Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2023, 09:14   #286
Team-BHP Support

Re: B.E.S.T. buses - Painting Mumbai RED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyDriver View Post
An old video from 1998 with all the BEST buses during that era. Quite nostalgic.
The MRL, MMK, MH 01 H & L series buses will always have a special place in my heart. I used them a lot in my school, college, university and early working days. Used to be good fun travelling with friends.

I think the video has missed capturing the Ashok Leyland Tiger and rear-engine buses which were around in 1998.
Old 18th November 2023, 10:26   #287
BHPian

Re: B.E.S.T. buses - Painting Mumbai RED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The MRL, MMK, MH 01 H & L series buses will always have a special place in my heart. I used them a lot in my school, college, university and early working days. Used to be good fun travelling with friends.

I think the video has missed capturing the Ashok Leyland Tiger and rear-engine buses which were around in 1998.
Rear-engined buses were there in 1998? I didn't know that. I thought they were there much earlier in 1 or 2 double-deckers.

Yes, the video is very nice but has missed some models. Like the yellow vestibule buses, "light blue" liveried buses (with passenger seating on an elevated platform, for some reason), etc.

One of the "light blue" liveried buses used to have autotransmission, I've been in those, though that was several years earlier, probably late 80's. Heydeys of BEST truly! (circa 1985 - circa 2002, after which a steep decline)

Most Viewed