Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2019, 08:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bus Aggregators - Cityflo, rBus and others

Bumping up an old thread.

Joined Cityflo bus service for a month on trial basis for the route Thane-Powai-Thane. Had a few queries regarding the payment, bus timings, cancellations etc and tried the Cityflo customer care nos but unfortunately wasn't able to connect. Mentioned the same on the website chat services. Got a call from Ankit, one of the founders of the Cityflo services. He patiently answered all my queries. Decided to subscribe for the monthly services.

The cost for a month was Rs 3899/- Had a referral code and the cost came to Rs 3340. In case someone in Mumbai, Thane, Navi Mumbai wants to join the service, I can refer and it would beneficial for both with a 10% discount on the services.

Took the first bus today to office. It was benz, Ac bus but a squeaky one. Took around 45 mins to reach Powai as it took the flyover route only. The bus was full. Will update the further experience in the coming days.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 18:33   #17
Lij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Bumping up an old thread.

Joined Cityflo bus service for a month on trial basis for the route Thane-Powai-Thane. Had a few queries regarding the payment, bus timings, cancellations etc and tried the Cityflo customer care nos but unfortunately wasn't able to connect. Mentioned the same on the website chat services. Got a call from Ankit, one of the founders of the Cityflo services. He patiently answered all my queries. Decided to subscribe for the monthly services.

The cost for a month was Rs 3899/- Had a referral code and the cost came to Rs 3340. In case someone in Mumbai, Thane, Navi Mumbai wants to join the service, I can refer and it would beneficial for both with a 10% discount on the services.

Took the first bus today to office. It was benz, Ac bus but a squeaky one. Took around 45 mins to reach Powai as it took the flyover route only. The bus was full. Will update the further experience in the coming days.
ghodlur, how's the experience been so far? I might have to travel from Mulund to Nirlon Park in Goregaon East frequently and looking at the current traffic conditions am seriously considering such a service instead of driving.
Old 10th April 2019, 20:19   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

There is also Shuttl - https://ride.shuttl.com/

Lately, been seeing a lot of their buses. These are mostly school buses and would have been idle anyway, now they do 1 or 2 round trips for office drops after the school drops.

Have tried them out, and based on your route/timings can be a good option to escape the horrible NCR morning rush hour.
Old 11th April 2019, 07:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
ghodlur, how's the experience been so far? I might have to travel from Mulund to Nirlon Park in Goregaon East frequently and looking at the current traffic conditions am seriously considering such a service instead of driving.
I used the services for a month only and had to resort back to my own vehicle due to constraints of painting works being carried out in my apartment building. Could not risk keeping the car there in open parking due to debris and paint stains. In my one month usage I had mixed reviews of the service. The morning pick ups were in a Benz bus but the evening buses were horrifyingly rickety buses. Had complained almost on daily basis. After 18 days of complaints, the evening buses were also on Benz. They were fairly on time, cant blame them due to ongoing metro work. They also hiked the prices after the end of the month by almost 500 bucks.

I will be utilizing their services during the monsoons for sure for the simplest reason the pick up and drop is very close to my residence.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 11:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

I am personally giving this a try, wherein I do not drive to office for 1-2 days in the week. Instead, I walk for 1.5 km (or if I am late I take an auto / e-rick) & take a shuttle (app based booking - Shuttl) to my office. Same in the way back.

Pros: I get to read or listen to music, without having to worry about negotiating the traffic.

Cons: The drivers drive quite rashly and swerve in/out, and inspite of travelling in bigger vehicles like Force traveler / Tata winger, I feel uneasy and nauseated. Also, seats are sold out very quickly once they are opened for booking the day before at 9 AM.
Old 1st July 2019, 20:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

After seeing the current fury of the monsoons and the pathetic & degrading infrastructure (read loudly as roads) decided to subscribe to Cityflo after a lot of deliberations for my office commute from Thane to Powai. Cityflo is getting stranger, greedier every passing day. The subscription is now being offered for 20 days, reasons given in the app are even more baffling for this. The subscription costed me Rs 4000 for 20 days i.e at an average of Rs 100 per ride. The only reason for opting this aggregation is the pick up and drop and door step.

I checked out another office bus commute app Shuttl which was offering me 30 days ride for the same route for Rs 2000, half of what Cityflo is charging and more no of days. The only negative for this was the pick up point which was 500 mtrs away from my residence. Walking in rain to reach the pick up point was the only sore point in the deal.

Lets see how the cityflo experience turns out to be.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks