Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2014, 10:15   #1
Team-BHP Support

Volvo launches new truck range in India

Swedish commercial vehicle manufacturer Volvo has launched a new range of trucks in India. The portfolio includes the company's flagship Volvo FH and the Volvo FM and FMX. The company claims that the new range is improved in areas such as productivity, fuel efficiency, safety and maximizing uptime.

Volvo launches new truck range in India-launch-photo-1.jpg

Volvo launches new truck range in India-launch-photo-2.jpg

With the new trucks, Volvo has also brought features such as the I-Shift automated gearbox technology and the Dynafleet telematics system. Volvo claims that the I-shift gearbox is optimized for tough and rugged mining operating conditions. Dynafleet allows following up on fuel consumption over time. Using Volvo Trucks Driver Training services, drivers can improve their fuel saving skills. The system also enables customers to see in real time the location of their vehicles and vehicles' performance data that are necessary to have control on their fleet.

The new Volvo FH 520, boasts of an increased technical load carrying capacity (GCW) by 33% to 200 tonnes. It is built with the driver in focus and is claimed to make operations more efficient, more productive, safer and more comfortable for over dimensional cargo transport.

Volvo launches new truck range in India-fh.png

The Volvo FMX 440 8X4 is has an increased body capacity of 19.5 cu.m. This allows it to carry additional payload. Volvo's I-Shift gearbox for mining is and optional feature on this truck. The company claims that the transmission makes it easier to drive the vehicles under the toughest conditions, resulting in increased productivity.

Volvo launches new truck range in India-fm-3.png

The Volvo FM 6X4 tractor has an increased power output of 440 hp, a gain of 40 hp, which results in increased pulling power. It now comes with a 125 tonnes (technical GCW) puller. It can be tailored for each specific need of the customer’s business. It also has a Euro 4 6X4 rigid variant with 420 hp and I-shift for special applications.

Volvo launches new truck range in India-fmx.png

Volvo claims to have invested more than US$3 billion and 14 million engineering hours in this project. It also claims to have tested the vehicles for 21 million km.
Aditya is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 10:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volvo launches new truck range in India

Are these CBUs imported from abroad or assembled in India? What is the percentage of local content? What about pricing?
Old 28th October 2014, 10:47   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe these are assembled in India and the Eicher plant is being used for assembly.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 10:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
Are these CBUs imported from abroad or assembled in India? What is the percentage of local content? What about pricing?
From what I know, yes, CBU's assembled at Hoskote Volvo truck factory.
The buses have their chassis and engines imported and body built in Hoskote, not sure if it has changed now.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 16:21   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I believe these are assembled in India and the Eicher plant is being used for assembly.

Volvo Trucks assembles its trucks at its Hosakote plant. While the company imports the engine and gearbox, it sources the cab body locally.

http://www.autocarpro.in/news-nation...ng-sector-6677
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks