Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2015, 16:51   #1
BHPian

Commercial Vehicle Sales - May 2015

The heat of May has fuelled the sales of all OEMs, though not entirely rewarding.
Mahindra used to enjoy 14k offtake every month but the SCV & Pick-Ups seem to be slowing down.
Trouble is, that segment is the only huge volumes generator of the CV industry.
Ashok Leyland has managed to get back on track pretty quickly with good demand experienced in the M&HCV segment.
VECV and Tata are also enjoying their great coverage of the entire CV segments rewarded with growth in volumes.
Something interesting is going on with Force Motors. Maybe the spurt in sales is due to school opening season closing in on us and demand for Travellers shooting up.
Do contribute additional insights / data for segments to improve this thread.

Commercial Vehicle Sales - May 2015-cv_may-15.jpg
turbospooler is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 19:28   #2
BHPian

Pardon my ignorance, but what is VECV??

No Bharat-Benz data available?
Old 5th June 2015, 20:23   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Commercial Vehicle Sales - May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what is VECV??

Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicles, though Volvo is going to sell their stake in the business soon.

Yep, me too waiting for the Bharat Benz numbers, and all too curious for the Isuzu numbers. Know it is only the Dmax. still want to know how it is doing.
Old 6th June 2015, 11:54   #4
BHPian

re: Commercial Vehicle Sales - May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
The heat of May has fuelled the sales of all OEMs, though not entirely rewarding.
Mahindra used to enjoy 14k offtake every month but the SCV & Pick-Ups seem to be slowing down.
Trouble is, that segment is the only huge volumes generator of the CV industry.
Ashok Leyland has managed to get back on track pretty quickly with good demand experienced in the M&HCV segment.
VECV and Tata are also enjoying their great coverage of the entire CV segments rewarded with growth in volumes.
Something interesting is going on with Force Motors. Maybe the spurt in sales is due to school opening season closing in on us and demand for Travellers shooting up.
Do contribute additional insights / data for segments to improve this thread.

Attachment 1378651
It will be interesting to see the sales break-up model wise also.
Do you have that data ? Please put up if possible.
Old 6th June 2015, 15:28   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Commercial Vehicle Sales - May 2015

Thanks for sharing, Turbospooler! I always learn from such threads.

Mahindra's sales numbers might look impressive on paper (it's no.2 on the chart), but those are mainly from small commercial vehicles.

The big daddy is Tata, followed by Ashok Leyland. They lead the market by an enormous margin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicles, though Volvo is going to sell their stake in the business soon.
Not true. Volvo-Eicher Commercial Vehicles stays as is. Volvo is only selling the shares they hold in Eicher Motors (the standalone Eicher Motors, NOT VECV).
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 09:47   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Yep, me too waiting for the Bharat Benz numbers, and all too curious for the Isuzu numbers. Know it is only the Dmax. still want to know how it is doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
It will be interesting to see the sales break-up model wise also.
Do you have that data ? Please put up if possible.
Thanks for your interest guys!
The issue is I have data of companies who report their sales, either as an obligation towards shareholders or are not worried about competition.

Bharat Benz is afraid to share its sales , but so are AMW, Isuzu, MAN and Scania. These low volume players generally don't like to be judged against the market as they consider themselves niche.
If anyone has access to the paid SIAM data, please send the data to me and I can compile and report.
Also, the model wise data is available in SIAM data and is also reported in the Commercial Vehicle Magazine. If anyone has access, do send a scanned copy and I will tabulate the same and report

Last edited by GTO : 8th June 2015 at 13:06. Reason: Typo
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 12:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

Great thread there which gives an insight to the commercial vehicles sales and kudos for getting this number in at the first place.

A point to note that except for Tatas and Mahindras all others are not in very small commercial vehicle sales and it would give a clearer picture if it is broken down to small CVs, LCV, M-HCV etc.

Also not sure if Ashok Leyland Dost is added to this number so would be interesting to know the above break up here as well.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 13:38   #8
BHPian

Sales breakup by LCV, M&HCV segment.
Dost is considered LCV, as is product range of Force.
I know SML Isuzu & VECV will have some products in M&HCV range and LCV range respectively but as there is no breakup of that data it is aggregated.

Commercial Vehicle Sales - May 2015-cv_apr-may-15-breakup.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks