Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2016, 12:56   #1
BHPian

Commercial Vehicle Sales: Q1 2016-17

Hi Guys

After my yo-yo appearance and performance (worse than Honda), I bring to you the latest figures.

To add to the information being bombarded (and to show off my skills at using Excel charts ), I am adding the segment distribution for this quarter.

Commercial Vehicle Sales: Q1 2016-17-17-segment-distribution.jpg

The sales figures are as below.
Note:
The green highlight indicates that the company performed better than the industry
The red highlight indicates that the company had negative growth (percentage wise).

Total Market:
Commercial Vehicle Sales: Q1 2016-17-17-q1-total-latest.jpg

Total LCV:
Commercial Vehicle Sales: Q1 2016-17-17-q1-lcv-latest.jpg

Total M & HCV:
Commercial Vehicle Sales: Q1 2016-17-17-q1-mcv-latest.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy. Do contribute any valuable insight/ comments/ observations.
turbospooler is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 14:40   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Commercial Vehicle Sales: Q1 2016-17

Thank you turbospoolers. It is good to know how the commercial vehicles segment is doing.

Tata is comfortably leading in the LCV segment. I guess its the dominance of the 407 and Ace in their segments that's showing. Mahindra is the only other strong player in the segment, but lags far behind.

In the M & HCV section Tata Motors continues to lead as it has done for so many years and Ashok Leyland is strong as well. What is surprising is that even though roads are better and faster than they were many years ago, Volvo has remained a marginal player.

It will be interesting to know where Daimler India Commercial Vehicles stands.
Old 8th July 2016, 17:05   #3
BHPian

I have been spotting too many Bharat Benz Trucks lately. My guess is that they should be doing well above Mahindra Navistar Trucks. Atleast here in Chennai Any information on their sales figures?
Also where does MAN Trucks stand in the order?
Old 8th July 2016, 17:17   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thank you turbospoolers. It is good to know how the commercial vehicles segment is doing.

It will be interesting to know where Daimler India Commercial Vehicles stands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh_N/A View Post
I have been spotting too many Bharat Benz Trucks lately. My guess is that they should be doing well above Mahindra Navistar Trucks. Atleast here in Chennai Any information on their sales figures?
Also where does MAN Trucks stand in the order?
Thanks Aditya for appreciating!

Bharat Benz is actually doing fine with monthly sales of around 1500 (an approximation from my end) but we cannot get exact figures as they don't share any sales data.

Navistar trucks have failed miserably in sales target set by them but they are continuously trying to gain some market share.

MAN and AMW have both gone down the similar way. Though MAN is trying to pitch only to mining industry, they don't have the sales volume even close to Bharat Benz.
Old 8th July 2016, 21:42   #5
BHPian

Anyway, thanks for the numbers. I have always wondered what would be numbers set by commercial vehicles everytime I see one on the roads.
Old 20th October 2016, 23:57   #6

Hi Turbospooler, Is there a way where we can get the monthly/quarterly numbers for buses sold in India? And their breakdown by Light or medium duty?

Thanks in advance
Anubhav
Old 21st October 2016, 22:23   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post

MAN and AMW have both gone down the similar way. Though MAN is trying to pitch only to mining industry, they don't have the sales volume even close to Bharat Benz.

MAN hasn't been successful in India (HCV). Why ? I think even the Volvo FMs have more popularity.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks