Team-BHP - Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/)
-   -   Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/121992-tata-xenon-pickup-rx-series-launched-basic-workhorse-variant.html)

Hi guys, TATA has just launched the XENON pickup.

As per the sales guy, its included in existing RX pickup series (previously known as 207).

RX pickup >> RX crewcab >> Xenon pickup (>> Xenon xt Lol :uncontrol)

Anyway here are some pics. I don't have any technical specs as they didnt have any Brochures with them. The sales guy had brought the vehicle to my house for a TD.

Only things I know are:IMO its nothing but the current RX PICKUP with XENON cab. PV-Pickups-Tata 207 DI RX

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08285-large.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08286-large.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08287-large.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08288-large.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08289-large.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08290-large.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08291-large.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08292-large.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08293-large.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08294-large.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08295-large.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08296-large.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08297-large.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08298-large.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08299-large.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08300-large.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08301-large.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08302-large.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08302-large.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08304-large.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08305-large.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08306-large.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-dsc08307-large.jpg

Nikhil

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Commercial Vehicle Section. Thanks for sharing!

The Xenon was such a nice and practical vehicle according to me. Unfortunately a market dud and now has taken the commercial route! Same story goes with the Mahindra Genio Twin cab. :Frustrati
When I was in Phuket, 8 out of ten personal cars that I would see on the road were pick-ups/twin-cabs ranging from Toyota to Isuzu. I would love to see the pick-up, twin cab trend really pickup in India.

The front looks cramped! And I would have preferred clean lines on the tub concealing the fluted pattern. Somehow reminds me more of the Mahindra Genio than the Xenon :(

So does the 207 Di styling give way ?

I am not so sure if the looks of the 207di was any disadvantage to it. Infact love to see it. They could have kept this as an upmarket commercial offerring, with flush side panels in the loading area, and with a 4x4 option to take on the Mahindra Pickups in the Hills (especially in the eastern region lot of Mahindra Pik-up 4x4 sells)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepster (Post 2809113)
IMO its nothing but the current RX PICKUP with XENON cab. PV-Pickups-Tata 207 DI RX

I was under impression Xenon is a people mover version of RX 207 Di

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving_Nomad (Post 2809649)
The Xenon was such a nice and practical vehicle according to me. Unfortunately a market dud and now has taken the

TD Xenon & you will know the reason why people dont buy Pickup's in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by discoverwild (Post 2809652)
The front looks cramped! And I would have preferred clean lines on the tub concealing the fluted pattern. Somehow reminds me more of the Mahindra Genio than the Xenon :(

Yes , seats are cramped & ride was Horrible. (even worse than 25 year old jeep)

No, Xenon is much different than Xylo Pickup (Genio) as far as look is concerned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 2809685)
So does the 207 Di styling give way ?

No, its still present as RX pickup & Crewcab. (60K less than Xenon Pickup)
Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-207diex.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-1314020793_241091260_1picturesoftata207dirx.jpg

source: dadamotorstatacv.com & olx.in
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 2809704)
They could have kept this as an upmarket commercial offerring, with flush side panels in the loading area, and with a 4x4 option to take on the Mahindra Pickups in the Hills (especially in the eastern region lot of Mahindra Pik-up 4x4 sells)

First the Xenon Pickup is a upmarket version of RX Pickup.

for personal use TATA XENON XT 4x4 is present at 10,00,000/-.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley2 (Post 2809724)
I was under impression Xenon is a people mover version of RX 207 Di

No , its its the Xenon XT.:D

some Brochure pics of RX Pickup & CREWCAB.
Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-scan0001.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-scan0002.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-scan0003.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-scan0004.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-207-di-ex-crew-cab.jpg

Tata XENON Pickup RX series launched. The Basic, workhorse variant-207-di-ex-crew-cab1.jpg
rgds,
Nikhil

At last happy to see the Xenon as what it really is. A Workhorse Pickup, rather than a glorified "lifestyle vehicle".
Though the 6lac OTR is realistic, would have liked a regular loading bay in addition to the corrugated one as an option and also a double cab option, even if 50k more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving_Nomad
The Xenon was such a nice and practical vehicle according to me. Unfortunately a market dud and now has taken the commercial route! Same story goes with the Mahindra Genio Twin cab. :Frustrati
When I was in Phuket, 8 out of ten personal cars that I would see on the road were pick-ups/twin-cabs ranging from Toyota to Isuzu. I would love to see the pick-up, twin cab trend really pickup in India.

This is because most guys outside, including business owners and farmers, do their own work and hence need a work horse double cab type, all rounder pickup. Here there are always people and vehicles for hire, and they come cheap too!
It will take time to evolve.

I have been a fan of the 207 (formerly known as the TATA Mobile) and have wonderful memories traveling in it for long distances. Back in the day (1994-1995) it did not have a power steering and still was a quite handy.

Looking at the current avatar, just brings back those old memories and find the fit and finish leagues ahead of the older sibling.

Wish TATA could create the Sierra Magic with Xenon and price it competitively. There would be many takers, I am sure.

I feel Xenon deserves much better and is much more capable than a pick up atleast!

Tata Xenon happens to be on my wish-list too..The 207 EX Crew Cab looks good too. It conjures the macho, country-side image that Genio lacks.
A truck is a truck is a truck is a truck!! :)

The first thing that comes to my mind - Buy it & Mod it!!

To do List:

- Remove & re fabricate rear bed to match the front cabin body lines
- Change Leaf springs to CFLs and add softer dampers
- Add Air Con, Power Windows, Power mirrors, Touch Screen, better seats, Alloy+Radials etc

It would become one Stand-Out ride to stand by with:thumbs up. Experts please comment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajat (Post 2820211)
The first thing that comes to my mind - Buy it & Mod it!!

To do List:

- Remove & re fabricate rear bed to match the front cabin body lines
- Change Leaf springs to CFLs and add softer dampers
- Add Air Con, Power Windows, Power mirrors, Touch Screen, better seats, Alloy+Radials etc

It would become one Stand-Out ride to stand by with:thumbs up. Experts please comment.

Want to live with the DI Turbo engine and a 2wd drivetrain?

To be very honest, I have a crush on the DI engine since teenage. There was this person in our neighborhood who had a brand new 207DI crew cab issued to him from his office. He let me drive it a couple of times. I still cant forget the adrenalin rush i used to feel driving something as loud and as 'shruddery'. :D .

But ofcourse, would love to have the said setup with a 2.2 DiCOR engine.

Though I never got into any serious off-roading as of now and hence can live with 2wd.