Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2012, 17:37   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: TATA Motors Buses (Standard Versions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandapanik View Post
Few more TML LPO1612s that are running in Coimbatore area.
One more from Vee Vee. This guy has 3 such buses running in Coimbatore city. It is running in R.No S7 Kovaipudhur-Ondipudhur via Ukkadam, Gandhipuram, Singanallur.
Attachment 977536
Very practical to use left side ORVM alone!
Old 2nd September 2012, 17:42   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2
Regarding the differential fuel flow meter, have you ensure the possibility of fitment, as the 1512's are with mechanical governor. What are the other gadgets about?
Maybe Surya T-Jet can clarify on the issue of the differential flow meter on the LPO1512

The 2nd one is a digital video recorder with real time video streaming through a 3G router. Helps keep an eye on the crew, passengers and the road through a 3rd camera. it also has an inbuilt GPS receiver for tracking and real time transmission of other data like Speed, Tachometer readings, Battery charge and so on . Reviews from other owners are positive.

The third is about Mano Audios supposedly a very good AV provider for mofussil buses based at Sangagiri. If any body has any suggesstions regarding AV please do put in information to me. Thanks in advance.
madhuperiasamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2012, 17:54   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Actually the right side ORVM is damaged/broken, it is not more than a show off piece (atleast for the operators) and the drivers use the standard small mirrors.
I am not referring to Volvo, Mercedes Benz, ISUZU, Hispano, etc.
Old 2nd September 2012, 22:26   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhuperiasamy View Post
Best wishes for a safe and sound ride. Do keep us updated.

Regarding the tubeless tires my choice has nothing to do with ride quality but everything to do with reducing pilferage. Tubeless tyres do not need flaps and tubes which require more maintainence and visits to the local tyre mechanic - outlets for financial leakage :-).
Regarding costs Ceat PRO 10 tubeless radials cost only as much as a tube type.
In fact all I need to do is exchange my set of 7 original radials on the chassis for a set of 7 tubless tyres and pay 12 k extra. Bingo. Less headache in one go. The rims cost extra 15 k after exchange though but they are worth it.
Well I am speaking from an operators point of view. In fact many operators in Coimbatore run on tubeless tyres.
Thank you for the wishes. Will keep on updating as i go on. Right now in Ahmednagar, the VRDE (ARAI proving grounds) place.

Will be starting the grand road trip from here tomoro morning.

As for the tires, if there are lot of users already and the cost impact is so less, then go right ahead. But once you fit it, please check your speedo and odo against a GPS on a clear road. I think you might have a slightly higher speedo and odo error which might point to over-optimistic kmpl readings. It can be corrected, not a big issue, but please do check it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power House View Post
Just to quench my doubts, can you say what's the difference between LPT & LPK series? Just

ignore my doubt if i am trying to intrude into company's confidential information.
The LPT are rigid trucks and the LPK are tippers. They are indeed derived from the german terms used by Merc during the Merc-Tata era. Ironically, not a lot of poeple in TML know the full expansion (including me, since none of my seniors are able to explain it and also the fact that there are no sources of info on the internet about the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
What is the ergo pack? Is that the newer, smaller steering wheel you are speaking on? what else is offered in this?
Yes, its the new small diameter steering wheel with the all black background and contracting white font for clusters and also has the car like wiper speed controls instead of the old ubiquitous switch with 1 constant high speed sweep in the older model regular trucks. Also, the switches are now back-lit for easier night driving operation and have a positive clicking feel to them instead of the hard to use tacky switches in the older models.

Quote:
This is not done during chassis transportation. This is normally done by the operators. Also this has nothing to do with running in. Infact these chassis meet their worst part of life during testing period itself.
I did not mention it entirely cause then a lot of owners would quite literally come down to the factory test track to overlook their vehicle being tested. (madhuperisamy and others - its there in every single truck company's QA routine. The vehicle is quite literally maxed out and the brakes are pummeled before it actually leaves the company. This is only to ensure that the customer is not short-charged in any manner due to faulty supply of an inferior product.

Quote:
LPT are rigid haul trucks and LPK are the tippers. I have no idea about the expansion. But I know its derived from Merc's nomenclature.
A small O.T. - AshLey2, do you currently work/ or used to work in Ashok Leyland, as your name suggests?

Quote:
Regarding the differential fuel flow meter, have you ensure the possibility of fitment, as the 1512's are with mechanical governor. What are the other gadgets about?
Quote:
Maybe Surya T-Jet can clarify on the issue of the differential flow meter on the LPO1512
For both your queries - Yes, you can fit a Differential Flow meter on a mechanically governed engine (all companies in India do FE trials on vehicles with mechanical engines using this same system, although using equipments with much higher precision and tolerance). The only technical problem is the fuel flow piping; which has to be "crinkle free". Otherwise, the fuel flow is restricted, leading to fuel starvation and the ECU thinking of the tanks to be empty, shuts down the fuel supply completely. Then the whole fuel line has to be opened up and "system bleeding" has to be done before the vehicle can be started again.

Now as a simple example, imagine your vehicle switching off with a full load of passengers on board. You can't send across a trained mech on every trip and even a quick fix trip from your base will take an hour (which won't be taken easily by your waiting passengers on-board).

So, my simple suggestion to you is this - Keep it simple and effective so that there are no niggles in the system. Instead, try to fix a Jugaad input to the GPS receiver from your fuel lid using a copper contact. If that lid is opened up anytime during the vehicle running in its route, you'll get to know of immediately and also save yourself some headache.

Quote:
The 2nd one is a digital video recorder with real time video streaming through a 3G router. Helps keep an eye on the crew, passengers and the road through a 3rd camera. it also has an inbuilt GPS receiver for tracking and real time transmission of other data like Speed, Tachometer readings, Battery charge and so on . Reviews from other owners are positive.

The third is about Mano Audios supposedly a very good AV provider for mofussil buses based at Sangagiri. If any body has any suggesstions regarding AV please do put in information to me. Thanks in advance.
You can use the GPS based trackign system and the cameras, but then please install them in such a manner that your drivers or careless passengers or vandals (local college going crowd) can't damage the equipments.

All the best for your hi-tech efforts in revolutionizing what is usually considered "murky waters" by many people.
Surya-TJet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2012, 15:47   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1kram View Post
Actually the right side ORVM is damaged/broken, it is not more than a show off piece (atleast for the operators) and the drivers use the standard small mirrors.
I am not referring to Volvo, Mercedes Benz, ISUZU, Hispano, etc.
Recent photo, lost the left side ORVM as well.
Photo Courtest : Ramesh Smr
Attached Thumbnails
TATA Motors Buses (Standard Versions)-photo1737.jpg  

Old 3rd September 2012, 16:22   #51
Senior - BHPian

TNSTC-CBE bus(BS 2) running in Pollachi-Valparai-Chalakudi route gives a FE of 5.5 kmpl. This, as told by the driver.

Quote:
Recent photo, lost the left side ORVM as well.
Photo Courtest : Ramesh Smr
The right side mirror will go in the first/second brisk overtake manoeuvre!
I have always wondered how Volvos still manage to retain the huge ORVMs.

But still, it is not bad an idea to fit it in the left side alone-to get a better view when picking tickets.

Last edited by ramzsys : 3rd September 2012 at 16:43.
Old 4th September 2012, 15:41   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surya-TJet View Post
As for the Prima.....The market acceptance is slow; its not selling as fast as Tata had hoped (especially the tractors, since when fully kitted out, they cost more than an entry level E Class Merc or BMW 5 series) but is nevertheless picking up pace gradually. No idea about sales figures sorry.
AFAIK, the annual sales of the World Truck platform (PRIMA series) is about 3000.
ajman28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 23:00   #53
BHPian

New lot LPO 1512C buses of ABT group in Coimbatore city.
Pictures Courtesy : Ramesh Smr
Attached Thumbnails
TATA Motors Buses (Standard Versions)-photo1775.jpg  

TATA Motors Buses (Standard Versions)-photo1791.jpg  

TATA Motors Buses (Standard Versions)-photo1808.jpg  

Old 7th September 2012, 09:01   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
AFAIK, the annual sales of the World Truck platform (PRIMA series) is about 3000.
Are you sure about this?
The premium segment where the Prima is positioned itself has a total sale of approx 2000 only. So with this Prima has just crossed the 2000 trucks mark totally since launched.
Old 7th September 2012, 09:15   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure about this?
The premium segment where the Prima is positioned itself has a total sale of approx 2000 only. So with this Prima has just crossed the 2000 trucks mark totally since launched.
Annual sales of 2000? The premium segment is definitely bigger than that.
Old 7th September 2012, 11:06   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Annual sales of 2000? The premium segment is definitely bigger than that.
I have read this in Tata's press release also once. Unable to locate it right now. But one for you from AMW.

Quote:
Bhuwalka said the new range would complement the company's existing range, making it a full range player. The entire range of truck will be produced at the company's Bhuj facility.

According to him currently the market for premier trucks in the country is around 2,000 trucks per annum
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/16281548.cms

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th September 2012 at 23:04. Reason: typo corrected on request, thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 12:42   #57
BHPian

Another LPO 1512C joins the city's private fleet. This chassis was taken almost same time along with the chassis mentioned in the opening post of this thread (both the deals were finalized together for a better discount). Body built by TVR coach, Karur.
Pictures Courtesy : Ramesh Smr
Attached Thumbnails
TATA Motors Buses (Standard Versions)-photo1881.jpg  

TATA Motors Buses (Standard Versions)-photo1880.jpg  

Old 7th September 2012, 12:48   #58
BHPian

Quote:
I have read this in Tata's press release also once. Inable to locate it right now. But one for you from AMW.
Okay. Got it. Perhaps it is the definition of premium truck that is vague.
Old 7th September 2012, 21:43   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another LPO 1512C joins the city's private fleet. This chassis was taken almost same time along with the chassis mentioned in the opening post of this thread (both the deals were finalized together for a better discount). Body built by TVR coach, Karur.
Just curious, if the deals were finalized at the same time, why the one in the opening post is taking more time, (post mentions, will be available by mid october). Is it the body builder? Is TVR coach faster with deliveries? Typically how much time will it takes to built the body once chasis delivered to them.
Those from Kerala, is it any faster with local body builders like Kondody Autocraft or Shillibear?

Last edited by teamveevee : 7th September 2012 at 21:45.
Old 7th September 2012, 22:00   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Just curious, if the deals were finalized at the same time, why the one in the opening post is taking more time, (post mentions, will be available by mid october). Is it the body builder? Is TVR coach faster with deliveries? Typically how much time will it takes to built the body once chasis delivered to them.
Yes, it's mainly due to the different schedules of body builders. The chassis mentioned in the initial post is being built (actually the work has just started) in AE Coach, Pollachi. The waiting time was bit more as they were tied up (prior bookings), so expected delivery date is mid October.
Whereas in TVR Coach, Karur, waiting time is less at present, hence the work is completed in less than a month's time.
Few months before, even TVR was tied up (building for SETC / TNSTC) and their waiting time was approximately 3 months and due to which when a chassis was given at Tiger Coach (Karur), they completed the work and delivered the bus in flat 20 days.

Last edited by v1kram : 7th September 2012 at 22:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks