Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2019, 07:56   #46
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki to recall 5900 Super Carry vehicles

Maruti has decided to recall 5900 of its super carry vehicles due to a possible defect in fuel filter. A report in economic times states
Quote:
Maruti Suzuki on Wednesday said the company will recall 5900 units of light commercial vehicle Super Carry to inspect a possible defect in fuel filter.
The vehicles affected include those manufactured between 26th April 2018 and 1st August 2018. This also include vehicles in which fuel filter has been replaced in field during this period, the company said in a statement
Cheers!
Ironhide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 08:05   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki to recall 5900 Super Carry vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Maruti has decided to recall 5900 of its super carry vehicles due to a possible defect in fuel filter.
There is a dedicated thread on the quoted recall.

Link (Maruti recalls 2018 Super Carry over a potential defect in the Fuel Pump)
Old 25th April 2019, 17:06   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Super Carry LCV launched at Rs. 4.01 lakh

Maruti Suzuki To Discontinue Super Carry LCV’s Diesel Variant - Will have a petrol and a CNG variant ONLY on sale from April 2020.

Link
Old 26th April 2019, 10:46   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki To Discontinue Super Carry LCV’s Diesel Variant - Will have a petrol and a CNG variant ONLY on sale from April 2020.

Link
I am completely lost for words.
How can a CV be offered to customers in petrol?
IMHO, petrol load carriers will consume higher fuel leading to lower fuel efficiency.
To top it off, petrol is expensive in India.
Not sure if they are serious about Indian market at all.
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 10:59   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
I am completely lost for words.
How can a CV be offered to customers in petrol?
IMHO, petrol load carriers will consume higher fuel leading to lower fuel efficiency.
To top it off, petrol is expensive in India.
Not sure if they are serious about Indian market at all.
Petrol and diesel prices are almost at par now, with a difference of few rupees only. However the FE would be significantly different for both models.

MS has good expertise with petrol engines. If this news is indeed true, they should be betting big on the CNG variant whose availability has increased across Indian cities.

As I see it, Maruti has a very small share in the CV market and hence, seems willing to take this risk of starting a new trend of petrol driven CVs. With the changing emission norms, most vehicles could move to have petrol engines only. In such a case, the Super Carry will have a first mover advantage in the CV market. If not, someone like MS can afford to write-off their investment in this vehicle.

OT: Omni and Eeco have been popular choices as CVs. They are petrol driven and yet, are selling extremely well in the market today.
Old 26th April 2019, 11:33   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Petrol and diesel prices are almost at par now, with a difference of few rupees only. However the FE would be significantly different for both models.

MS has good expertise with petrol engines. If this news is indeed true, they should be betting big on the CNG variant whose availability has increased across Indian cities.
In Pune area, petrol is at INR 78/litre while diesel is at INR 70/litre.
I would call that a significant difference.
I did a calculation basis an annual mileage of 1 lac kms being run.

Maruti Super Carry LCV launched at Rs. 4.01 lakh-diesel-vs-petrol-cv-analysis.jpg

I have assumed the petrol to churn out only 15 kmpl which is my estimate.
If anyone has concrete figures, do share it so I can update them.
But my logic was to find an engine with a similar torque figure (I know, it is the availability of torque which matters aka the torque curve).
Also, the engine is going to pull around 700 kgs in loaded condition, so the fuel efficiency will drop.

Around INR 2 lacs per annum lost on fuel is too high a difference even if the engine comes from a tuning master like Maruti.

I also calculated keeping the mileage same.
Here, the difference reduces to INR 0.36 lacs which can make this viable but only if the acquisition cost is low. Remember, it is for commercial use so even a single penny counts.

Maruti Super Carry LCV launched at Rs. 4.01 lakh-diesel-vs-petrol-cv-analysis-same-mileage.jpg

Quote:
OT: Omni and Eeco have been popular choices as CVs. They are petrol driven and yet, are selling extremely well in the market today.
Completely agree but I guess Omni and Eeco are sold as passenger cars for commercial use. The "load body" is not very solid and can be best used for light duty goods. People also buy this as it helps in their business and can be used as a personal vehicle at other times.
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2019, 12:47   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post

As I see it, Maruti has a very small share in the CV market and hence, seems willing to take this risk of starting a new trend of petrol driven CVs. With the changing emission norms, most vehicles could move to have petrol engines only. In such a case, the Super Carry will have a first mover advantage in the CV market.
Even if MS is good in making petrol engines, keeping other factors like price of petrol and emission norms etc aside, what about the Torque required in a typical CV? MS Carry is not a people mover but essentially a load carrier and given the abuse it generally goes through in Indian market with overloading, how will the vehicle pull through efficiently? Cost of operations for a small businessman who would typically use Carry would mean a lot.

So unless OEMs bring very efficient and high torque Petrol engine technology in CVs (at reasonable price), I dont see industry moving to Petrol options atleast in the near future. Whoever offers BS VI diesel in the small CV segment at acceptable price increase would have clear advantage.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 17:53   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

All New Suzuki Carry released in Indonesia.

Quote:
Using a new engine with code K15B-Commercial, All New Suzuki Carry Pickup inherits the advantages of the engine that is also used by LMPV in fact, courtesy of the All New Suzuki Suzuki i.e. Ertiga. It's just that, in this K15B machine-Commercial there are differences on the ECU mapping and also the gear ratio making it suitable for use as a commercial vehicle engines.
All New Suzuki Carry is sold in 4 options, i.e. the type of Flat Decks (FD), Wide Deck (WD), the AC FD + PS, and WD AC + PS.
Maruti Super Carry LCV launched at Rs. 4.01 lakh-hargaallnewsuzukicarrypickupsurabaya.jpg

Maruti Super Carry LCV launched at Rs. 4.01 lakh-allnewsuzukicarrypickupbelakang.jpg

Maruti Super Carry LCV launched at Rs. 4.01 lakh-interiorallnewsuzukicarrypickup.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 09:42   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

All NEW Suzuki Carry 1.5 liter petrol 5MT to be launched in Thailand 16 August!

Dimension the body dimension

4,195 mm long
1,765 mm wide
1,910 mm high
Wheelbase wheelbase 2,205 mm
Ground clearance 160 mm

Engine

Gasoline engine code K15B-C, 4 cylinders, 1.5 liters, 1,462 cc., Multipoint injection nozzle, x cylinder, stroke range: 74.0 x 85.0 mm, compression ratio 10.0: 1, maximum power 97 hp at 5,600 rev / min, maximum torque of 135 new Tons at 4,400 rpm / pair with 5-speed manual transmission, 2-wheel drive

Maruti Super Carry LCV launched at Rs. 4.01 lakh-img21.jpg

Maruti Super Carry LCV launched at Rs. 4.01 lakh-carry_16aug_banner.jpg

Maruti Super Carry LCV launched at Rs. 4.01 lakh-key_img2.jpg

Maruti Super Carry LCV launched at Rs. 4.01 lakh-interiorseat.jpg

Maruti Super Carry LCV launched at Rs. 4.01 lakh-img4.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th August 2019 at 09:46.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th December 2019, 16:57   #55
BANNED

Maruti Suzuki sold over 50,000 Super Carry mini truck in three years.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki launched the Super Carry mini truck back in September 2016. Sold through the company's 319 commercial sales outlets in 217 cities, the Super Carry is powered by a 793cc diesel engine, while there is a 1,200cc CNG variant on offer as well.

Commenting on crossing 50,000 units sales mark, Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India, said, “We thank our customers for their trust and support. Within a short span of three years, Super Carry has created a niche for itself. Developed specifically for India, keeping in mind the unique requirements of the Indian mini truck customer, Super Carry has won the widespread appreciation of customers."

He also added, "Super Carry owners vouch for its qualities like best-in-segment power, mileage, easy maintenance, comfort and enhanced storage capacity, which helps enhance their profitability. The second best-selling Mini-Truck in the Light Commercial Vehicle Market, Super carry has been able to create a brand name for itself.”
Source: ET Auto
Old 9th March 2020, 13:59   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Super Carry BS6 launched.

Maruti Suzuki Super Carry gets the BS6 treatment only with its petrol engine whereas the CNG will meet the new emission norms shortly.

Quote:
Maruti recently updated the Eeco van to BS6, something that has been running from the last 10-15 years. The Eeco uses the Esteem’s G12B engine. Another car that runs the very same engine, the Maruti Suzuki Super Carry, now has been made BS6 compliant. The Maruti Super Carry BS6 is priced at Rs 4.76 on-road, Maharashtra. The ex-showroom price is Rs 4.23 lakh.
This price has seen a hike of Rs 10,000 over that of the BS4 model.
Quote:
The BS6 petrol engine produces the same amount of power and torque as before – 72hp @ 6,000rpm and 98Nm @ 3,000rpm. This engine is mated to a 5-speed transmission. The fuel tank capacity is 30 litres while the top speed is 80kmph.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th March 2020 at 14:01.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks