Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2014, 15:47   #151
BANNED

Re: Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT

Congratulations on the nice buy. Its a bargain for the price. I really want to know a lot about the fuel efficiency of the graceful monster. The sellers are making a lot of ludicrous claims on this aspect with some asserting even 18kpl. My heart yearns to embrace those claims but my head blows the caution whistle that cars of similar size and power have been able to go only less than 10kms to a litre. Another question that bubbles up is the service cost. Please post more on these lines!
Old 7th May 2014, 18:20   #152
Senior - BHPian

@renoy: Congratulations on acquiring a lovely beast! I surely have my eyes set on this as well, but would love for you to keep updating this thread with relevant information as you clock more miles on the beast.
Old 15th May 2014, 17:58   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoy View Post
My latest accquisition - Xenon Crewcab 4x2
Originally it was available only in white & silver, is black a latest addition to the color options? What are other colors available? The Tata site shows Maroon and Blue colors for single cab version, are these colors available for Crew cab also?

Finding information about these vehicles are very difficult, I have left my details twice on the xenon website but I am yet to receive any response.
Old 15th May 2014, 23:13   #154
Senior - BHPian

Xenon crew cab needs to be booked at commercial dealer or pvt dealer?
Old 16th May 2014, 11:02   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Though I am yet to visit any of the dealer but my basic research points out that Xenon CC can be bought through only a CV dealer.

I got a call yesterday from Tata after leaving my details on the Xenon website, the lady who called up was completely clueless, she told me that I would be getting a call from local Tata CV dealer but I am yet to receive any.

I would share the details here if I managed to get any.
Old 16th May 2014, 13:13   #156
Senior - BHPian

Xenon crew cab luxury edition (that's the actual Name) , is only available through CV dealers.
Old 16th May 2014, 13:32   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
What after the dust settles and you are left with a 2.5 ton elephant in your garage? You sure you will love it the same way based purely on the looks for the next 3-5 years? About the once in a bluemoon trip. The wheelbase is pretty long and it is a 2WD anyway, so will not offer you much more in terms of 'capability' off the road. In fact owing to its length and heft, it has a higher chance of getting stuck.

For about 8 or 9 on road you can get the Thar. With a 50k hardtop, it would be miles ahead of Xenon in terms of 'capability'. Plus it has about the same amount of interior space as the Xenon (might be a little more, not sure). Has the same utilitarian feel inside out as the Xenon. But is a much more capable machine at the end of the day, plus will not be a handful even in intra city runs. Niggles you say, well, that will be standard fitment on both. Oh and, tolls won't ask you to pay commercial rate.
I am sorry but I differ. Tell me which car does one not get bored of in 3 to 5 years? Heck, I get bored of a car ( any . I would get bored of even a supercar ) in 6 months. Ok, it is a different matter that I cannot afford to buy a new car every 6 months and hang on to what I have.

Thar? Thar look-alike modified jeeps ( out of old willies/ex-military ) have been in existence for decades now. So, Thar does not excite me at all. I have been seeing 'em ( the customised look-alikes ) for ages now. Agreed though that Thar may be a better off-roader than Xenon. But then generally no one buys a Xenon for off-roading. It is for the killer looks that makes a 2-crore car parked next to it invisible. If killer looks is what one wants, Thar is just no match.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2014, 16:03   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I am sorry but I differ. Tell me which car does one not get bored of in 3 to 5 years? Heck, I get bored of a car ( any . I would get bored of even a supercar ) in 6 months. Ok, it is a different matter that I cannot afford to buy a new car every 6 months and hang on to what I have.

Thar? Thar look-alike modified jeeps ( out of old willies/ex-military ) have been in existence for decades now. So, Thar does not excite me at all. I have been seeing 'em ( the customised look-alikes ) for ages now. Agreed though that Thar may be a better off-roader than Xenon. But then generally no one buys a Xenon for off-roading. It is for the killer looks that makes a 2-crore car parked next to it invisible. If killer looks is what one wants, Thar is just no match.
Relax. I don't remember replying to you. Above post was directed to someone else. Read that post, his requirements then again read his next post after mine.
Old 17th May 2014, 17:55   #159
Senior - BHPian

Received a call from local Tata dealer, Xenon CC can not be registered on white plates in UP.
The price difference between utility and luxury variant is around 35k, AC and power windows are two main features which are missing in former.
Old 18th May 2014, 13:54   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Relax. I don't remember replying to you. Above post was directed to someone else. Read that post, his requirements then again read his next post after mine.
Relax? Me? Hmmm,... Is there any rule here that you do not speak unless you are spoken to. Not that I'm aware of. Everyone quotes everyone and replies. It is an open forum. I did not know I needed your permission to reply to your post.

You do not have to get worked up over my disliking Thar. I am entitled to my opinion, too, just as you are to yours.
Old 18th May 2014, 14:01   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Relax? Me? Hmmm,... Is there any rule here that you do not speak unless you are spoken to. Not that I'm aware of. Everyone quotes everyone and replies. It is an open forum. I did not know I needed your permission to reply to your post.

You do not have to get worked up over my disliking Thar. I am entitled to my opinion, too, just as you are to yours.
Again. Please relax. I was replying to that specific query. Not generally speaking.
Old 18th May 2014, 16:29   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Originally it was available only in white & silver, is black a latest addition to the color options? What are other colors available? The Tata site shows Maroon and Blue colors for single cab version, are these colors available for Crew cab also?

Finding information about these vehicles are very difficult, I have left my details twice on the xenon website but I am yet to receive any response.

The 4 x2 version is available in Black, Silver, White & Maroon. The 4 x 4 Crewcab is available only in Silver.
Old 18th May 2014, 16:33   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Xenon Crewcab is available only through the Commercial Vehicle dealers but can be registered privately by filing an undertaking at the court specifying that the vehicle will not be used for commercial purpose. There is an additional cost of 10k for getting this done and the whole process takes about 2 weeks.
renoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2014, 16:41   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
Congratulations on the nice buy. Its a bargain for the price. I really want to know a lot about the fuel efficiency of the graceful monster. The sellers are making a lot of ludicrous claims on this aspect with some asserting even 18kpl. My heart yearns to embrace those claims but my head blows the caution whistle that cars of similar size and power have been able to go only less than 10kms to a litre. Another question that bubbles up is the service cost. Please post more on these lines!
I don't think the vehicle would return more than 10 - 12kmpl. It feels a bit underpowered though. The engine is a bit noisy but inside the cabin its quiet. I had a Thar Crde prior to buying the Xenon Crewcab and I personally feel the fit and finish is way better than the Thar.
renoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 16:26   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
I really want to know a lot about the fuel efficiency of the graceful monster. The sellers are making a lot of ludicrous claims on this aspect with some asserting even 18kpl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by renoy View Post
I don't think the vehicle would return more than 10 - 12kmpl.
My 2009 Xenon XT 4x2 gives around 13+kml. (100% AC, 70 % highway)

IMO 3.0L CC should give more than 2.2vvt.
jeepster is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks