Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2016, 20:03   #31
BHPian

Re: Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The only point which I am apprehensive about is the service network of Isuzu which is still at a very fledgling state - can you share some of your experience on the service and the ownership?

Thanks!
As far as service goes, the dealership staff have been fantastic and are very customer oriented. What I have not been happy with is the facilities available at the workshop. It's been nearly 2 years since I bought my vehicle, but the workshop still lacks important equipment. This is the way things are at my local dealer. It may be different where you are.

With regard to ownership, the commercial registration has limited my road travel a lot. Apart from that, it is fantastic to drive and nothing in the vehicle has needed any attention. Just your regular service and that's it. Don't be disappointed that we are not getting the 3 litre engine. This 2.5 litre has great grunt and will put a big smile on your face.
Lakshman1645 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 11:54   #32
BHPian

I have been postponing my car purchase for the last 4 months to see the launches at the Auto Expo. Since the unveiling and seeing the feedback from the folks here, I am itching to own this pick up truck for my personal use. Duster 4WD is an alternative if this does not work out. I know that they are in totally different segments but somehow both have a different kind of charm.

I have a few questions.

Will V Cross be an easy car for daily use in city like Hyderabad? Primary use will be in Hyderabad city and surroundings along with out of town duty once in a while. At home we already have other options like Innova/ Swift/city/jazz for normal use. Apart from these, either a Duster or Brezza will join the family garage.

Will the 2nd row be comfortable or too bumpy. We are going to have a baby shortly. Usage will be a minimum of 20,000-30,000 km a year. Innova like ride will be a huge bonus.

What is the charm of the double cab 4x2 commercial vehicle that people are trying the register it as personal vehicle?

Showed V max video to everyone in the family. What do you need a truck for. Where are you going to park it. Dad is okay with my choice as of now. Need to convince wife though (Target - Romantic angle - a night under the stars )
Old 17th February 2016, 12:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post

I have a few questions.

Will V Cross be an easy car for daily use in city like Hyderabad?

Will the 2nd row be comfortable or too bumpy.

What is the charm of the double cab 4x2 commercial vehicle that people are trying the register it as personal vehicle?
  1. You can expect it to be as nimble (or problematic) as Force One or Safari. It will not be anywhere near a sedan for sure.
  2. Second row will be comfortable as it is close to the middle of the vehicle. But it is body on frame structure and a SUV. You can not compare it with Sedans for sure and I am doubtful about it to be close ti Innova. Only reviews can confirm this.
  3. Double cab looks like a commercial vahicle at the end of the day. It is noot at all charming IMO.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 12:41   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
  1. You can expect it to be as nimble (or problematic) as Force One or Safari. It will not be anywhere near a sedan for sure.
  2. Second row will be comfortable as it is close to the middle of the vehicle. But it is body on frame structure and a SUV. You can not compare it with Sedans for sure and I am doubtful about it to be close ti Innova. Only reviews can confirm this.
  3. Double cab looks like a commercial vehicle at the end of the day. It is not at all charming IMO.
If it is similar to a Safari, it will be fine I guess.

Seating comfort, I will await the reviews as well as will test it personally. Dealership is less than couple of KM from my place.

Just going through the D Max review on Team Bhp. Pretty impressed Isuzu's attention to detail on the manual
Old 17th February 2016, 14:15   #35
Team-BHP Support

So basically this will carry same engine as the Original D-Max they Launched last Year & the present D-Max will be running on lower tune / without Intercooler now ?

From -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...uzu-d-max.html

D-Max is the 2.5L diesel engine. With 136 horses and 294 nm of torque (starting from 1,800 rpm), this is the most powerful vehicle in its class. The engine is Euro IV compliant too
Old 18th February 2016, 09:58   #36
BHPian

I saw the website today for the Vmax. http://isuzudmaxvcross.in/

Happy to see that Isofix is there along with 60-40 split seats. I am seriously considering this as an option now. Hope they price it reasonable.

I am expecting that Isuzu will provide 24 month service interval in V Cross similar to existing D Max
Old 18th February 2016, 10:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
If it is similar to a Safari, it will be fine I guess.

Seating comfort, I will await the reviews as well as will test it personally. Dealership is less than couple of KM from my place.

Just going through the D Max review on Team Bhp. Pretty impressed Isuzu's attention to detail on the manual
I doubt it. Safari and Storme have the most comfortable suspensions around, a pickup with leaf springs cannot match that behavior. You can check out reviews of the Xenon, the Isuzu will at best be at par/slightly better/worse than that, and Xenon is quite bumpy at the rear seat with the load bed empty. Also the current Isuzu has a tendency to be tail skittish especially at high speeds and heavy braking, that again is the pitfall of a light end pickup bed.
apachelongbow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 11:01   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
I doubt it. Safari and Storme have the most comfortable suspensions around, a pickup with leaf springs cannot match that behavior. You can check out reviews of the Xenon, the Isuzu will at best be at par/slightly better/worse than that, and Xenon is quite bumpy at the rear seat with the load bed empty. Also the current Isuzu has a tendency to be tail skittish especially at high speeds and heavy braking, that again is the pitfall of a light end pickup bed.
I guess I am more fascinated by the thought to own a pick rather than the practicality of it. I will test drive the current D max once and see the suitability of a pickup as a daily driver
indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 20:45   #39
BANNED

Re: Review: Isuzu D-Max

I was passing by the isuzu dealership in gurgaon today and noticed the vcross standing there. Went in to inspect it closely. I have to admit the vehicle looks fab from the outside. Interiors too were pretty much OK, barring a few al-cheapo plastics, like the one at the seat base. The clutch in particular was very light. As per the salesman, it is expected to be launched by end of april at around 15L. The noise insulation didn't seem to be the best. Th horn was heard pretty loudly inside the cabin with all windows closed. Will i buy one? 15L ex showroom, equates to 16.5L onroad. At this price i can buy Scorpio s10 4x4 AT. Am confused. Love the car but 4x4 AT package cannot be ignored.
chaudh2s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 18:51   #40

This is my first post and i feel privileged joining the team BHP family. Thank you for admitting me in.
I have been living in Africa for the last 14 years with most of them in the tea plantations in Malawi. At the moment I live in Kenya. Double cabs such as these Isuzus are quite popular in central Africa and below all the way down to South Africa where they are quite literally worshiped, in Kenya however, which is east Africa, they are not so popular. The Land Cruiser 80 series and upwards, rules the roost mostly.
Where popular, the Toyota hilux rules the hands down although the Fords and the Nissans give it a good run for it's money. This post however is not about the brand, it's about the double cab itself. After driving these for 10 years, here is my list of pro's and con's about this type of vehicle:
Firstly, if you are a farmer or someone living in the country side, a DC is more of a tool than a vehicle. It helps you get your job done in comfort and style to say the least. In a city however, it could be a bit of a pain. Basically, it's a work horse, the DC and a comfy one at that.

CONS: 1) My Maruti 800 back home in India could carry 4 passengers and 2 suitcases without getting them drenched. A double cab can carry the passengers dry all right but the 2 suitcases WILL get damp, you can put a hood, a canopy or whatever. Canopy stands a better chance in light drizzle but in a down pour, water will creep in thru the crevices of the windows etc. Also, invites prying eyes.
2) Hard bouncy ride when there is no cargo on gravel roads. Tire pressures absolutely critical when carrying a load or when going empty.

THAT's JUST ABOUT IT!

PROS: 1) a 4x4 Dc will go all those places your 4x4 SUV goes, with the same aplomb.
2) Will take you and 3 more in the comfort of an SUV (almost).
3) Out in the country side, the load bay is your best asset of the vehicle, you can load, load and then some. Keep all your dirties out of the cabin, keep all your tools and equipment etc without soiling the carpets inside. Go fishing? Fikar not, keeps the stink out. Carry a big ice box. No, carry the biggest ice box you can find!
4) I think, an Air con works better in a DC, smaller area to cool compared to an SUV.
It's a life style vehicle. Useful for a Rambo rather than a James Bond. If that's your thing. It's a vehicle that can make both the Mahindra Thar as well as the Toyota Fortuner feel the heat and that explains the versatility of such a vehicle. It's also love it or hate it vehicle. No in betweens.

Posting a pic of the last DC i drove, a Mitsubishi L200 Sportero, with an auto gearbox!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img2012123000231.jpg  

Kamran Mohsin is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 12:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

Got a mailer from Isuzu on their new V Cross.

The car should be available for test drive in a couple of months. It will be launched in the second half of 2016, with an approximate pricing of 15L.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-unnamed.jpg  

speedmiester is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 00:21   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Got a mailer from Isuzu on their new V Cross.

The car should be available for test drive in a couple of months. It will be launched in the second half of 2016, with an approximate pricing of 15L.
All said and done, if Isuzu really wants to create a customer base in India for this segment, the pricing figure of 15 L won't help at all. The moment the pricing is in the territory of more 'common' suvs, people will be inclined to buy the same in stead of a pick up truck, barring very few die hard enthusiasts. A basic 4wd dual cab, at best around the pricing of scorpio s4+ 4wd, could redefine the choices. If it is kept even lower, that could really ignite the passion.
Kandisa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2016, 14:21   #43
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a chance to see the Isuzu D-Max V-Cross today at Viraaj Isuzu Pune.

There are two new 2016 D-Max's on display - a 4x4 V-Cross for private usage and a 4x2 D-Max for Commercial Usage. No test drives available yet and the pricing has not been revealed either. The SA told me that the cars are on display to gauge public response and feedback before the dealers undergo the training on 21-24th April so that the same feedback can be shared with the management. Launch is likely by end of May 2016 and pricing should be around 15 lakhs ex-showroom.

My first impressions are:

1. Massive size, decent space and a good build quality.
2. Beige interiors are a mismatch for a truck.
3. The door panels were of beige plastics, I'm guessing post the launch all vehicles will have proper fabric lining instead of hard plastics.
4. The load bay has no lining, a felt lining would have been helpful.
5. The V-Cross has a proper rear bumper, something which was missing in the last-gen D-Max.
6. The interiors are straight out of a Chevy Trailblazer, plastic quality is good and the seating position is comfy.
7. There was no music system in the demo vehicle, however the V-Cross will have a music system as a standard equipment.
8. Diesel mill is quite refined, no test drives but a engine start revealed the engine is a refined unit.
9. The Commercial variant had spartan, basic & all-black interiors.
10. The vehicle feels sturdy and built to last.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0018.jpg  

Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0019.jpg  

Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0021.jpg  

Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0024.jpg  

Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0025.jpg  

Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0029.jpg  

Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0028.jpg  

Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0015.jpg  

Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0023.jpg  

Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0033.jpg  

Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0034.jpg  

Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0035.jpg  

Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0036.jpg  

Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0038.jpg  

Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0037.jpg  

Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0044.jpg  

Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0041.jpg  

Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0030.jpg  

Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0043.jpg  

Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0042.jpg  

Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0032.jpg  

Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0039.jpg  

Isuzu @ Auto Expo 2016 (including the D-Max V-Cross)-img20160416wa0040.jpg  

Last edited by //M : 16th April 2016 at 14:22.
//M is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 17th April 2016, 15:35   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Thanks //M for sharing photos and your observations. And also thanks to S2, Vid6639 & .anshuman for the initial pictures from Auto Expo.

Is it going to be available as one variant in private registered category. Any idea from when they are planning to take bookings.

I am considering this vehicle for my next upgrade. Eagerly waiting for the test-drive in Bengaluru.
Old 17th April 2016, 17:56   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post

There are two new 2016 D-Max's on display - a 4x4 V-Cross for private usage and a 4x2 D-Max for Commercial Usage. No test drives available yet and the pricing has not been revealed either. The SA told me that the cars are on display to gauge public response and feedback before the dealers undergo the training on 21-24th April so that the same feedback can be shared with the management. Launch is likely by end of May 2016 and pricing should be around 15 lakhs ex-showroom.

My first impressions are:

1. Massive size, decent space and a good build quality.
2. Beige interiors are a mismatch for a truck.
3. The door panels were of beige plastics, I'm guessing post the launch all vehicles will have proper fabric lining instead of hard plastics.
4. The load bay has no lining, a felt lining would have been helpful.
5. The V-Cross has a proper rear bumper, something which was missing in the last-gen D-Max.
6. The interiors are straight out of a Chevy Trailblazer, plastic quality is good and the seating position is comfy.
7. There was no music system in the demo vehicle, however the V-Cross will have a music system as a standard equipment.
8. Diesel mill is quite refined, no test drives but a engine start revealed the engine is a refined unit.
9. The Commercial variant had spartan, basic & all-black interiors.
10. The vehicle feels sturdy and built to last.

AFAIK the training for northern dealers has already happened earlier this month and the price is going to be announced on 28th April. Hope they get the pricing below 14 lakhs for the Vcross otherwise loads of other options open up. Bookings have already started, you can contact a dealer for more information.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed