Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2006, 17:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

scorpio lifestyle is the 2-4 door pick up cab available.....but theres 2 new versions of the scorpio.....check the m and m website....something called ceo or something....they look like awesome......
Old 24th April 2006, 17:30   #17
BANNED

Do you guys think the Scorpios in the pics actually managed to climb on all those rocks or they had them lifted there by cranes?

Last time I checked, the Scorpio was way too heavy and underpowered to do any serious offroading.

Btw, I think they look really ugly. EEK! is right.
Old 24th April 2006, 17:59   #18
BHPian

Double cabin looks absolutely crap..
The single cabin looks acceptable..

I would be keenly following the sales reports..
Old 24th April 2006, 18:13   #19
BHPian

Well i love scorpio too much... and with all due respect The Pick up truck sucks big time...
Old 24th April 2006, 18:29   #20
BHPian

You can read the review of a Scorpio 4 x 4 here.. ( non CRDe )

http://bsmotoring.com/2002/02nov01_1.htm

It certainly crossed some rivers and slush and nobody lifted it placed on the muck for a photo

Style is very subjective IMO , but I do find a very condescending attitude to Scorpio and Mahindra products here .. It is not my case that it is a perfect UV, it has its share of faults , like any other automobile .. but the tone of comments now and in earlier threads made me think so.. ( just as many will find the encomiums here for NHC / hyundai products equally off the mark )

No offence meant to anyone and I might be wrong .

Cheers
Old 24th April 2006, 19:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12
You can read the review of a Scorpio 4 x 4 here.. ( non CRDe )

http://bsmotoring.com/2002/02nov01_1.htm

It certainly crossed some rivers and slush and nobody lifted it placed on the muck for a photo

Style is very subjective IMO , but I do find a very condescending attitude to Scorpio and Mahindra products here .. It is not my case that it is a perfect UV, it has its share of faults , like any other automobile .. but the tone of comments now and in earlier threads made me think so.. ( just as many will find the encomiums here for NHC / hyundai products equally off the mark )

No offence meant to anyone and I might be wrong .

Cheers
Hey Hey w-12, we are referring to the pickup-version of the scorpio posted by yourself... The scorpio 4x4 is a different vehicle altogether.. No offense.. But all the experts cannot be biased on the same topic..

Last edited by man23ish : 24th April 2006 at 19:29.
Old 25th April 2006, 00:17   #22
BHPian

I don’t know about South Africa, I doubt it will sell in India because its only other competition is the Tata Mobile 307. If sold here it will probably be only in the rural market, and they already have the bolero puck-up so why another model.

Whatever they do they are trying really hard
Old 25th April 2006, 00:53   #23
BHPian

The two still looks god..4 door sucks, looks like someone has compressed it a lot
Old 25th April 2006, 10:25   #24
BHPian

man23ish,

Boomshiva said earlier "Last time I checked, the Scorpio was way too heavy and underpowered to do any serious offroading."

As the pick up is not launched here, I am sure he was referring to the product we see on road , unless he has access to prototypes at M & M.
Hence the link to the road test.

Experts are a strange breed - To give an example , Well all the experts and automobile magazines were talking about its excellent power output and acceleration of OHC , ignoring its iffy plastics and interiors for a long time. As soon as Honda stopped OHC and brought in NHC , with an anaemic engine , all experts forgot what they were talking about power and started talking about BHP/ Ton , driveability in city and FE !!

Esteem Vxi can still teach a few things to competitors if you consider only these 3 parameters.. but the experts never talk about it ...earlier or now...

to sum it up, according to some experts, some brands can never do anything wrong and someother brands can never do anything right.

Cheers
Old 25th April 2006, 10:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

Very true W12, but apart from one comment, most of the comments were directed against the (what are in my opinion very crappy) looks. This is a forum and there are a multitude of opinions varying in their extremes. There are fans of certain cars and there are haters of the same piece of machinery. Feels right when you are vindicated sometimes, feels sick when you run up against opposition. But hey, differing opinions make a stimulating experience. So take heart! And post what you think is right.
Old 25th April 2006, 12:04   #26
BANNED

Hey I'm no expert, I've just had less than satisfactory experiences with the Scorpio 4x4. Off the road, it feels way too heavy and makes too little power for its size. You're better off keeping it on the tarmac.

But then, I'm used to a Gypsy King!
Old 25th April 2006, 16:17   #27
BHPian

Yuck... IMO the Tata 207 looks better than the Scorpio pick-up!!!
Old 25th April 2006, 16:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_rider
absolutly rite bro. Esp the 4x4 looks macho and big. I dont know how large the scorpio 4x4 is, but the way the load bed is integrated with the cab, it looks more like the 'dhoodhwalla gaadi' than a pickup truck. Tata's have copied the Ford ranger looks and i guess that works, esp with the huge gap between the body and the wheels. Maybe mahindra can try that trick with the scorpio 4x4. But having read the specs, they have managed to load quite a bit of comforts into the cab

ravi
Old 25th April 2006, 17:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_rider
absolutly rite bro. Esp the 4x4 looks macho and big. I dont know how large the scorpio 4x4 is, but the way the load bed is integrated with the cab, it looks more like the 'dhoodhwalla gaadi' than a pickup truck. Tata's have copied the Ford ranger looks and i guess that works, esp with the huge gap between the body and the wheels. Maybe mahindra can try that trick with the scorpio 4x4. But having read the specs, they have managed to load quite a bit of comforts into the cab

ravi
Old 26th April 2006, 10:52   #30
BHPian

Scorpios 1880 kgs / 115 BHP / 26.3 Kgm of torque at 8.5 lacs does not look bad , when you consider the competition,

Endeavour - 2000 Kgs / 115 BHP at and Safari Dicor - 2000 Kgs / 115 BHP , both at substantially higher price points.

If Mahindra can shave 200 kgs more and up the power by 50 BHP , they have an absolute winner .

Hyundai Tuscon and Terracan are positioned even higher.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks