Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2013, 15:34   #106
BHPian

Re: KSRTC Launches Airavat Bliss & Superia: w/ WiFi, Seatback Monitor, Pantry and Toi

Traveled by the 1705 BNGCHN Airavat Bliss once again on 24th May and here is the summary

1. Bus did not arrive at the Double Road Bus stand till 17.10. Left at 17.25, full 20 minutes late.
2. Stopped at HP pump (McD) after Shoolagiri for refuelling - time spent 25 mins. Regulars like me walked up to McD to pick up our dinner.
3. Crossed Krishnagiri at 20.45 and stopped at a newly built Arya's (next to a new temple complex) after Pallikonda for dinner. Time spent 20mins.
4. Reached Chennai at 12.50 AM - full 1 hr behind normal arrival time!!
5. Passengers who had the onboard meal complained of quality
6. TV was not switched on till Hosur.
7. The promised WiFi has never been functional.
8. The windshield had a huge crack.

Overall - The service is deteriorating. It is better KSRTC replace this with the regular volvo and reintroduce a proper dinner stop.
Old 16th August 2013, 12:23   #107
BHPian

Re: KSRTC Launches Airavat Bliss & Superia: w/ WiFi, Seatback Monitor, Pantry and Toi

If I have to start early morning from Chennai to reach Bangalore and be in office at a respectable time before lunch (my office in E. City), Is there any bus service for these timings? I see the KSRTC bliss service starts at 6 a.m. from koyambedu. All other redbus listings are for a 6-7 a.m. start from Thiruvanmiyur. Which means 8 a.m. start at Koyambedu, and reaching bangalore post lunch and with some (un)expected delays it can be entire day in bus.

Any other bus service or only bliss at 6 is the earliest?

Is there any service from Tambarm to Bangalore or the other way.
Old 27th August 2013, 11:00   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizay View Post
If I have to start early morning from Chennai to reach Bangalore and be in office at a respectable time before lunch (my office in E. City), Is there any bus service for these timings? I see the KSRTC bliss service starts at 6 a.m. from koyambedu. All other redbus listings are for a 6-7 a.m. start from Thiruvanmiyur. Which means 8 a.m. start at Koyambedu, and reaching bangalore post lunch and with some (un)expected delays it can be entire day in bus.

Any other bus service or only bliss at 6 is the earliest?

Is there any service from Tambarm to Bangalore or the other way.
I suggest you go with the KSRTC services from Koyambedu because the private services would not reach Electronic city before 12 PM.

With regard to the second query there are no services from Tambaram to Bangalore. But in the other way you I think the services of KPN 10:00 M sleeper which would go to Adyar via Guindy or the 11:00 PM Volvo Multi service which would go to Adyar as well. Suggest you check with KPN office locally who would give the exact services which go to Adyar from Bangalore.
pypkmsrikanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 13:00   #109
BHPian

Bumping up this thread - It looks like KSRTC has started Superia Services between BOM and BLR (maybe due to the summer rush).
Can anyone tell me the latest on how the toilet concept is working out in these buses?
Old 9th May 2014, 18:23   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Bumping up this thread - It looks like KSRTC has started Superia Services between BOM and BLR (maybe due to the summer rush).
Can anyone tell me the latest on how the toilet concept is working out in these buses?
I have used the 5PM Bangalore-Chennai service sometime last July/August!

I had actually booked in the first row(I am 6' 2" tall) in a 3 PM special volvo service, but that bus was cancelled and we were allocated the last row in this bus.

The journey was pathetic to say the least. There was no legroom and the AC wasn't working well at the back of the bus! Also, the area around the toilets had started smelling by the end of the journey.

To cap it all, the driver was very very slow and never exceeded 60-70kmph and stopped for around 15 minutes for refueling in the HP outlet near Shoolagiri and for another 20 minutes for dinner somewhere after Vellore.
We finally managed to reached Chennai at around 12:45 AM!
with a journey time of almost 8 hours! After this I vowed never to take this service again!
SR71-Blackbird is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks