Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2016, 07:55   #1

Clock by real Scania Trucks!

Clock by real Scania Trucks!-capture.jpg

In recent times we have all seen the mind boggling ads done by Volvo trucks, Scania being one of the main competitor couldn't exactly sit quiet. They decided to make an ad which will be as magnanimous as Volvo's but what should they do? I imagine that with time running out, that one such creative person came up with the idea of creating a huge clock in the middle of nowhere with nothing but trucks. And Boy! does that look fantastic.

I am writing in this post at 7:50 in the morning and when i check out the website. Specifically the clock view, it shows the exact time now.

https://www.scania.com/global/en/glo...aniaclock.html

Running a Truck clock for 24 hours straight isn't a small task, Kudos to the guys behind this. Brilliant, Just Brilliant.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd September 2016 at 11:39. Reason: Adding video :)
Shreyas Hande is offline   (54) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 08:37   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
re: Clock by real Scania Trucks!

Wow
It is indeed amazing
It is exactly 0836am as per my computer clock and that is exactly what the clock in this link you sent, shows!
Wow! Cant find words!
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 09:22   #3

The video in the website is awesome as well, well made and gives goosebumps.

They show how they managed such a feat including excerpts from drivers. Scania fleet management truly deserves a applause
Shreyas Hande is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 09:31   #4
BHPian

Wow wow !! An extraordinarily brilliant idea executed with so much precision !! Hats off to SCANIA and the team behind this superb ad. Thank you Shreyas for sharing this awesomeness Clock link is mindblowing.

Shreyas, I watched the making video too, its truly outstanding and indeed gives goosebumps. Loved the whole video but more of the 3.32 to 3.49 seconds part. Take a bow SCANIA
vivek95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 09:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Hande View Post
... huge clock in the middle of nowhere with nothing but trucks. And Boy! does that look fantastic.
This video is even more impressive - how they get it to work like clockwork:

https://www.scania.com/global/en/glo...ing-clock.html

Quote:
Running a Truck clock for 24 hours straight isn't a small task, Kudos to the guys behind this. Brilliant, Just Brilliant.
Reliability and ruggedness are miles ahead in Commercial Vehicles

Last edited by silversteed : 23rd September 2016 at 09:40.
silversteed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 10:05   #6
sud
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd September 2016 at 11:43.
sud is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd September 2016, 12:07   #7
CGB
BHPian

Re: Clock by real Scania Trucks!

This promo has been designed and executed to promote their new product, S-Series Range of trucks. It has been recently launched by Scania and they pitted it against the most advanced truck, Volvo FH. Anyway, it is a wonderful thought and meticulously planned and excellent execution.

OT: Those trucks have much tech features that outrun many sedans in India
CGB is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 12:21   #8

I don't think the clock on their website is a live feed. It's 12:20 PM here in India and it shows that time on the their website whereas assuming this is being filmed in Sweden, it's 8:50 AM there.

But its a nice publicity stunt and shows the confidence of the company on their products.

Last edited by GTO : 26th September 2016 at 10:53. Reason: Typo
razer2911 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 12:57   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razer2911 View Post
I don't think the clock on their website is a live feed. It's 12:20 PM here in India and it shows that time on the their website whereas assuming this is being filmed in Sweden, it's 8:50 AM there.

But its a nice publicity stunt and shows the confidence of the company on their products.
The clock that you see on the website is not a live feed. It was filmed continuously for 24 hours so that they could capture every second similar to the movement of each hand of the clock albeit with trucks.

The time that you see on the website is a recording which shows the time based on your location.

Last edited by GTO : 26th September 2016 at 10:53. Reason: Quoted post edited
a*ed is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 13:17   #10
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post
The clock that you see on the website is not a live feed. It was filmed continuously for 24 hours so that they could capture every second similar to the movement of each hand of the clock albeit with trucks.

The time that you see on the website is a recording which shows the time based on your location.
I keep seeing some feed data which says 'Tyre change for second hand. Camera check for second hand. Minute and hour hand still on time'. Probably depending up on which timezone you are in it could be delayed feed by so many hours.
Old 23rd September 2016, 13:35   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razer2911 View Post

But its a nice a publicity stunt and shows the confidence of the company on their products.
Er... it does show local time wherever you are. I verified with my system clock and it's bang on.

I notice that they had to switch drivers on the go, but I wonder how they managed the refuelling on the go. That would have been amazing to watch!

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 15:42   #12
BHPian

OMG! Thanks a ton for sharing this. Gave me goosebumps. Wonder what DAIMLER Trucks will come up with if they choose to take this as a competition!
Old 23rd September 2016, 17:36   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
I keep seeing some feed data which says 'Tyre change for second hand. Camera check for second hand. Minute and hour hand still on time'. Probably depending up on which timezone you are in it could be delayed feed by so many hours.
Yep, it was recorded and is now synchronized to show images based on your current time zone.

The tire wear pattern on the right side wheels of the "seconds" truck is worth a study (especially the outer most truck).
How did they work the steering? Turn right and hold until the next driver change? I wish they would give us the clock circumference.

Last edited by GTO : 26th September 2016 at 10:54. Reason: Typo
Queryanalyzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 18:03   #14
BHPian

Awesome concept!! Amazing how a company almost runs a full-fledged project involving so much of time, money and resources to showcase a unique idea!!
Old 23rd September 2016, 18:26   #15
BHPian

Such activities are considered to be a Brand's 'Halo' moment. The 4 minute video that you see will be played at all major advertising awards and of course the agency will be laughing all the way to the bank.
The Volvo Van Dame ad had won so many awards at Cannes. The ad also enabled the agencyForsman & Bodenfors as Agency of the Year and Volvo Trucks as Client of the Year.
This Scania ad might just replicate the success that the Volvo ad saw in 2015!
Maverick1977 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks