Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2013, 14:39   #91
BHPian

Re: Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDiesel View Post
Some more photos with ATC 17" Alloy Wheels. I haven't seen Xenon with such big wheels yet, most of the regular ones are with 15" and 16" versions.

Tire size is 265/65/R17 Bridgestone Dueler H/L
Awesome Alloy Turbo diesel. How much did they cost for 5? It made this beast more meaner Yes even i have never seen a Xenon with 17" wheels? Does it need little low profile tires?
HarneetBarmy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2013, 15:19   #92
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarneetBarmy View Post
Awesome Alloy Turbo diesel. How much did they cost for 5? It made this beast more meaner Yes even i have never seen a Xenon with 17" wheels? Does it need little low profile tires?
I only replaced 4 of them, because you cannot fit the tire in the reserved place meant for spare tire, size is the problem. Total cost is around 90K including Tires which are 14K each.

The tire profile greater than 65 on 17" alloy wheels was unable to fit in the wheel wells of Xenon.
Old 13th May 2013, 00:23   #93
BHPian

Thanks for the backseat pictures. The tires are looking awesome!
smokie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 15:07   #94
Team-BHP Support

Xenon Crew Cab or Genio

We need to pick one vehicle for Delivery purpose , will appreciate if members can help in arriving a decision , we are into Bearing's distribution

-Carry load mostly less than 300-500 Kg , plan to use back seat of either as a lockable space for light & expensive parts and put heavy articles in rear
-Travel with NCR and occasionally to Ludhiana , Chandigarh .
- Possibility of having Private registration anywhere in Haryana / Punjab -as of now Tata guys have confirmed registration as private in case of personal name but not on company name
- is it legal to carry goods for privately registered vehicles in case these are registered under company name ? i have heard that if we maintain a log book we can .
Old 11th July 2013, 07:42   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Xenon Crew Cab or Genio

We need to pick one vehicle for Delivery purpose , will appreciate if members can help in arriving a decision , we are into Bearing's distribution

-Carry load mostly less than 300-500 Kg , plan to use back seat of either as a lockable space for light & expensive parts and put heavy articles in rear
A Genio or a Xenon Crew cab seems overkill for your payload/volume requirements.

Do you plan to use it to ferry around people as well, or as a personal car sometimes or purely use it for carrying goods??

You may look at a Tata Super Ace or a Leyland Dost(if available in your region). Both these can carry your goods load in comfort, are available with a few creature comforts and are pretty good out on the highway. They will give you considerably more mileage. If you need a lockable space, you can always build a frame on top of the load body, with lockable doors.
Old 11th July 2013, 07:52   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Tata Super Ace or a Leyland Dost
Thanks for your reply , we do not intend to carry any people but we need some thing which is good for Highways as well , we intend to do some longer distances like 300 Km say once a week or 10 days . Is it doable in AL -Dost ?
Old 11th July 2013, 08:02   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your reply , we do not intend to carry any people but we need some thing which is good for Highways as well , we intend to do some longer distances like 300 Km say once a week or 10 days . Is it doable in AL -Dost ?
Both the Dost and the Super Ace can comfortable do it, so can a bog standard Ace for that matter.

But considering you slightly higher highway balance, go for a Super Ace or Dost. I think the Super Ace will suit you more, since your weight requirements are low, and the Indica derived engine in the Super Ace is slightly more highway oriented with higher power rating. The Super Ace will comfortably maintain 100kmph even.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 11:30   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Xenon Crew Cab or Genio

For 300-500 Kg, may be Sumo Gold will be enough. Remove the back seats and convert to carry goods. If you have to cover long distance (return after distribution) empty, Sumo Gold will be a better option than one with bed at the back. Other option is Tata Winger Panel Van.
Old 11th July 2013, 11:32   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
For 300-500 Kg, may be Sumo Gold
even I was thinking for something like Bolero , given the perceived maintenance costs associated with Sumo , shall definitely have a look at this one today , thanks !
Old 11th July 2013, 11:37   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
For 300-500 Kg, may be Sumo Gold will be enough. Remove the back seats and convert to carry goods. If you have to cover long distance (return after distribution) empty, Sumo Gold will be a better option than one with bed at the back. Other option is Tata Winger Panel Van.
Even the Sumo Gold may be an overkill.

Since even the Omni Cargo has a payload capacity of 475 kgs.
Quote:
GOODS CARRYING CAPACITY 475 KG
CARGO AREA VOLUME 2000 LITRES
http://www.krishautomotors.com/marut...aruti_model=13
Old 11th July 2013, 11:41   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Even the Sumo Gold may be an overkill.

Since even the Omni Cargo has a payload capacity of 475 kgs.
Omni is Petrol and Diesel is better in load carrying operations!
Old 11th July 2013, 11:57   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Quote:
even I was thinking for something like Bolero , given the perceived maintenance costs associated with Sumo , shall definitely have a look at this one today , thanks !
I think, the smaller 1.4L engine of a Super Ace, or the 1.5L engine of the Dost, will give you considerably better mileage than the 2.5/3 L engine of a Bolero/Sumo.

Since you dont need to be carrying people, why do you want to burn fuel and money, to lug around such huge vehicles. Unless you are actually looking at payloads in the range of 1.5tons or carrying 3-4 people along with the goods, there is no point in going for a Bolero/Sumo/Xenon/Genio.
Old 11th July 2013, 12:09   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
why do you want to burn fuel and money, to lug around such huge vehicles

Another issue that I forgot to mention in my requirements was to have some vehicle which is not very prone to checking & is easy on documentation part - its a pain to pay for road tax for different states and you need to get RC renewed every 2 Years , so with a Bolero or Sumo or crew cab have least chances of getting been stopped for papers .

One of my question as in original post of someone can answer - is it legal to carry goods in non commercial Company registered vehicle by maintaining Log book ??
Old 11th July 2013, 12:15   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another issue that I forgot to mention in my requirements was to have some vehicle which is not very prone to checking & is easy on documentation part - its a pain to pay for road tax for different states and you need to get RC renewed every 2 Years , so with a Bolero or Sumo or crew cab have least chances of getting been stopped for papers .
Is that really worth 1rs per km to you???
Old 11th July 2013, 12:17   #105
Team-BHP Support

Its not about money - just botheration - we had 2 such utility vehicles with lapsed papers but R 1 per Km - I am unable to understand completely

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks