Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2015, 20:24   #1
BHPian

TrackingGenie: GPS Tracker for my commercial vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Can you share some more details on this , I am looking something similar.
Sure, I was looking for a GPS tracker for the pick-up and its a DIY choice or a hardware + subscription model. I wasn't confident or had the time to fiddle with the DIY options from eBay/Aliexpress etc so looked for a more organised one. Tracking Genie was one of the ones I shortlisted and called, they were pretty prompt and send me a quote right away, the base model was 12k (includes a years subscription for data + 100 SMS/Month), annual renewal is 2k/yr. Fitting was another 1.5k, the chap came to Shimla all the way from Jaipur where they are based, fitting took 1 hr. The DIY route would have been cheaper by half I estimate.

I have had the service 6 weeks so far, my experience so far:

Its a safety net, my driver knows its there and as the keys and vehicle are with him, the pick-up isn't misused, plus there's a small SOS button just in case there's an emergency.

I can track movement easily to know that a pick-up/dispatch is moving on time on both my iPhone and wife's Android. The vehicle can be disabled or remotely started (after inputting the password again), again a feature that can be useful but I suggest adding a super strong password!

I set up SMS alerts for ignition on/off and overspeed (above 60), useful, but didn't realise I would be getting 50 SMS's on ignition on/off a day! I had to top up the SMS from their portal.

One can choose daily/weekly email reports on vehicle/fleet movement summary, plus a google earth file where one can trace the vehicle's movement step by step if required. I rarely use this, as I usually get the SMS when the driver starts the vehicle for that days job, and I know he's working on time/late.

If one has a fleet, one can go for more advanced versions with fuel tracking, dash camera, etc etc

I haven't set up zone alerts, might do that in the future - so if the vehicle leaves a particular area it alerts me via SMS (if set up)

Problems so far: A few days back the backend server removed my vehicle from the login, i could't see any vehicle when I logged in, just called them and it was resolved within a few hrs.

Am attaching some screenshots from the iOS app for reference.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
TrackingGenie: GPS Tracker for my commercial vehicle-img_0252.png  

TrackingGenie: GPS Tracker for my commercial vehicle-img_0253.png  

TrackingGenie: GPS Tracker for my commercial vehicle-img_0254.png  

TrackingGenie: GPS Tracker for my commercial vehicle-img_0255.png  

TrackingGenie: GPS Tracker for my commercial vehicle-img_0251.png  

Last edited by HillyThar : 28th October 2015 at 20:30.
HillyThar is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 22:43   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Which Pickup Truck should I buy?

Quote:
I have had the service 6 weeks so far, my experience so far:
Thats a great informative post , perhaps this should be moved to a new thread and we can discuss more . I will get in touch with these fellows .

Coming back to the topic , since your load is not too heavy you should try Isuzu pickup some time , I understand Chandigarh Dealership will open something near Solan by Next Year .

Last edited by Turbanator : 28th October 2015 at 22:56.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 09:55   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Which Pickup Truck should I buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
perhaps this should be moved to a new thread
Done .

Thanks HillyThar for sharing! Will definitely help others.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 10:03   #4
BHPian

Re: TrackingGenie: GPS Tracker for my commercial vehicle

Had spoken to them for their basic models. Planning to put them on the bike so that folks back home can track me while I am out touring.

TG ULTRA LITE : single device:
Rs.7,500/-( inclusive 1 year software & sim ).
Next year renewal cost would be Rs.1500/-plus tax.

TG ULTRA LITE PLUS : single device:
Rs.8,600/-( inclusive 1 year software & sim ).
Next year renewal cost would be Rs.2500/-plus tax.

Hope this helps.
arpandiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 23:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

A friend who is a bus owner has set the overspeed warning at 80 kph continuous overspeed. That way the driver can go above 80 for a few seconds during an overtake without triggering the warning, but 1 Km or 40 seconds above 80 triggers the warning.

He did this on realising that there were few places where overspeeding happens all the time, this is due to drivers tending to floor the vehicle to gain momentum just before they hit a gradient, or while approaching a dip where a slope ends and a grade immediately starts. this overspeeding was not more then 30-40 seconds, and moving the setting to continuous stopped these warnings.

Rahul

Last edited by GTO : 31st October 2015 at 11:34. Reason: Typos - please check spellings before posting. Thanks!
Rahul Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 20:10   #6

Hi everyone

I am picking up on this old thread to contrast the fall in GPS tracking solution prices since @arpandiv 's 2015 numbers above.

I have two tractors on the farm which are often in use without my presence. Both the tractors have Mahindra's digisense hardware on them but the real time tracking ability of the device is extremely poor. The web and app interface is archaic and perhaps a shoddy job on their developers' part.

So, this morning I bought a GPS tracking solution from a company called Loconav (https://loconav.com/). If anyone has used it, I would like to know the experience. I am trying one installation first. Their quote is below -

As per our telephonic Conversation held with you pls find the details :

Rate Per device (with 1 year subscription) - Rs. 3100/- ( Includes GST )
Total No. of devices Ordered - 1
Device Model- Concox V5
Vehicle Make & Model - Mahindra Arjun Novo 605
Vehicle type - Key start
Total Amount - Rs. 3100/-
Received Amount - Rs. 1700/-
Pending amount - 1400/- needs to be clear at the time of delivery
Renewal Amount from the next year - Rs. 1800/- per device
Address for delivery - XXXXXXXXX
Delivery TAT - 5/6 working days after Order confirmation
Installation TAT- 3/4 days from the date of delivery

- Sachin