Team-BHP - Tata Troop Carrier with Soft Top : SA 1212TC 4x4
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/)
-   -   Tata Troop Carrier with Soft Top : SA 1212TC 4x4 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/132459-tata-troop-carrier-soft-top-sa-1212tc-4x4.html)

Hi everyone,

I had a chance to spot this beauty of Thrissur BSF camp, TATA 1212c KL 08 AW 5308 BS3, when the troops came to give Gun salutes on the death of serving member from my panchayath "Vallikunnam".

Troop Carrier with Soft Top on SA 1212TC/ 42 CabChassis (4x4) with Cummins Engine with 7 Tyres Size 9.00x20-12 PR BSIII

Tata Troop Carrier with Soft Top : SA 1212TC 4x4-1.jpg

Front right wheel
Tata Troop Carrier with Soft Top : SA 1212TC 4x4-2.jpg

Front Left wheel
Tata Troop Carrier with Soft Top : SA 1212TC 4x4-3.jpg

Front view, extra fog lamps-crash guard , LOOK AT THE INTERCOOLER
Tata Troop Carrier with Soft Top : SA 1212TC 4x4-4.jpg

Rear axle
Tata Troop Carrier with Soft Top : SA 1212TC 4x4-5.jpg

Rear View
Tata Troop Carrier with Soft Top : SA 1212TC 4x4-6.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Added attachments to your opening post

Something is wrong here. I know it for sure that Military numbers are not this way. What platoon was it? White plates and fog lamps??

Quote:

Originally Posted by amtak (Post 3040402)
Something is wrong here. I know it for sure that Military numbers are not this way. What platoon was it? White plates and fog lamps??

Excellent observation amtak:thumbs up You are right,military vehicles start with an "UP" arrow with numbers 08/09/10, where 09/10 refers to the year of induction of the vehicle into the armed forces.

Pic for reference -
Tata Troop Carrier with Soft Top : SA 1212TC 4x4-img_2277.jpg

In the above example the number beside the arrow is 00, which means that the jeep was inducted into the army in year 2000.

EDIT - I believe that the alphabet B refers to the quater of the year that it was inducted.
A - 1st quater
B - 2nd quater
C - 3rd quater
D - 4th quater

Gurus, please correct if I'm wrong. Sorry for being off topic.
Regards,
Varun

Quote:

Originally Posted by amtak (Post 3040402)

If that's a BSF vehicle ( as it was seen in a BSF camp),the number is correct as only the Armed Forces have the unique military style numbers and not paramilitary forces.They have regular numbering system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by powertrain (Post 3040508)
Excellent observation amtak:thumbs up You are right,military vehicles start with an "UP" arrow with numbers 08/09/10, where 09/10 refers to the year of induction of the vehicle into the armed forces.

Pic for reference -
Attachment 1050664

In the above example the number beside the arrow is 00, which means that the jeep was inducted into the army in year 2000.

EDIT - I believe that the alphabet B refers to the quater of the year that it was inducted.
A - 1st quater
B - 2nd quater
C - 3rd quater
D - 4th quater

Regards,
Varun

TBHP thread on this - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post563978

Some more info on this from a TOI article.
Quote:

Unlike other license numbering systems, defence vehicles have a unique numbering system. The numbers are registered by the ministry of defence in New Delhi. The first (or the third) character is always an arrow pointing upwards. The next two digits (or the two preceding the arrow) signify the year in which the defence department procured the vehicle. The next is the base code, followed by the serial number. The letter ending after the serial number indicates the class of the vehicle. The arrow prevents the number from being read wrongly in case the number plate (and/or the vehicle bearing it) turns upside down.
http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...plates-defence

We procure vehicles from Army/Navy/AirForce ,CRPF & RAF.
Yes, Para military forces does not have BA (broad arrow) number.
This one is registered in Thrissur itself. I wonder why it is NOT exempted from road tax!
See the registration details.
Tata Troop Carrier with Soft Top : SA 1212TC 4x4-bsf.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by powertrain (Post 3040508)

Pic for reference -
Attachment 1050664

A - 1st quater
B - 2nd quater
C - 3rd quater
D - 4th quater

Regards,
Varun

Varun, 'A', 'B' etc stands for the class of the vehicle.

All jeeps/Jongas/Gypsy etc are B class vehicles while the A class vehicles are generally tracked vehicles. If anyone is interested in the entire classification let me know or lese wont bore you with the ABC details here. lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuildUpGypsy (Post 3040870)
We procure vehicles from Army/Navy/AirForce ,CRPF & RAF.
Yes, Para military forces does not have BA (broad arrow) number.
This one is registered in Thrissur itself. I wonder why it is NOT exempted from road tax!
See the registration details.
Attachment 1050836

There was another TL 4x4 Crew Cab Pickup as well , painted white with side graphics and KL 8 Regn.