Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2018, 11:55   #76
BANNED

Re: Vistara: Tata's new commercial airline

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Ratan Tata is not the hotshot everyone thinks he is.

1. Tata Corus bought at wrong time of the cycle
2. Nano failure
3. AIR ASIA INDIA (Tata + Lakshmi Mittal family member + Air Asia ) venture is a failure running in losses.

There is no way in hell Air India can be turned around. The issue is that it's not impossible, it's just that it can't be much better than what incumbents like Emirates and Qatar are doing who are current kings.

oh and Air Costa is bankrupt
Let us olook a bit deeper:

1. Corus was on sale, which was not a Tata choice. So it was now or never.
2. Nano failure: I think the loss of the plant and (even more) time and money cost Tata dear. Blame Mamta for it. After all permissions she cancelled it. I hear she wanted some moolah which was refused.
3. Air Asia: It was a mistake, but could be that Tata was trying desperately to enter the aviation space. Also, I do not know what was the role of Mittals in it Also, Mittals went nearly bust so have no loose cash.

Air India will also fall into the emotional space. I hope Tata does not fall into this trap. Babudom will continue to meddle, and then there is no cure.
Old 14th November 2018, 12:14   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Remember, not so long ago Jet were Numero Uno. Now I hope with the Tata takeover (if it happens) they may again try for the same status.

Life comes a full circle. In 90s, it was Jet who had prevented Tata from launching their airline. Today they are looking towards them as hope for survival. Lets see how it goes.

https://www.businesstoday.in/sectors...ory/24209.html
autorahul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 08:24   #78
Team-BHP Support

Vistara to start international operations next month! Though they're generally on the pricier side, the experience should be really good, considering their legacy, Tata and SIA. Hopefully fills the void created by Jet's situation.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/70169029.cms
Old 14th August 2020, 21:56   #79
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Vistara collecting its 2nd Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

Vistara: Tata's new commercial airline-vttse.jpg
PPS is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 19:52   #80
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Vistara will soon fly to London Heathrow from later this month.

https://networkthoughts.com/2020/08/...ndon-heathrow/
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 21:35   #81
BHPian

Youtuber Josh Cahill exposes Vistara Corruption and Lack of Ethics

I came across this video by aviation youtuber Josh Cahill which exposes the widespread corruption with the airlines. Crew members have been sending him hate messages on Instagram for his negative reviews of the airlines! And when he complained to the airline, they went from denying that they were actual crew members to "freedom of speech"!

Personally I have flown Vistara only once and the experience was so terrible that I have never chosen them ever since. It appears the their issues are far larger than just poor service!

Crew members have complained about corruption by the airline, wherein the airline accepts bribes and sexual favours for favorable international routes for crew members. The first 12 minutes of the video are quite shocking and I did not expect an airline under Tata and Singapore Airlines to be manages worse than a Government office!

What would the aviation scene of the country look like if it wasn't for Indigo?

Do watch the video for some pretty awful truth about the airline!

esoticoreventon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 22:00   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Youtuber Josh Cahill exposes Vistara Corruption and Lack of Ethics

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
I came across this video by aviation Youtuber Josh Cahill which exposes the widespread corruption with the airlines.
I cannot comment on the authenticity of these accusations or the motivation of this Youtuber. I was in my business life a large & critical first line vendor to Vistara for a few years from the day it started operations and I never faced any hint of corruption in the company ever. It has become a habit on social media to say anything, allege anything with out concrete proof or documents. This Youtuber seems similar to me.
Quote:
Personally I have flown Vistara only once and the experience was so terrible that I have never chosen them ever since. It appears the their issues are far larger than just poor service!
Your personal experience. Others might have had different experiences. I actually find Indigo & Vistara to be equally very good. Vistara in economy is way way ahead of so many international carriers such as United, American, Delta, Air France etc
Quote:
Crew members have complained about corruption by the airline, wherein the airline accepts bribes and sexual favours for favorable international routes for crew members.
An international route isn't worth a sexual bribe. You may be stereotyping cabin and flight crews with some long gone notions and poor jokes. Travelling abroad was chic in 1957 not in 2021. In one of my businesses we had about ~150 cabin+flight crew. They would laugh or roll their eyes if I repeated your comment. Let's exercise discretion before making slutty accusations in writing & in public without a shred of evidence.

This Youtuber looks like a troublemaker short on ethics to me trying to get his pound of flesh from a large company. Sadly he has fans on Team BHP it seems.

Last edited by V.Narayan : 3rd March 2022 at 22:17.
V.Narayan is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 22:11   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Can’t comment on the running of the airlines but I have had the best of times in flying with Vistara. After the exit of Jet from the full service sector, it’s the Vistara which provided some too notch service in the area concerned and are continuing the same. Although it seems a churning has been happening after the takeover of Air India. Overall, Vistara has been a fantastic experience from ever since it started operations in India.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 18:45   #84
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, why is Vistara using smaller airplanes? Just did a Mumbai-Delhi return and on both, the seats were cramped! Indigo offers decidedly better legroom. Full service doesn't matter to me as I don't want to take my mask off in the flight to eat their meals. But the legroom and space seriously sucked.

Am back to Indigo for my future travels.

Vistara: Tata's new commercial airline-20220726-18.53.51.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 2nd August 2022 at 07:35.
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 19:29   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, why is Vistara using smaller airplanes? Just did a Mumbai-Delhi return and on both, the seats were cramped! Indigo offers decidedly better legroom. Full service doesn't matter to me as I don't want to take my mask off in the flight to eat their meals. But the legroom and space seriously sucked.

Am back to Indigo for my future travels.
Don’t know what plane you flew on, or if they have changed something. I always find Vistara to have a bit more room and better cushioned seats than Indigo and especially SpiceJet. USB charging port is also available. I fly Delhi-Mumbai every month, and Vistara is my first preference.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 30th July 2022 at 19:36.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 19:32   #86
BHPian

I have flown Vistara Bengluru to Mumbai several times and found it be to better than Indigo in terms of leg room and overall seating comfort
mgoel is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 19:59   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Did you fly on their Airbus A320? I had the same experience when we flew from Hyderabad to Delhi this summer which left me quite disappointed since I haven't had issues with legroom at 5'9" in any other airline's non-turboprops. Perplexingly, the legroom was far better on the return flight even though that plane was also an A320! Must be something to do with old vs new planes. I haven't been on their 737s or A321s yet, so I can't comment on those.

It was so bad on the way to Delhi that I took a picture. The two hour flight was not fun at all.
Vistara: Tata's new commercial airline-vistara-legroom-hyddel.png

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 30th July 2022 at 20:04.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 20:18   #88
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This is the plane. Legroom was pathetic both ways. Just as per the pic from GForceEnjoyer.

Vistara: Tata's new commercial airline-20220726_162340.jpg
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 20:25   #89
BHPian

Quote:
This is the plane. Legroom was pathetic both ways. Just as per the pic from GForceEnjoyer.

Attachment 2339987
That's a Boeing 737-800; I'm quite surprised, since it is a relatively new addition to Vistara's fleet (used to be Jet Airways' so maybe the cabin wasn't revamped?), so I wouldn't have expected legroom to be that bad. In terms of legroom (economy), IndiGo and SpiceJet (their larger planes, the Boeing 737s) seem to be the best. If you can manage to get a flight on Air India's wide body jets (777s and 787s), they're pleasant too.

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 30th July 2022 at 20:49. Reason: Typo.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 20:33   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, why is Vistara using smaller airplanes?
Which was the flight number and date? You must have got on to the ancient A320s or ex-Jet 737-800s. I always research extensively before I book on them. Very mixed fleet!

32 Airbus A320neos
Six Boeing 737-800s
Five A320-200s
Four A321neos
Two 787-9s
itwasntme is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks