Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2012, 17:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Eicher launches a 14.5 ton truck - The Eicher 11.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Almost.But this will the same case when Ecomets and 1109's are also migrated to this level. But the other two mentioned here are almost hauling the same loads when customer demands (I have seen 1212 Ecomet strong hualing cement bags upto 18 T ie 50% overload). But Eichers are mostly for a light application, which Eicher may want to over come with a better engineered product, IMO.
But also look at the price points. I don't think this product will be priced near a 1109 that would eat their own similar products. Though 1109's do take a fair amount of beating.

Secondly cement etc are not low density products and Eicher is not famous for overloading.

Thirdly 16 tonners usually do high density duty for light duty they used car carrier conversions.
Old 29th April 2012, 19:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post

Secondly cement etc are not low density products an
d Eicher is not famous for overloading.

Thirdly 16 tonners usually do high density duty for light duty they used car carrier conversions.
Cement as such is not low density, but remember a rated load can also be taken with cement.

The car carrier is supposed to be called as light density but voluminous good, which not even 16T but even 12M and LPO 1512/1618 are also used.
Old 30th April 2012, 12:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Cement as such is not low density, but remember a rated load can also be taken with cement.

The car carrier is supposed to be called as light density but voluminous good, which not even 16T but even 12M and LPO 1512/1618 are also used.
A rated load can be taken for any goods including steel , like you mentioned earlier, but the point is how the vehicle is actually put to use, not what it is rated to perform on paper.

The car carrier is a bus chassis with helper springs hence your ref to LPO etc. The Eicher 14T won't be that long I think, so the economics won't show. There are some 4 cyl LP's , LPO's ? I'm not sure. But then they become more viable than the 14T Eicher.
Old 30th April 2012, 17:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Almost.But this will the same case when Ecomets and 1109's are also migrated to this level. But the other two mentioned here are almost hauling the same loads when customer demands (I have seen 1212 Ecomet strong hualing cement bags upto 18 T ie 50% overload). But Eichers are mostly for a light application, which Eicher may want to over come with a better engineered product, IMO.
The problem is that the average stupid customer(oops customer is god) always takes the rated load as a baseline, adds extra leaves and then starts operation. 9.5 T payload in customer's language would translate to a 15 T payload on a given normal day. What i'm worried is that Eicher is taking a risk in raising the customer expectations beyond what the product can actually handle consistently. And no doubts that 1109 and 1212 are destined to follow suit.
Another issue is that the engine has been re-rated to 114 from 105 ps. Even though the block may handle that additional pressure, again it will be at the cost of 'Engine Life'.
Lets all sit back and watch the tamasha in the coming years.

Most Viewed