Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2012, 20:28   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Tata Alert : 4 hour Highway Assistance for its Commercial Vehicles

Tata Motors introduces ‘Tata Alert’, a highway assistance programme for medium & heavy commercial vehicles.
  • Available across all national highways in India.
  • Truck drivers will receive on-site breakdown assistance within 4 hours of dialling a toll-free helpline number (1800-209-7979).
  • The 24x7 service will ensure that a vehicle is put back on the road within 48 hours from the time that work begins.
  • In case of major repairs & the vehicle carrying perishable goods, ‘Tata Alert’ will provide load transfer assistance.
  • An E-workshop manual is being introduced which will enable technicians and channel partners to access the latest updated data.
  • Spare Part e_Catalogues will also be published in 3D format, leading to effective order placement of aggregates and components.

Tata Alert : 4 hour Highway Assistance for its Commercial Vehicles-tata-truck.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 26th October 2012 at 20:30.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 21:26   #2
BHPian

Re: Tata Alert : 4 hour Highway Assistance for its Commercial Vehicles

This is a really good initiative, may pull up the sales knowing this kind of service is now available from the manufacturer, I think this is a segment first and we should give TATA credit for the initiative.
musicmanaman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 21:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

This is a good move by Tata but should not the product itself be reliable that it would not break-down on the highway. Periodic Maintenance and care should make this truck reliable.

I feel this is an oppurtunity for competitors to say, we dont have a break-down assistance - Our products wont let you down.
Old 26th October 2012, 21:58   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
This is a good move by Tata but should not the product itself be reliable that it would not break-down on the highway. Periodic Maintenance and care should make this truck reliable.

I feel this is an oppurtunity for competitors to say, we dont have a break-down assistance - Our products wont let you down.
You definitely have a good point there from the marketing perspective.
But one does feel better knowing that they will be attended to within 4 hours if at all anything goes wrong, logistically though I wonder how TATA will manage a 4 hour on-site assistance.
Old 26th October 2012, 22:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
This is a really good initiative, may pull up the sales knowing this kind of service is now available from the manufacturer, I think this is a segment first and we should give TATA credit for the initiative.
Ashok Leyland was the first to launch such an initiative since 2010. Additionally AL offers a payback of some money if the promise of delivery within 48 hrs is not happening.

Quote:
Ashok Leyland also launched Leyland Direct a customer care helpline that assures of a response team reaching the customer within four hours incase of any vehicle breakdowns on the Golden Quadrilateral. They also give an added assurance of restoring the vehicle within 48 hours, and compensation incase of any delay
http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...vs_434327.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
... logistically though I wonder how TATA will manage a 4 hour on-site assistance.
This means you have a service center for every 200 kms in the highway.

Last edited by Ashley2 : 26th October 2012 at 22:25.
Ashley2 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks