Old 10th September 2015, 17:32   #2
BHPian

Re: August 2015: Commercial Vehicle Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Hi Guys

Please find below sales figures for August 2015
Dear turbospooler,

Thanks for the informative post, which you do every month. May I ask what is the source of this info, if you don't mind ?
Old 10th September 2015, 18:04   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravindra M View Post
Dear turbospooler,

Thanks for the informative post, which you do every month. May I ask what is the source of this info, if you don't mind ?
I have pulled out most of the data from company websites (newsletters and press releases) or data shared with the stock exchanges (and captured by moneycontrol)

All this data is domestic sales and not production or exports to give a sense about Indian consumers appetite.
turbospooler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 19:57   #4
BHPian

Interesting, ALL seems to be closing on TML?!
Or is it seasons playing?
Old 11th September 2015, 12:22   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babu.sundaram View Post
Interesting, ALL seems to be closing on TML?!
Or is it seasons playing?
Nope, not seasons playing!
ALL sure is closing the gap and I would say that in most cases, ALL has already closed a great deal.
Consider that ALL has marginal presence in ICV with its BOSS range (not really a volume driver) and some eComet ones, it can be considered a serious leader in the M&HCV segment.
The only issue it now faces is how will it venture into the LCV segment when its relations with Nissan are turning sour.
Old 11th September 2015, 13:56   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
I have pulled out most of the data from company websites (newsletters and press releases) or data shared with the stock exchanges (and captured by moneycontrol)

All this data is domestic sales and not production or exports to give a sense about Indian consumers appetite.
You are taking a lot of efforts for sure. Thanks.

Any idea of BharatBenz sales ? I heard they are doing pretty good and are a serious contender for TML, AL.
Old 11th September 2015, 15:26   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravindra M View Post
Any idea of BharatBenz sales ? I heard they are doing pretty good and are a serious contender for TML, AL.
They don't publish their sales data. But they regularly publish some "milestone achieved" data.
Based on that, one can extrapolate their sales to be around 1000 units per month at max. I am not sure of the sales movement currently as their product mix has changed significantly after the launches of ICVs.
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 14:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

TurboSpooler, My sincere appreciations for you to bring out this thread each and every month with very limited sources.
Great Job mate, Keep doing.
Btw, BB is fairly well placed in certain markets like KL where they are almost No1 or No2 in certain segments. But thing is the they are getting tough competition from others and will continue for some more time. In other segments, they are doing good but still a good sometime away to near the numbers. Its right time they bring products to match sub segments so that the gaps will be filled quickly.

Meanwhile, M&M and AMW are almost getting hit in all corners but still M&M there is a slight incremental sales. Understand AMW is getting merged with Kamaz (or the other way)

Wrt, AL they have very nicely responded to the competition with new products and most importantly they have invested in good network in East and North. That is paying the dividend now. And last qtr they have clocked the highest MS in recent years of around 30% and this is after they are getting beaten by BB (a strategy of BB to launch in southern markets first) in their strong areas and good level of entry barrier in North by TML. Dost is doing its duty fairly well but still a long way to go in the LCV segment.
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed