on the 1 time I sat in one of these is, they are neither as good looking as the Volvos nor as comfortable.

Probably they have made things better with the official launch version.
Old 10th March 2012, 01:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Merc need not waste money in testing these buses.Simply give them to PMPML and they will do the needfull with their pathetic management.

Hope to see them soon on PUNE's roads, esp hinjewadi
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2012, 08:55   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Merc need not waste money in testing these buses.Simply give them to PMPML and they will do the needfull with their pathetic management.

Try this:
Do a google search on the following keywords exactly:
worst public transport india

Pune's public transport comes top in the search results!

After living in Pune for 23 years, I can undoubtedly state that PMT (PMPML?) is easily the worst and most corrupt public transport service in India (and consequently the world). A total eyesore on Pune's streets, and one which would do society a great favor if the service is shutdown for good. As it is, no self-respecting person uses this service.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2012, 09:27   #5
BHPian

Hey hie tejas Whats the cost of these buses ?? We had a chance to see them during our CAM batch visit to MB plant. They were standing right outside the Mechatronics center.
Old 10th March 2012, 11:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
Hey hie tejas Whats the cost of these buses ??
The Mercedes Benz C125RLE costs Rs.90L excluding taxes et al.
Old 10th March 2012, 21:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

yeah, give these buses to PMPML and after 6 months you will see the bus with lots of dust on it,headlamps replaced with local round one, also the taillights broken, damaged automatic opening doors, patrician in windshield
Old 11th March 2012, 00:42   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
There were a couple of these buses in B'lore; saw them around a year ago but for some reason don't see them anymore.

My opinion on these buses, based on the 1 time I sat in one of these is, they are neither as good looking as the Volvos nor as comfortable.

Probably they have made things better with the official launch version.
My experience with these buses is contradictory. The suspension was very good, the bus did not sway like a Volvo and was quiet stable. It was also technologically sound.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Try this:

After living in Pune for 23 years, I can undoubtedly state that PMT (PMPML?) is easily the worst and most corrupt public transport service in India (and consequently the world). A total eyesore on Pune's streets, and one which would do society a great favor if the service is shutdown for good. As it is, no self-respecting person uses this service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
yeah, give these buses to PMPML and after 6 months you will see the bus with lots of dust on it,headlamps replaced with local round one, also the taillights broken, damaged automatic opening doors, patrician in windshield
If PMPML is going to have these buses or not is not known. Few years ago MB buses were running with the PMT fleet on a trial basis. But I guess those were the semi low floor buses which are too basic. Hope that PMPML gets some of these buses and 'maintains' them. They will add to the pride of the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
Hey hie tejas Whats the cost of these buses ?? We had a chance to see them during our CAM batch visit to MB plant. They were standing right outside the Mechatronics center.
Hi Neil. The ones that you saw were probably the older euro II versions unless you saw the silver one which was completely masked at that time. The one that is launched now looks similar but is more advanced than that.
As told by Silversteed, the cost of the base model is 9millions. If any accessories apart from the standard features are added, it will add to the cost.
Old 11th March 2012, 10:56   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hey Tejas thanks for sharing. Were you also able to take a ride in it? How was it? I know that would not be a good indicator of how it would perform on Pune roads.

Can spot you as well in one of the snaps.
Old 11th March 2012, 13:08   #10
Senior - BHPian

Any news on who would be getting these buses first? BMTC had ordered for 10 MB C120LEs earlier - but the order was cancelled after MB informed unavailability of a BSIV engine (then, according to news papers).

The red one seems to suggest BMTC is in the race.
Old 11th March 2012, 14:30   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Hey Tejas thanks for sharing. Were you also able to take a ride in it? How was it? I know that would not be a good indicator of how it would perform on Pune roads.
I have had many trials and have seen the bus inside-out. The bus is a very strong build, the quality is good, its stuffed with electronics and technology. It offers a comfortable ride. It should perform on Pune roads; the body height can be raised .

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Any news on who would be getting these buses first? BMTC had ordered for 10 MB C120LEs earlier - but the order was cancelled after MB informed unavailability of a BSIV engine (then, according to news papers).
The red one seems to suggest BMTC is in the race.
It was said during the launch that nothing has been finalised yet but MB is in talks with potential customers. I dont know who would they be, but my guess is Mumbai and Bangalore. This one is Euro IV.
Tejas Ingle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2012, 20:26   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas Ingle View Post
My experience with these buses is contradictory. The suspension was very good, the bus did not sway like a Volvo and was quiet stable. It was also technologically sound.

...., the cost of the base model is 9millions. If any accessories apart from the standard features are added, it will add to the cost.
For us to understand, can you throw some light on features/technology better Volvo 8400.

City bus segment should not be the case for Mercedes as in Intercity coaches, where the equation is still/highly in favour for Volvo.
Asking price of MB should be completely deserved by it and not just for the erstwhile brand name.
Old 18th March 2012, 00:33   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Try this:

I have respect for the drivers who drive these poorly maintained buses.
Funniest part was the tussle between PMT and PMPML over new buses door locations ( BRTS buses, left side or right side ) and now they have buses with doors on both sides.

There are few buses which have first step which is very very high.
I was a frequent bus traveller in mumbai and had to use pune bus service for first 15 days till i got my vehicles here.

Mercedes Benz buses will surely entice people back to bus travel which is critically the need of hour to decongest our cities.
Old 30th March 2012, 20:44   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mercedes Benz buses will surely entice people back to bus travel which is critically the need of hour to decongest our cities.
I do not know whether the Benz buses would entice people back to public transport but would surely make a dream come true to board a Mercedes Benz
Old 31st March 2012, 19:11   #15
BHPian

Except in the large Metros like Mumbai/Delhi/Chennai these buses may work. But Pune no way. Fares will be high and PCMT will really mess these buses to scrap in no time.

If PCMT does introduce these buses, will definitely ride in them !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks