Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2015, 17:16   #1
Team-BHP Support

Tata Motors launches Prima trucks in Kenya

Tata Motors has launched the Prima heavy commercial vehicles range in Kenya. The range includes two models in the tipper segment and four in the cargo segment.

Tata Motors launches Prima trucks in Kenya-image001-2.jpg

All the models introduced are powered by engines from Cummins Inc. with outputs of 230 HP, 280 HP and 380 HP. The cabins of the Tata Prima truck features air-conditioned, reclining seats with arm rests, an adjustable steering system, a speed governor and additional fuel filter.

Here's a look at the models introduced.

Cargo segment:

The Prima LX 2523.T and PRIMA LX 3123.T are multi-axle trucks category with a GVW of 25 tonnes and 31 tonnes. The come with a Cummins ISBe 5.9 common rail engine generating 230 HP mated toan Eaton gearbox. Their cabins are equipped with features such as 4-point suspension, mechanically suspended seats, air-conditioning and wide bunks.

The Prima LX 4023.S is tractor head with a Cummins ISBe engine that delivers 227 HP and is coupled to a Tata G 1150 OD 9-speed gearbox.

The Prima 4938.S is tractor head with a Cummins ISLe and a 9-speed Eaton transmission. The tractor's cabin features air-conditioning, reclining seats, adjustable steering wheel, armrests and two sleeper bunks with an ambience control system near the bunks for controlling conditions within the cabin during sleep.

Tipper segment:

The Tipper Construck Prima 2523.K LX and Prima 2528.K are powered by a Cummins CRDi engine mated to a Tata G1150 9-speed gearbox.
Aditya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 22:14   #2
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors launches Prima trucks in Kenya

In Kenya I think TATA is the front runner for Tipper trucks segment. In other segments IZUZU and Chinese trucks are ruling. May be this will change things for TATA
Renjith_Mani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 09:32   #3
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors launches Prima trucks in Kenya

I saw a TATA Prima truck for the first time a few weeks ago near the Indo Nepal border. I must say it is an impressive looking truck. It was pulling a trailer and was bright red in colour. It sure does stand out from the rest. I don't know much about the internals of the truck but the Externals looks world class, which would not look out of place on an european road.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd May 2015 at 13:58. Reason: Typo
amrisharm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks