Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2013, 12:14   #1
BHPian

Avia production at Czech facility to cease on 31 July '13. Caught testing in Chennai

Avia production at Czech facility to cease on 31 July '13. Caught testing in Chennai-ashokleylandaviad70640x479.jpg

Quote:
Riot Engine spotted these Avia trucks being tested around the Ambattur Industrial Estate in Chennai. This isn’t the first instance of the Avia trucks being caught out in the wild, but this is the first we’ve seen the Avia without any camouflage.

The distinctly different front bumper on these localized Avia trucks deserves a mention, while the rest of the truck remains the same.

Avia also made an announcement on the 17th of June 2013 that production at the Letnany plant in Prague will cease as of 31 July, 2013. Avia and Ashok Leyland will continue to provide aftermarket support for warranty and spare parts to all its customers. The announcement also includes the statement that future products would be made available from other manufacturing sites of Ashok Leyland as and when the economic situation improves.
I vaguely remember another user in a different thread having more details on the bumper, appreciate if resident experts could shed some light. Why bother changing the bumper at all? Is this new bumper shared with any other model from the AL stable?

Is the truck behind braking real hard? I can see the cab tilted to the front slightly, or is it some kind of perspective distortion in the image?

If I'm not wrong the Avia will be manufactured at the Ashok Leyland's Pantnagar plant, are there any other sites in the world that will cater to the European markets?

Source: Riot Engine
theslayer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks