Team-BHP - Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/)
-   -   Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/122932-tata-xenon-crew-cab-launched-downgraded-variant-xenon-xt-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrenchmonkee (Post 3321791)
The major reason for considering the xenon are the looks alone.

Well, that rules out any alternative(s), but I will still suggest one - a little later. Take a few test drives and then judge the utility of this thing. Ok, you are floored by the looks, you will feel awesome walking up to it and driving off when the whole market it oogling at it. What after the dust settles and you are left with a 2.5 ton elephant in your garage? You sure you will love it the same way based purely on the looks for the next 3-5 years? About the once in a bluemoon trip. The wheelbase is pretty long and it is a 2WD anyway, so will not offer you much more in terms of 'capability' off the road. In fact owing to its length and heft, it has a higher chance of getting stuck.

For about 8 or 9 on road you can get the Thar. With a 50k hardtop, it would be miles ahead of Xenon in terms of 'capability'. Plus it has about the same amount of interior space as the Xenon (might be a little more, not sure). Has the same utilitarian feel inside out as the Xenon. But is a much more capable machine at the end of the day, plus will not be a handful even in intra city runs. Niggles you say, well, that will be standard fitment on both. Oh and, tolls won't ask you to pay commercial rate. :D

Dry ice thanks a ton for your opinion it did change my view of the xenon. I did take a test drive of the xenon couple of days ago the first impression I got was that xenon is huge when other members said that it was longer then the Q7 I dint have slightest idea that it would be so huge. You have to see it in flesh to actually realize how long it is this thing will not fit in my parking space at all. But the size itself is no deterrent for driving this car in city. Did a short TD in heavy traffic but I did not face any problem in driving the xenon. People on the roads are scared of this beast and do make way for you to pass through.

The 3.0 lt dicor engine is a bit rough with quiet a bit of sound creeping inside the cabin but it was expected however I would like to state that it is actually not as bad as is being portrayed on the internet. The cabin was spartan with really cheap plastics all around, the AC was amazing Chilled the cabin in no time. The overall fit and finish was okay keeping in mind the volume of bulk being offered at 7lakh.

So overall the xenon is Chalega types car but not for me. Looking forward to TD the thar this week however my fiancé is not to happy about the Thar and wants me to take a look at another Tata car the storme so another car is in the mix.

The Tata service was really nice I booked a TD on the Web and within 48 hrs the dealers representative was at my door step with the car that confidence inspiring and may be a sign that Tata has changed for the better.

Huge it is! I have had a couple of test drives and purposefully took many u turns, tried out parallel parking, reversing up down a slope.. Almost everything I could recollect from my daily drives. Unless driving in a straight line, this thing is a pain!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrenchmonkee (Post 3325809)
.... wants me to take a look at another Tata car the storme so another car is in the mix.

If Storme is in budget, look no further. Or maybe throw in the XUV w4 in the mix as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepster (Post 3211678)
Thanks for this update.

I too want some broader rubber for my Xenon XT. (MRF Wanderer 265/65/17)

AFAIK most 17" 160pcd alloys available are in negative offset design which causes tyre to foul with fender flare at front the mud flap area.:eek:

Please share your alloy specs & price. (width & offset)

Also can you take some pics of front bull bar bracket. (to understand how its fitted.)

rgds,
Nikhil

Nikhil,
I have to check the offset, haven't checked it so far.

The front fender is altered and a bit of cutting was done to accommodate the wheel steer to maximum.

Will post the pics soon.:)

@jeepster: hey i just got some broad rubber on my Tata Xenon XT. After discussing with the MRF engineer in mangalore ,i went for MRF Wanderer 255/65 R16 . I just came back after a 200+ km run and these are really good set of tyres.
The tyres don't touch the mud flap nor the fenders. Its a good upsize from stock 215/75 R16.
Will post pics soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabretooth911 (Post 3376473)
@jeepster: hey i just got some broad rubber on my Tata Xenon XT. After discussing with the MRF engineer in mangalore ,i went for MRF Wanderer 255/65 R16 . I just came back after a 200+ km run and these are really good set of tyres.
The tyres don't touch the mud flap nor the fenders. Its a good upsize from stock 215/75 R16.

Thanks for the update.

are you using stock alloys ?

rgds,
Nikhil

yes sir i'm on stock alloys.Dint find good alloys here in mangalore .Will be going to bangalore next month and search for good 16inch alloys.Any recommendation?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabretooth911 (Post 3377266)
yes sir i'm on stock alloys.Dint find good alloys here in mangalore .Will be going to bangalore next month and search for good 16inch alloys.Any recommendation?

This is the one i liked.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...ml#post2905726

But now i am thinking to get some negative off set 15" rims with some 32x11.50-15 MT tyres.

Like this.
Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT-xenon-tyre.jpg
source: facebook
rgds,
Nikhil

hello,
thanks for the info regarding alloys. I checked out their website and sent an inquiry via email.
If you going for the above mentioned negative offsets then i'm sure you will have to modify the front fenders.Not sure how she'll behave with such broad wheels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabretooth911 (Post 3378929)
hello,
thanks for the info regarding alloys. I checked out their website and sent an inquiry via email.
If you going for the above mentioned negative offsets then i'm sure you will have to modify the front fenders.Not sure how she'll behave with such broad wheels.

Hi Sabretooth,

I have also recently purchased a Xenon Crewcab and am on the lookout for wider tyres and alloys. I have liked an alloy wheel from HRS with the spec 8.0width, 16". I am just curious if opt for these alloys with 255/65/R16 tyres will they foul with the fenders.

regards

Renoy

@renoy: I got 255/65/R16 on my Xenon XT and they don't foul with the fenders ,surely you can go ahead with it. Sai mag wheels has good options. H547 is my favorite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabretooth911 (Post 3399425)
@renoy: I got 255/65/R16 on my Xenon XT and they don't foul with the fenders ,surely you can go ahead with it. Sai mag wheels has good options. H547 is my favorite.

I got a reply from Sai Mag Wheels saying that I have to alter the fender inorder to fix the alloys. Now I am confused.

see the pictures below,255/65/R16 and they do not touch the fenders.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabretooth911 (Post 3400362)
see the pictures below,255/65/R16 and they do not touch the fenders.

From the pictures it's quite clear that 255/65/16 is a correct upsize for the Xenon. But the HRS alloys have an 8" width with zero offset. Is that ok? I don't think the stock alloy is more than 6.5".

Guys, I have been planning to buy the Crew Cab for myself but I have been given to understand that it has absolutely zero resale value....is this correct? I do understand that it would not find too many buyers but then what's the kind of depreciation I should expect while selling the truck after 2-4 years of ownership?

Request urgent responses in this regard please.