Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2012, 21:58   #61
BHPian

Re: KSRTC Launches Airavat Bliss & Superia: w/ WiFi, Seatback Monitor, Pantry and Toi

Found this photo on FaceBook
Attached Thumbnails
KSRTC Launches Airavat Bliss & Superia: w/ WiFi, Seatback Monitor, Pantry and Toilet-kailash_bliss.jpg  

KALINGA is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 22:39   #62
BHPian

Re: KSRTC Launches Airavat Bliss & Superia: w/ WiFi, Seatback Monitor, Pantry and Toi

Im proud of KSRTC/BMTC. THey always provide more value for the customer. They own the most # of volvo (and now Mercs) buses compared to any other state transport. They initiated this and are sticking to providing superior service to customers. I have travelled several parts of India and really didn't find the quality of service offered by Karnataka transport elsewhere. (Well, lets not talk about the bad roads in Karnataka. Thats offtopic).
By introducing these new service, KSRTC has upped the Game yet again. Great going.
Im a patron of KSRTC/BMTC.
Old 20th July 2012, 11:10   #63
BHPian

Great Move by KSRTC.
Toielts definitely will help the senior folks and really small kids more than others, I only hope that the accessibility aspect is taken care, looks like it may be tough to get into the toilet.

I also greatly like the fact that people get individual screens, now my sleep will not be disturbed with a common TV.

I agree with most of other in this forum, KSRTC offers best service among all bus operators.
Old 20th July 2012, 11:53   #64
BHPian

Any idea on which routes would this be introduced on? Mumbai - Bangalore (fingers crossed)
Old 20th July 2012, 12:01   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Any idea on which routes would this be introduced on? Mumbai - Bangalore (fingers crossed)
Initially, its Bangalore-Chennai and Bangalore-Tirupathi.

Regarding the toilet, since the term itself is "Emergency Toilet", I hope the bus will stop for regular breaks like any other service.
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 12:14   #66
Senior - BHPian

Why the words "Emergency Toilet"?
I am not able to understand this. When it is supposed to be used?

But thumbs up to KSRTC for introducing these features for just Rs 50 extra. Way to go.
Old 20th July 2012, 13:23   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Why the words "Emergency Toilet"?
I am not able to understand this. When it is supposed to be used?
IMO KSRTC wants to emphasize to its passengers that these toilets are supposed to used only when the bus is moving and the passenger "Has" to use the toilet, else I too feel that the buses will have their regular breaks as before. I plan to meet one of their drivers at KBS tomorrow to ask in detail.
Old 20th July 2012, 14:22   #68
BHPian

I like the idea. Whenever I travel by these buses I used to not drink or drink minimal water to avoid going to the public loos en-route. Also, sometimes the halts can be unpredictable incase of traffic jam situation.

Hope things go well for this endeavour and we don't encounter people 'cooking' food in microwave and making mess of the place and puke filled toilets that may make the whole bus stink.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 19:19   #69
Senior - BHPian

Is the "rs 50" sufficient for the upkeep and running of the services?

KSRTC would need to spend on the following
  • Water refill in Loo
  • Loo cleaning (In-bus and also empty the toilet outside a.k.a aircraft)
  • Snacks refill
  • Tea and coffee refils
  • Attender (salary)
I dont think 50/- is sufficient, and also given the fact they lost 6 seats

Thoughts ?
Old 20th July 2012, 19:31   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Thoughts ?
50 Rs maybe for time being to keep the money flow coming in from immediate demand from masses. Once they see the demand for this bus is increasing and the business shapes up, im sure they will increase the difference.

When Volvo's were introduced, there used to be hardly any difference between ordinary AC bus and Volvo. Gradually as the passenger starting demanding the make Volvo, the tickets went up and gradually ordinary AC buses also upgraded themselves to Volvo's level to keep up with competition.
TaurusAl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2012, 01:31   #71
Senior - BHPian

well, on one hand, good, on the other, if this toilet-bus suceeds, i am sure, many private operators would not hesistate to spruce up their Prakash bodied leylands with "Emergency" toilets and charge a premium for the same, on par with volvo.
Old 21st July 2012, 03:39   #72
BHPian

I think the concerns about how people will use the toilet are most genuine. The only way to combat the problem is perhaps to go the USA way where you will have to offer water free toilets. In the USA buses have toilets at the rear end on the right hand side and have chemical toilet that has a big hole where you can actually see the liquid and you also have rolls of toilet paper and a hand sanitizer. That is one way of keeping the toilets clean. The KSRTC toilet is bound to get messy. That is not the way to go. Those who cannot use a water free toilet will have to travel in the regular buses. I have travelled a great deal in the US in Greyhound and also hired executive coaches and that system is fine. But not this KSRTC system, it won't work.
Old 22nd July 2012, 23:00   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Is the "rs 50" sufficient for the upkeep and running of the services?

KSRTC would need to spend on the following
  • Water refill in Loo
  • Loo cleaning (In-bus and also empty the toilet outside a.k.a aircraft)
  • Snacks refill
  • Tea and coffee refils
  • Attender (salary)
I dont think 50/- is sufficient, and also given the fact they lost 6 seats

Thoughts ?
The ticket price will come up to about Rs.750 IIRC. That is quite sufficient if you look at it in the long run. Also, every common family has the desire to try out luxury services atleast once and so, a high price would be a deterrent. The "only Rs. 50 more than Club Class" seems more like a gimmick to me because those are in no ways cheap. Also, I guess they would be charging extra for the snacks and coffee. About the cleaning, the reality is that cleaners are some of the most exploited people and hence they aren't going to be much of a burden.
Attenders wouldn't be required because the conductor himself is quite jobless in between stops when the snacks or coffee is most likely to be needed, so he himself can cater to this part.

Lastly I would like KSRTC to introduce a Bus hostess similar to an air hostess
Old 23rd July 2012, 04:23   #74
BHPian

No wonder, KSRTC bags best 'transport corp' award year after year.

Wi-Fi also?? Well, the concept of Wi-Fi is superb, it's a little late as most of the 'all time on Internet' guys use 3G and 3G+ (Though this was introduced in 'Yaju Vajra' (airport shuttle), it didn't turn out well and a potential loss, for the reason being the bus journey is for a shorter span). This may not be the same on longer routes.

Next, the idea of Emergency toilet is again wonderful. During my school days I'd always think of something like this, honestly. And KSRTC is realising me my dream
Kudos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikhyath View Post
... Lastly I would like KSRTC to introduce a Bus hostess similar to an air hostess
Oh come on, then I'd demand for multiple bus hostesses as in the planes!! How greedy we are & no sign of shame to be showing our teeth..!!

Last edited by aah78 : 24th July 2012 at 06:36. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 23rd July 2012, 06:49   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw

Oh come on, then I'd demand for multiple bus hostesses as in the planes!! How greedy we are & no sign of shame to be showing our teeth..!!
That was a wish and not a serious comment. Who knows, in the era of marketing strategies, they might even think about it.

Coming back to topic, this bus will be one of the targets of mob fury during protests and bundhs, so let's hope they good security in place.

Most Viewed