Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2015, 15:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Picture Report : EXCON 2015

B-e-a-utiful photos! I notice most of the global biggies here, expect John Deere products. Looks like they are only keen to sell tractors in India.
Old 1st December 2015, 16:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KomS_CarLog View Post
B-e-a-utiful photos! I notice most of the global biggies here, expect John Deere products. Looks like they are only keen to sell tractors in India.
No, other than tractors John Deere had backhoe loader in collaboration with TATA. I think Tata Hitachi TH76 and TH86 backhoe loaders are nothing but John Deere backhoe loaders.
Old 1st December 2015, 16:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
No, other than tractors John Deere had backhoe loader in collaboration with TATA. I think Tata Hitachi TH76 and TH86 backhoe loaders are nothing but John Deere backhoe loaders.
This is news to me.

I'm aware of the 50-50 JV between John Deere and Ashok Leyland, called Leyland-Deere, that sells backhoe loaders fitted with AL's 4-cyl engines and John Deere's hydraulics and other mechanicals. AFAIK, they sell only two models, the 435 and 435E backhoe loaders. The farm equipment business is independent of the JV

Tata-Hitachi is another similar JV, but with Hitachi Construction Machinery holding 60% share and Tata Motors holding 40% share. Most of their products are powered by Cummins B-series power plants, while the rest of the mechanicals are from Hitachi. The TH76 and TH86 are older than the AL-John Deere JV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
There was a exhaust valve on the Volvo 480 FMX 10x8 which can divert exhaust from the stack to the dumper behind with the help of a lever
Are you sure it's the same plumbing? There's an exhaust brake system available on the FMX, so there must be some actuators and gizmos fitted on the exhaust line. The other line could be entirely different - just thinking out loud.

Last edited by silversteed : 1st December 2015 at 16:30.
Old 1st December 2015, 17:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
This is news to me.

Tata-Hitachi is another similar JV, but with Hitachi Construction Machinery holding 60% share and Tata Motors holding 40% share. Most of their products are powered by Cummins B-series power plants, while the rest of the mechanicals are from Hitachi. The TH76 and TH86 are older than the AL-John Deere JV.
John Deere model from TATA-Hitachi was called TATA JD 315V where JD stands for John Deere (I think original model number is John Deere 310SE). These were powered by 497TC engine from Tata and another Perkins Engines.

I think once Hitachi became majority stake holder they changed the model numbers to TH76 and TH86 with some exterior changes.

Last edited by Latheesh : 1st December 2015 at 17:37.
Old 2nd December 2015, 09:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post

Are you sure it's the same plumbing? There's an exhaust brake system available on the FMX, so there must be some actuators and gizmos fitted on the exhaust line. The other line could be entirely different - just thinking out loud.
Looked like the same plumbing. A same dia pipe came from the exhaust pipe just before the muffler part started and at that point there was a lever as well and then went into the dumper through a large box enclosure.
The lever handle makes me think it is of some other use.

Most Viewed