Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2014, 13:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Commercial Vehicles: Onsite service & assured turnaround time

Hi Guys,

Have recently come to know of two initiatives which Tata Motors has been driving in some northern states. I understand that these are pilot initiatives and may be scaled up based on response from the customers.

First is Onsite Service - As most of you who understand commercial vehicle industry will know that, time is of essence for a Truck operator, especially in businesses which require queuing for load in areas with Transport Unions. Time consumption is the major reason why operators neglect minor tasks like oil top-ups, filter changes etc, thus impacting vehicle mileage (and increasing pollution) and optimum operation of safety components like brakes.

Tata is trying to assist its customers by eliminating the need to come to the workshops for minor jobs like these by providing door-step service to commercial vehicle customers, at no Extra COST!!!!

Second is Assured service Turn Around Time - Extending the theme from earlier offering, Tata is also providing predefined time commitment to customers for servicing. This is targeted for helping customers to remain on time and also take the benefit of service at authorized workshops. I have also heard that Tata workshops are providing customer benefits like labour discount if they are not able to adhere to committed TAT. This is very Bold move in my opinion!!!

Has anyone who operates in the commercial vehicle industry experienced these two offerings??
2000rpm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 13:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Onsite Service and Assured Service Turn Around Time (TAT) by TATA Commercial Vehi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Have recently come to know of two initiatives which Tata Motors has been driving in some northern states. I understand that these are pilot initiatives and may be scaled up based on response from the customers.
I don't know about anyone who's availed these "pilot" initiatives, but I can probably hook you up with people who've availed of an up and running scheme offered by Ashok Leyland, called TatkAL - the company claims that it will reach the vehicle within 4 hours of receipt of the service call, and restore the vehicle back on roads within 48 hours. And I hear they also offer a compensation at a particular amount per day, if these promises are not met.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 14:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Onsite Service and Assured Service Turn Around Time (TAT) by TATA Commercial Vehi

I quickly read about Tatkal, this is for Vehicle breakdown situations. Tata has a similar program which was posted by GTO on this forum itself (Link Below)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...-vehicles.html

The two offerings I have mentioned above is for normal day to day services. Something similar to Toyota's Exclusive Express Service.

The interesting fact is, Toyota is able to provide the same only in Metro's, while Tata has gone one step ahead and launched the schemes across smaller towns like Samrala and Hoshiarpur!!! And mind you, this is commercial vehicle business not Passenger like Toyota.
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 16:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ashokleyland does offer similar service concepts catering specific to Buses, Ecomets and other range of products where they have good Market share in the hub level. Promises included are onsite service, same day delivery, night shift service so that you leave your truck in night and take it in morning etc. Since these are at hub level they will not be seen in websites instead information will be at specific locations.
These are again piloted in select locations in HP, Punjab and some of select northern states. These are the reasons where its able to retail in MS, if not increasing in those locations.

And wrt Tatkal scheme, its availed by dialing to helpline number. From the time you make a call, clock ticks and for sure you will receive assistance from nearest outlets in 4 hrs. Also it will be followed up by call centres and if you again tell you have not received response, the call will be escalated and it can directly go till All India Service head. And after which customer is likely to get royal treatment

Last edited by Ashley2 : 7th November 2014 at 16:17.
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 11:15   #5
BANNED

Sorry to pull this thread out of its sleep.

I am interested in starting a common service centre for Commercial Vehicles.

Any pointers?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks