Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2014, 21:00   #31
BHPian

Re: The Eicher Pro series: New range of Buses & Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post

What's the right way of pronouncing Eicher ?
It's popular here in Gujarat as "eye shar"
Old 25th August 2014, 23:48   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
That should tell new stories to Bharat Benz as well, where till now it was criticising Indian manufacturers on various context and took Eicher for granted in M&HCV.
That's an offensive marketing style of Daimler for Bharat Benz. They do know they can't beat Indian Trucks based on cost, so they resorted to TCO (total cost of ownership). I was amazed with their claim of no engine oil change for 50,000km. Their engines are inherited from tried and tested MB heavy duty engine architectures, albeit no sophistications to keep costs in control. It's high time, I wish, our manufacturers spend more in R&D to improve engines and overall trucking to next level rather than just sourcing aggreagtes and just integrating into the vehicle.

Eicher must be doing something from Volvo's engineering strength in trucks. I can't dismiss the Volvo's influence in Eicher's cab shape in Pro Series. If see from 3/4 view from side, the cab looks 90% familiar with Volvo cab.
Old 26th August 2014, 18:33   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
I notice 3 windshield wipers! WoW! Is that a first in Indian Automotive Industry? And how does the middle one make a difference?
The DCM toyota Dyna trucks also had three wipers on the windshield.

When the LHS wiper sweeps to the top, the water wiped off trickles down, but the returning sweep of the RHS wiper removes it. In wider windshields, the return sweep of the RHS wiper cuts far below the top of the LHS wipers sweep.
This causes a trickle down on the windshield. to avoid this three wipers are used when the windshield has a wide aspect.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 21:07   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam81 View Post
That's an offensive marketing style of Daimler for Bharat Benz. They do know they can't beat Indian Trucks based on cost, so they resorted to TCO (total cost of ownership). I was amazed with their claim of no engine oil change for 50,000km. Their engines are inherited from tried and tested MB heavy duty engine architectures, albeit no sophistications to keep costs in control. It's high time, I wish, our manufacturers spend more in R&D to improve engines and overall trucking to next level rather than just sourcing aggreagtes and just integrating into the vehicle.
Ashok Leyland had announced 80,000km oil change periods with the launch of their U -Trucks in 2010. By far the highest among Indian Truckers.
Autokrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 23:09   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autokrat View Post
Ashok Leyland had announced 80,000km oil change periods with the launch of their U -Trucks in 2010. By far the highest among Indian Truckers.
That must the highest. If that's the case, please excuse my ignorance. I tried to locate a brochure of U Truck to read about 80K km oil change interval but not successful in AL site. If you don't mind, could you provide a link to the announcement or a specification brochure?

I have a friend at Daimler and they are marketing that as a first in industry here about their 50K km oil change interval claim. Would be really interested to know about AL's claim.
Old 31st August 2014, 14:15   #36
Senior - BHPian

Not only U- Truck, the entire fleet of BS4 Viking in MTC(since oct 2010), BS3 12M in SETC have 80k oil change. When BS4 was launched in MTC, at that time it was only 9k for city cycle for BS3 buses. With all this, now STU' s have put in minimum requirements as maintenance cost as tender criteria. Due to this TML have just reached the level of 40k.
Ashokleyland is having this feature for past 4 years and only Daimler needs to prove its claim as highest.

Last edited by Ashley2 : 31st August 2014 at 14:19.

Most Viewed