Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2022, 16:04   #106
BHPian

Re: Vistara: Tata's new commercial airline

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This is the plane. Legroom was pathetic both ways. Just as per the pic from GForceEnjoyer.

Attachment 2339987

Thats a 737-800. One of the old Jet Airways aircrafts mostly. These have additional rows as compared to the newer A320 layouts. If you are booking vistara, ensure that you are on a 320 or 321. I usually avoid 737s. They are old and after the max fiasco, i do not trust Boeing.
lina is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 20:58   #107
BHPian

Even on the same flight, different seats have different legroom. I've often found the the 2 rows before and the 2 rows behind the seats beside the Emergency exits have terrible legroom, so does the ones towards the extreme rear.

As far as seat comfort and padding goes, I've found Air Asia to be the best. On par or better than Vistara in my opinion. They are definitely more comfortable than the newer Indigo flights.
ZenMaster is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 21:04   #108
BHPian

And this is where the airline industry is moving to. We are now complaining of limited legroom, in future we may stand through the flight.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.i...r-2018-4%3famp
Attached Thumbnails
Vistara: Tata's new commercial airline-49ed7393ffcf4ecf902f1a142508c1f5.jpeg  

kkunal.shah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 21:34   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, why is Vistara using smaller airplanes? Just did a Mumbai-Delhi return and on both, the seats were cramped! Indigo offers decidedly better legroom. Full service doesn't matter to me as I don't want to take my mask off in the flight to eat their meals. But the legroom and space seriously sucked.

Am back to Indigo for my future travels.

Attachment 2340972
Thats a 737 NG, former Jet airways, they are way cramped than Vistaras own A320s, Vistara on average has more spaced out seats than Vistara and Air India, you just had some tough luck you ended on these cramped bogies, on a side note the new 737 MAx's have even more cramped seats. On a positive, next time in Delhi, DM
np23 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 10:01   #110
Team-BHP Support

Having flown on older planes and newer, the older Air India planes have much better legroom, and this matters if you are tall and are doing a 15 hour flight. Yes, you have to get used to duct tape holding the seats together, but atleast comfort is better.

Newer planes have much tighter seats. They are narrower as and also have much less legroom. And the windows are also useless as they are now electronically controlled, and the pilots can darken them at night and you have no way to look at polar ice
When lightened, the optical quality is very poor. This is one trend I am not liking at all. I used to love looking at stars and Aurora on night flights, but now, even lightened windows are too dark, and in some cases you cannot lighten them at night!
tsk1979 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 18:39   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Actually, airplane seats are getting smaller! And people have become larger.
Amazing as it sounds, but airplane seats have shrunk considerably and also their pitch (how far they are apart) has shrunk as well. With our expanding bodies, that means things are getting tighter and tighter.
Seats are getting smaller and fares are getting bigger !!
Old 3rd August 2022, 19:55   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, why is Vistara using smaller airplanes? Just did a Mumbai-Delhi return and on both, the seats were cramped! Indigo offers decidedly better legroom. Full service doesn't matter to me as I don't want to take my mask off in the flight to eat their meals. But the legroom and space seriously sucked.

Am back to Indigo for my future travels.

Attachment 2340972
Beg to differ to the moon and back GTO but i felt the converse is true in my case! I had always been a fan of Indigo but a few Vistara trips (Mum - Hyd) recently and I’m all gaga over Vistara solely because of legroom and their next level customer support! I believe Indigo have to soften their attitude and learn a bit from Vistara on how to have a returning customer
cdrajeevkumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 20:29   #113
BANNED

Quote:
Guys, why is Vistara using smaller airplanes?
Two points to be raised over here:
1) Its an economy seat, that too of an ex-Jet
2) Higher expectations - it's Vistara (Not the 6E)

Why Vistara shall not buy bigger planes or keep using the same planes?
Because this industry runs on thin margins and when people proudly say "Airline costs as much as the AC 3 tier of the train", all while saving you that much time too - the one has to make some compromises too.

Instead of blaming Vistara here (They have to pay their people, they deserve to make profits), I would suggest that you may look for the options in premium economy or business class. Economy class is meant for the people who want to fly economical (irrespective of their financial status) and to make them fly economical, the airline needs to go for the economy of scale, they have to make money per square foot per mile out of their aircraft and they need people to fly for that (Empty aircraft lose money after all). So, I would simply put it as a case of expectation to reality mismatch, where I would suggest working on the expectations part as the reality is not going to change any way. There is a reason I don't open a laptop inside an aircraft on these short haul domestic flights, it's simply a good idea to take a nap or just keep looking outside and planning the stuff instead of working on a device at 20-30% actual efficiency.

Overall, I still rate Vistara above every other carrier in India, they are still the least of all the evil players.

Last edited by VKumar : 6th August 2022 at 20:31.
VKumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 11:21   #114
BHPian

On the contrary, I find Vistara legroom to be the best in class along with Air Asia. Even the seats are comfy and not like Indigo's, which are really cramped. The premium economy seats and leg room are even better! I can say this as I take 2-4 flights every week.

Pro time always avoids the first rows of any airline that comes at an additional cost. You can't stretch your legs fully because of the partitions!!

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th August 2022 at 12:46. Reason: spell.
prince0407 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 4th November 2022, 18:57   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, why is Vistara using smaller airplanes?
GTO: This piece of news will reassure you . No more old 737s with Vistara now .

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...50031.html/amp
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 11:47   #116
BHPian

Looks like something is wrong with civil aviation industry in India. May be it's cut throat competition in the sector, which keeps everyone in the industry on their toes or is it pre-merger turbulence.

Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia has sought a detailed report from Vistara regarding flight cancellations and major delays. The minister has also asked the airline the steps they are taking to deal with the inconvenience caused to passengers.

Link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks