Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2013, 09:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: H.D. Kumaraswamy's Poll Campaign Vehicle - A customised Toyota Commuter

The handle bars are an eyesore in the otherwise lavish looking vehicle. Atleast the seatbelts could have been customised to suit the recliner seat cover.

Its surprising to not see a minibar somewhere nor any hitech gadgetry inside the van(except for a simple phone). It will be worth watching whether the ramp can actually hold HDK's weight.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 09:27   #17
BHPian

Amazing !!

Some unanswered questions

- How does a cordless phone work inside a moving vehicle

- Where is the place for bodyguards, cronies to sit etc ?

- Why the washbasin ??

- How did they manage to import this vehicle with a body kit and under what category
(im guessing it came from Thailand cause when i was there there are a huge number of them around)
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 10:30   #18
BHPian

I think they could have utilized the space better. The person using this has to still crouch across from the side / rear door to the seat where he is expected to sit. Instead they could have positioned the Seat closer to any of the doors.
DWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 10:37   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Amazing !!

Some unanswered questions

- How does a cordless phone work inside a moving vehicle

- Where is the place for bodyguards, cronies to sit etc ?

- Why the washbasin ??

- How did they manage to import this vehicle with a body kit and under what category
(im guessing it came from Thailand cause when i was there there are a huge number of them around)

Maybe the cordless phone is for the intercom between the driver cabin and the private cabin at the back.

Body guards will be standing i think.See those grab rails at the side. Although i dont think its practical since a medium sized person will not be able to stand in a completly upright position inside. Also HDK wont be able to get the complete privacy inside with people jostling inside when the vehicle is moving on non-existiant village roads!

By body kit if you mean interior then i think the interior was customised locally . Car imported and given to DC kinda people to customize!

Wash basin to freshen up although i cant see a tap in the pic ! I cant think of any other reason. Although the opening post says chemical toilet, i dont see it in the pic .Even if its present i dont think HDK will be able to use it if his cronies are inside . He will have to stop the vehicle, alight them and then ask them to come in again. That will be totally awkward. Not to mention the stench inside the cabin with AC on. That would make a hard time for his cronies too

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 13th March 2013 at 11:07.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 11:54   #20
BHPian

According to a program on TV Channel last night, this vehicle was developed by Firstgear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks