Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2014, 10:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: Isuzu D-Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Regardless, waiting till 2016 is too long. Maybe Tata may launch the next gen Xenon on X2 platform as lifestyle vehicle then. Wishes.
I would any day prefer Isuzu as they are proven workhorses. Isuzu engines are bullet proof.The Thai's swear by its reliability.Waiting for Isuzu to launch trucks for private domain.
rakesh_r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 11:15   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Congrats on your purchase! Isuzu's are known workhorses, and will definitely keep you happy.

Good decision to get the bumper on, it makes a world of difference to the looks! Wonder why Isuzu omitted that in the first place!
Thanks, benbsb29,

I suppose CMVR does not require an LCV to have rear bumpers. Based on what I was quoted for it, I suppose it would have made quite a difference to its ex-showroom price.
Lakshman1645 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 12:12   #33
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Lakshman,

We are also planning to buy one for office / weekend use , can you share cost of these accessories & were these in stocks or they back ordered for you .

Quote:
1. Original rear bumper with fog light and number plate lights
2. Upgraded tyres to 245/70/16 with new wheels
3. Front fog lights from Isuzu MU-7
Old 28th July 2014, 13:13   #34
Team-BHP Support

Would have been a yummy vehicle to consider if it came with 4x4 option and a rear bench seat config. But yes ABS etc should be made must for this class of vehicle, esp if the vehicle is capable of delivering such good performance. Next challenge would be to ensure the quality stays when they move to Indian vendors/manufacturing.

Excellent review and capture!
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 13:35   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshman1645 View Post
Hi Guys,

Just took delivery of my D Max a few days ago. Things I added on:
4. Kenwood Bluetooth Single DIN music system.

I feel this equipment should have been part of the OE package even if it costs a bit more. I really miss the bed liner and a soft bed cover
Congrats Lakshman!! That's one sweet looking vehicle I must admit!! Hey, by the way, any hassles when buying the vehicle with a yellow board? Can one sail through from state to state without any checkpost issues?? Just too tempted with this man!!
Old 28th July 2014, 14:13   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Congrats Lakshman!! That's one sweet looking vehicle I must admit!! Hey, by the way, any hassles when buying the vehicle with a yellow board? Can one sail through from state to state without any checkpost issues?? Just too tempted with this man!!
Thanks vinair,

I haven't gone on a trip across states yet but I will list down what the salesman warned me about:

1. I have to stop at every state border and pay a temporary road tax. For this, I must be carrying my drivers license, RC and emmision certificate (all in original form )
2. Emmision test needs to be done every 6 months
3. Fitness test every 2 years
4. Insurance costs double compared to a similar value vehicle with a white board
5. I need to get an endorsement in my license which permits me to drive a goods vehicle.

I still went ahead with the purchase in full knowledge of all these depressing points. It's the enthusiast who pays the price.
Lakshman1645 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 14:29   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just took delivery of my D Max a few days ago. Things I added on:
4. Kenwood Bluetooth Single DIN music system.
Man, your truck looks h-o-t! That's what I call sheer character. Great taste.

Quote:
I have PM'd the details to you
Request to please share details on the thread itself. A PM helps one person, a public post helps thousands
Old 28th July 2014, 14:42   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Just took delivery of my D Max a few days ago.
Looks fantastic!

Just curious about a couple of things:

1. Are you really going to use it for any CV like activities?
2. Did you already have a CV driving license before you bought this, or did you get it done specially for the D Max?

Congratulations and wish you a million miles of safe & happy driving!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 28th July 2014, 14:51   #39
Senior - BHPian

Tanveer

Fantastic review and a surprisingly good product from ISUZU.

Many of us have experienced the beautiful Isuzu sourced engines in the erstwhile Amby but with them coming full stream is a healthy sign.

Some of the features in the so called "bare bones" model will put many hatches/sedans to shame!!

1) I think many 10 lac sedans will also not have the seat belt adjustment feature

2) Coat hooks(happy) but are they serious?
3) Great NVH control from your review for this work horse

The car like interiors are top notch and are much better than the drab Bolero/Xenon interiors.

Somehow, loved the simple dash layout Toyota could have adopted this simple set up in Liva!! Alas, the sales would have been a lot better

Great review once again and ISUZU sure have a product that can turn tables.
Old 28th July 2014, 14:53   #40
BHPian

Thanks tsk for the great review. One look at the first pic, I immediately thought this is too good to be a commercial vehicle. Wish Isuzu launched this in the passenger segment too.
Old 28th July 2014, 15:13   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Man, your truck looks h-o-t! That's what I call sheer character. Great taste.

Request to please share details on the thread itself. A PM helps one person, a public post helps thousands
Thanks GTO,

Sorry I was under the impression that sharing cost details was discouraged on the public forum.

On road cost: 7,90,000 INR
Rear bumper: 25,000 INR
Front fog lights: 10000 INR
Goodyear Wrangler AT Tyres: 9700 each
139.7 PCD, 16 inch wheels: 7250 each

The wheels and tyres were bought and fitted by a reputed vendor in Chennai. However, there are not many options available for this particular PCD and size. He bought my original wheels and tyres for 20,000 INR.

I found the ISUZU dealer to be very accomodating and complied with every request of mine. Since they are losing customers everyday thanks to the yellow plate issue, they went out of their way to make sure I didn't walk away as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
1. Are you really going to use it for any CV like activities?
2. Did you already have a CV driving license before you bought this, or did you get it done specially for the D Max?
Thanks for the wishes Vikram,

I have absolutely no use for this machine. It is purely a weekend vehicle. I didn't have a CV license earlier so I've just applied for one through a driving school.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 29th July 2014 at 07:10. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Plz use the Multi-Quote button to reply to more than one post at a time. Thanks.
Lakshman1645 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 15:46   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I found the ISUZU dealer to be very accomodating and complied with every request of mine. Since they are losing customers everyday thanks to the yellow plate issue, they went out of their way to make sure I didn't walk away as well.
Actually, this thing was told to me by their India heads also. They know, they are riding a thin line with the limited release. What they do in the next two years will directly impact sales and reputation of all products which they choose to manufacture in India.

So the dealers have been told clearly to try and accommodate every request. Isuzu wants to have a rock solid repo, and since they are not a "deep pockets" company, they are very very cautious.

I have done reviews in the past. However I was pleasantly surprised how they did not cover up things under marketing spiel and gave engineering answers to my questions. I directly interacted with people who were actual engineers, and not a marketing front.

If they sort out the CMVR stuff and get a plant ready on time, Isuzu can become a force to reckon with even in the SUV space, not just the commercial segment.
tsk1979 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 16:05   #43
BHPian

Great review, and what a UV. It doesn't look or drive like one. In-another country, this would be the staple "car" for many a family, of-course with the added rear-seat and other safety features.
I hope this garners great reception, and makes way for more such to come.
Old 28th July 2014, 16:35   #44
Senior - BHPian

That was a wonderful review. D-max looks smashing. Hope it enlarges the pick-up segment that Isuzu considers bringing in the white board 4X4 faster!! From your review it seems that they have taken care of the smaller things too - something that the Tatas and Mahindras miss out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post

Not the D-Max. Any gear, any rpm, it is just eager to pull. 800 rpm in 3rd gear sees 20 kph and from there, the same gear pulls all the way to a 100...

...This pickup pulls to 120 kph+ at 2500 rpm, smack in the middle of the peak torque zone. The needle just climbs and climbs.
Simply loved this portion of your review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post

I have done reviews in the past. However I was pleasantly surprised how they did not cover up things under marketing spiel and gave engineering answers to my questions. I directly interacted with people who were actual engineers, and not a marketing front.
That shows their confidence in the vehicle!!

Quote:

I have absolutely no use for this machine
Vow! That was a great statement!
And Congrats!

Last edited by mallumowgli : 28th July 2014 at 16:39.
Old 28th July 2014, 19:36   #45
Senior - BHPian

Great review, Tanveer - just keeps getting better!

Isuzu - pls prepone the SUV version of this and ensure its in Scorpio territory!
The paint quality really looks top notch - are they really making money on this?
Whats the excise duty on these UVs?
Not sure I understood the strategy of launching a truck first-up? La Qualis??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks