Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2014, 12:41   #16
D4D
BHPian

re: Isuzu launches D-Max @ Rs. 5.99 lakhs

Ah, just what I've been waiting for. A pick-up truck from a reliable brand(Though nascent in India) which is known for great diesels.

Hopefully it grows as a lifestyle vehicle also.

Getaway and Xenon were not to everyone's taste, especially because of the mother platforms(scorpio and sumo) are too rugged and had bad interiors.

This one looks better than all other pickups available in India today. If this succeeds, I think we're going to see Toyota Hilux follow soon. Hilux is backed by the toyota brand, has good interiors, shares the same platform and engines with Innova and fortuner. BTW, when I sat in a Hilux in Thailand, it just seemed like I sat inside my Innova.
Old 14th May 2014, 12:55   #17
BHPian

I would be more interested in a dual cab with all the all the features. From the pictures, I find the space cab pretty neat and value for money. I was very sceptical about the ride quality of the pick-up trucks until I drove the RAM 2500, 1500 and the Ford F150 here in the US. They are really a delight to drive and I found the dynamics and handling was very much comparable to a sedan. I now hope we get more options of luxury pick-up trucks in India.
Madhu_Bengaluru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 15:28   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
Isuzu has launched the D-Max range of pick-up trucks in India at a price starting from Rs. 5.99 lakh (Ex-showroom Mumbai).

Seats are of medium compound:
Attachment 1240389
You forgot height adjustable seat belts (even our 7.5 lac Liva doesn't have these.. ).

Just throw in an ABS and another row of seats and this will be in our garage for sure. Mouth watering price & package it is.
vinjosep is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 16:43   #19
BHPian

Re: Isuzu launches D-Max @ Rs. 5.99 lakhs

This is a beauty alright ! The front face looks awesome IMO. Its a pity this vehicle is missing the back seat. Even a cramped rear bench would have improved it saleability greatly especially for those families that will need to use this as a means of personal transport as well. However a great move from Isuzu. Hopefully this will get things moving in the pickup truck segment
charanreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 17:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hopefully they get to launch their Double Cabin as well with some good choices. Currently the Luxury Pickup Segment is dominated by Getaway and Xenon and feel that they need some serious competition.
134 BHP Engine does look pretty good for the cost it is associated with.
Old 14th May 2014, 17:38   #21
BHPian

Here's the spoil sport, this will be registered as a LCV and unless you have a LCV license, you cannot drive one of these!!
Old 14th May 2014, 17:43   #22
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

compared to the bolero-pickup and the tata xenon :
- at par power/torque with the xenon, much higher than the bolero
- legendary reliability of isuzu diesels
- looks like better build quality than tata/mahindra
- killer pricing

With typical 'overloading' by the users, remains to be seen whether the chassis can take abuse like the xenon ; however, looks like the engine will pull alright. The only deterrent would be few # of service centers and unknown service standards.
Overall, full marks to isuzu for delivering a potential runaway winner.
venkyhere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 21:13   #23
BHPian

Wow. The silver color space version is a looker. Would love buying one for personal use and offroading. Surely gonna have a test ride and consider.

Tata Xenon is going to suffer the most.
Old 14th May 2014, 21:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Sweet thingie, this!! Is there a MUV ver, based on this coming out? If not, why not?
Old 15th May 2014, 07:18   #25
BHPian

Well well.. This is one good looking truck. Get one of those for 6.5 L, find someone who is reliable and efficient in high end body works, revamp the body for an SUV’ish look. Might cost you another few lakhs. But for around 10 Lakhs you get a customized Bull dozer.

Last but not the least, this is INDIA, people will sort out the LCV license part if they really want to use this for personal purpose, its just about time.
Anand3553 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 07:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

The problem with this vehicle is that it is too low. I do not mean the ground clearance, its the overall stance, its like an Indigo Marina converted to a pick-up, the stance I meant. Members considering this might want to place this next to a Genior, Bolero or Xenon for better perspective on height
Old 15th May 2014, 09:58   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand3553 View Post
Well well.. This is one good looking truck. Get one of those for 6.5 L, find someone who is reliable and efficient in high end body works, revamp the body for an SUV’ish look. Might cost you another few lakhs. But for around 10 Lakhs you get a customized Bull dozer.

Last but not the least, this is INDIA, people will sort out the LCV license part if they really want to use this for personal purpose, its just about time.
Very True. I am of the same opinion. Even if you get the base model for about 7 lakhs and spend additional 1-2 lakhs on modifications, one can make an awesome suv out of this and that too customised to your own tastes. How cool is that!
JASMEET MATTOO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 10:13   #28
Team-BHP Support

Just noticed on IAB's event coverage that the MD and DMD were dressed up in traditional clothing for the event. Nice touch!

Isuzu launches D-Max @ Rs. 5.99 lakhs-isuzudmaxspacecablaunchliveimage.jpg

Looks like our correspondent parrys was too engrossed with the trucks, he forgot to snap them?
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 10:16   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Will this kick-start the sports-truck segment in India?
That is the fear I too have, but the engine specs are awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
I've seen a couple of people in my town use Tata Xenons for personal use. Maybe the league will grow?
This is the only serious competition I see for the Xenon, with the powerful Isuzu CRDi engine. I'd pick an Isuzu diesel with my eyes closed, over almost any other pickups in the market. The refined, silent engine itself is a pleasure to use the whole day.
Joe M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 10:54   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
That is the fear I too have, but the engine specs are awesome!

This is the only serious competition I see for the Xenon, with the powerful Isuzu CRDi engine. I'd pick an Isuzu diesel with my eyes closed, over almost any other pickups in the market. The refined, silent engine itself is a pleasure to use the whole day.
This one is no competition for the Xenon. Zilch Nada.
Why? Because you can register a Xenon as white plate private vehicle, but not this baby
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks