Team-BHP - Ashok Leyland launches the Luxura Magical India Bus
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/)
-   -   Ashok Leyland launches the Luxura Magical India Bus (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/132931-ashok-leyland-launches-luxura-magical-india-bus.html)

Quote:

Ashok Leyland and Toofles Foundation have together rolled out Luxura Magical Bus which has been designed by DC Designs. The launch event of the luxurious bus took place yesterday at Park Hotel, New Delhi. Luxura Magical India Bus is reportedly a unique concept being introduced in India for the first time. ......
....Ashok Leyland is the 4th largest bus maker in the world, while Toofles Foundation is charity foundation. The motive behind this project is to help the two charity partners Goonj NGO and Cancer Institute, Chennai
Ashok Leyland launches the Luxura Magical India Bus-ashokleylandluxuramagicalbus3_640x480.jpg

Ashok Leyland launches the Luxura Magical India Bus-p190213_10.14-copy.jpg

Ashok Leyland launches the Luxura Magical India Bus-p190213_10.14_01-copy.jpg

Ashok Leyland launches the Luxura Magical India Bus-ashokleylandluxuramagicalbusinterior2_640x480.jpg

Ashok Leyland launches the Luxura Magical India Bus-luxuramagicalbus04.jpg

Ashok Leyland launches the Luxura Magical India Bus-img_0553.jpg

Ashok Leyland launches the Luxura Magical India Bus-luxuramagicalbus01.jpg

http://news.pricedekho.com/ashok-ley...ched~2226.html

^^^ The steering wheel will most likely hide the Instrument cluster from the driver's line of sight. I don't think it's the angle in the pic that's making me think so. DC is good at doing the interiors, but not with tweaking the actual stuff in a vehicle

Quote:

Originally Posted by silversteed (Post 3049016)
The steering wheel will most likely hide the Instrument cluster from the driver's line of sight.DC is good.... but not with tweaking the actual stuff in a vehicle

No not in the straight ahead position clearly. The steering is designed definitely to sync withe the instrument cluster which is AL OE here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeev k (Post 3049060)
No not in the straight ahead position clearly. The steering is designed definitely to sync withe the instrument cluster which is AL OE here.

Not sure whether you were agreeing to what i said or not. So, I'm just posting pics of the driver console in other AL FBVs:

The new JanBus

Ashok Leyland launches the Luxura Magical India Bus-janbus.jpg

A KSRTC 12M Super Express' console (an older type Instrument Cluster)

Ashok Leyland launches the Luxura Magical India Bus-ksrtc.jpg

Irizar-TVS iT09

Ashok Leyland launches the Luxura Magical India Bus-irizartvsit092.jpg

Notice the way the IC is aligned wrt the steering column. It's right in front of the column, but the steering wheel won't obstruct the view.

View for driver will not be obstructed by steering wheel by any chance. Its only the photographic angle that makes it to say so.

Infact this the original Luxura instrument panel and its not modified by DC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley2 (Post 3049125)
View for driver will not be obstructed by steering wheel by any chance. Its only the photographic angle that makes it to say so.

Infact this the original Luxura instrument panel and its not modified by DC.

I certainly hope it's the angle of the photo. Else this is not really a good thing with a top-of-the-line offering from AL.

Could you post a pic of the dash of a regular Luxura, please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by silversteed (Post 3049159)
Could you post a pic of the dash of a regular Luxura, please?

This will clear the air?
Ashok Leyland launches the Luxura Magical India Bus-img_2340.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by silversteed (Post 3049097)
Not sure whether you were agreeing to what i said or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley2 (Post 3049346)
This will clear the air?

I had travelled in an AL tourist coach of Princey Travels, Cochin with the same configuration last week and noticed that the the combo was driver friendly.

So finally we have Indian Manufacturers waking up to provide the drivers some bells and whistles. Would anyone know the specifications of the engine?

What are those odd looking structures on the 6th photo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 3050088)
Would anyone know the specifications of the engine?

5.7L (?) 6-cylinder H-Series Turbo-intercooled CRS engine
Power 230ps (225hp) and Torque 800 N-m

Quote:

Those appear to be the recliners used for the Spa

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeev k (Post 3049980)
I had travelled in an AL tourist coach of Princey Travels, Cochin with the same configuration last week and noticed that the the combo was driver friendly.

The console is driver-friendly, I was concerned only with the positioning with respect to the steering column. AshLey2's pic makes me believe that the console's view is not obstructed by the steering stalk.

The new IC has been standard in all AL buses and trucks now.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by silversteed (Post 3050104)
..Those appear to be the recliners used for the Spa.

This vidoe will show the demonstration.
(This link is for the entire show and so you may have to wait till Luxura appears)

http://ibnlive.in.com/shows/India+Positive/374672.html

This bus was parked at the Pragati Maidan parking in Delhi, I saw when I was there to attend some exhibition at the Maidan. Looked real nice in the flesh especially with the black paint.
Nice to see some home bred competition for the Volvos and the Mercs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by silversteed (Post 3049097)
Not sure whether you were agreeing to what i said or not. So, I'm just posting pics of the driver console in other AL FBVs:

The new JanBus

Any idea about the meter console which is placed above the bonnet? Is that for the slave AC ? I heard the JanBus AC is powered by 225HP CRS BS3 Diesel engine.