Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2015, 17:30   #1
Team-BHP Support

Daimler India Commercial Vehicles - 20,000 trucks sold

Daimler India Commercial Vehicles (DICV) has announced that it has sold more than 20,000 vehicles since it started operations in September 2012.

Sales of BharatBenz trucks registered a growth of 72% in the first two months of 2015 as compared to same period last year. DICV sells trucks ranging from 9 to 49 tonnes.

DICV is increasing its presence in India by expanding its dealership network. It has 81 dealerships that cover 85% of the Indian market. The BharatBenz dealerships have 24x7 enabled workshops. The dealerships provide a host of value-added services viz., cashless zero-depreciation insurance, full maintenance contracts, extended warranty, 24x7 roadside assistance, vehicle tracking systems, driver training and express & on-site service.

DICV claims that Proserv, its branded aftersales unit, is designed to help BharatBenz truck owners save time, money and resources.

Daimler India Commercial Vehicles - 20,000 trucks sold-range.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 19th March 2015 at 21:52.
Aditya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 11:27   #2
BHPian

Re: Daimler India Commercial Vehicles - 20,000 trucks sold

No wonder I could spot a lot of BharatBenz trucks on my way to Kannur. I see lots of this trucks in action on the ghats near the border carrying construction materials and sand. I should say they look lot more clean and well kept compared to MAN. They are indeed making an impact at least in this part of India.
ViMo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 15:05   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViMo View Post
No wonder I could spot a lot of BharatBenz trucks on my way to Kannur. I see lots of this trucks in action on the ghats near the border carrying construction materials and sand. I should say they look lot more clean and well kept compared to MAN. They are indeed making an impact at least in this part of India.
Bharat Benz is in the third place already in Commercial Vehicle segment only behind Ashok Leyland and TATA.

They are giving these two established players serious competition. They are also exporting trucks to the African market [FUSO brand].
Old 14th December 2016, 17:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM-4 View Post
Bharat Benz is in the third place already in Commercial Vehicle segment only behind Ashok Leyland and TATA.

They are giving these two established players serious competition. They are also exporting trucks to the African market [FUSO brand].
Hello WAM,

Would you care to enlighten us, hos is it 3rd? I am very interested in BB's growth but cannot find any real relevant information. Hence the question.

The company has managed to sell 20k units in 50 months! Which does not sound exceptional considering the size of the market.

The monthly average for the M & HCV sector in India hovers above the 24k mark?! At least 80% of which is taken up by Tata and Leyland. Eicher and M&M are distant 3rd and 4th.

What I do not know is how's it split between trucks and buses, and whats the sales figures are in these segments.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks