Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2015, 18:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMTC begins Volvo UD City Bus Trials

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
8400 has a 7 liter engine with 290 hp power. The UD I gather from above is 230 hp but an 8 liter engine. So the UD pumps about 60 HP lower. Forgive my ignorance here, but is the idea behind this SLF being its better suited for bad roads?
Welcome move by Volvo.
Now they are in the track of understanding what India is and have come with a product to suit India. No over engineering, No over dosing of specifications, and no so much hype about the brand.
UD will be equivalent to AL and Tata in terms of Spec and pricing and they don't compete in the premium category.
Engines are not now from Volvo and they are sourced elsewhere. They will compete head on with local players in pricing.

An other variant is also planned for BRTS you could soon see a good numbers on road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
I remember seeing a multiaxle Volvo city bus on 335 E route...what became of it ??
Its more of product showcase by Volvo. Not sure they meet the requirements of UBS. Large capacity multi axle buses will definitely find its way as they are more economical to run.
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks