Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2015, 12:27   #1
Team-BHP Support

Tata develops petrol version of Super Ace for export markets

Tata Motors has developed a petrol version of its Super Ace LCV. The company plans to sell it in markets where demand for such a vehicle is strong. These include some countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa.

The Super Ace is believed to be given the same 1.4-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that was used in the Indigo sedan. However, in the Super Ace, it is likely to be tuned to make it more suitable for hauling loads. The Super Ace has a payload capacity of 1 tonne.

Tata Motors is also believed to be considering a petrol version of the Ace. It will use the 624 cc, twin-cylinder engine from the Nano. Between April 2014 and February 2015, Tata Motors sold 1,60,000 LCVs, out of which, 24,628 units were exported.

Tata develops petrol version of Super Ace for export markets-mint.jpg

Source: Autocar Professional

Last edited by Aditya : 26th March 2015 at 13:48.
Aditya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 09:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata develops petrol version of Super Ace for export markets

Excellent business sense, they have the vehicles and motors. They have to just plug in the right vehicle to the right motors for a particular market.

Just wondering if such a petrol motor option would work well in India as well, considering the reduced fuel margins and CNG/LPG option as well. Omni Cargo is one example of selling in such a combo for quite some time now.
Old 1st July 2020, 01:34   #3

Heating problems - Tata Super Ace

I experience that my Super Ace tends to over heats whenever it carries a load. According to some other forums in South Africa this is a common problem of the Super Ace. This is strange to me as India is much warmer than South Africa and I would like to know, do Super Ace owners in India experiencing the same?

I think that the space behind the radiator was originally designed too small and that might be causing a problem with the amount of air flowing through the radiator.

The other problem I have is that there is NO repair or workshop manual available anywhere on the internet. Without a repair manual it is so much more difficult to search and repair the heating problem. If you have such a repair manual or know where I can get one, please let me know by replying to my post.

Thank you for a very supportive and helpful forum !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks