Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2006, 12:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
Great , thats all I can say . If only had they made it reliable atleast like a Mahindra , its going to be one helluva car. Doesnt it look a bit Montero-ish fromt his angle ?
Its an urban legend that Mahindras are more reliable than Tata vehicles. They have as many issues, and usually CORE issues relating to transmission and suspension unlike the peripheral issues - usually electrical - affecting Tata vehicles.

That said, this vehicle looks okay - its an evolution of the current Telcoline, not a totally new design. So I dont see whats so ooh-aah about it except that it looks better than its predecessor.

Last edited by Steeroid : 24th October 2006 at 12:21.
Old 24th October 2006, 16:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

True...follow a Scorpio and you will find 50% of their differentials leaking oil. I have myself seen engines blowing up.
Old 24th October 2006, 18:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Its an urban legend that Mahindras are more reliable than Tata vehicles.
I like that. Saying it like it is.
Actually Steer, i think it looks a lot better than its predecessor.
Old 24th October 2006, 18:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thats a good looking car they have up their sleeve. Im glad theyre not going too contemporary with the design. With this upgrade they maintain te rugged feel and look to it as a utility vehicle while being modern at the same time. I wouldnt mind getting a double cab version, do up a lowering bodykit kit, wide tires and wheels with a menacing black paintjob... sounds tempting even as a daily driver to work!
Old 24th October 2006, 18:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Its an urban legend that Mahindras are more reliable than Tata vehicles. They have as many issues, and usually CORE issues relating to transmission and suspension unlike the peripheral issues - usually electrical - affecting Tata vehicles.

That said, this vehicle looks okay - its an evolution of the current Telcoline, not a totally new design. So I dont see whats so ooh-aah about it except that it looks better than its predecessor.
Thought Mahindra was more reliable , my mistake...but as far as design is concerned , I like it as it looks a bit more upmarket than the current one , may not be groundbreaking but that said its not that plain either....thats all
setImgWidth();
Old 24th October 2006, 19:28   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

That crease [if that's the correct term] on the bonnet is not a new addition. The current 207DI also has it.
Old 24th October 2006, 20:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
That crease [if that's the correct term] on the bonnet is not a new addition. The current 207DI also has it.
There is a a line , but its not flowing as in this one...its like a straight line where as this looks more finished and modern without being too curvy .

Last edited by maxbhp : 24th October 2006 at 20:20.
Old 24th October 2006, 20:12   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw the vehicle too when i was in Pune for a short visit.
i also saw some new Palios there too but unfortuneately couldn't get any pics as i was going in the opposite direction.
For some reason, it looked kinda Nissan - ish.
Cheers
Old 24th October 2006, 21:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a clean design and sufficiently macho too.

They should give the same look to the SUMO, it will improve its "desirability" ten fold and take the Scorpio head on.

Or they can give it a new name and keep the SUMO/Spacio for tourist taxi market.

In the world market, its pretty common to have a pickup and an SUV based off of it.
Old 24th October 2006, 22:27   #25
BHPian

the jupiter is an Italjet bike, which kinetic imported to sell in india, but they wont be now. jupiter sells in both 250cc n 150cc versions, we got the 150cc version for the ride.
pune guys shd definately go to the highway n check out the new 207 - i really cudnt believe it was a tata.
the instrumentation console seemed to be picked up from the Safari and the jeeps werent makin too much of a noise, so no way it was a 3.0 L DI diesel being currently used on the 207..may be a new engine!!! and the way it was floatin over potholes ws amazin (the stretch of road jus after the expressway meets the roads to Katraj)
Old 24th October 2006, 23:37   #26
BHPian

Guys.. I sincerely believe this design is nothing different from Tata Mobile (even if the marque is). Why all are talking about "wow" design and "good looks" - as if they haven't seen this anytime before
The car still is very like the one introduced earlier..
What's so different except the front grille and the rear tail lamps?
Old 25th October 2006, 14:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

importance of such vehicles are adding up.we need more quality and ergonomics into them and we can see a new class emerging and sales going up.
ram
Old 8th November 2006, 22:22   #28
SUV
BHPian

I beleive its being redesigned by TRU, Thailand and Not TATA .......
Old 10th November 2006, 15:11   #29
Senior - BHPian

Could this SUV be the one referred to in this link? If yes, expect very high quality levels and good engines as compared to the current 207.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...how/386920.cms
Old 4th February 2007, 09:58   #30
Senior - BHPian

Tata motors just Debuted this Pick Up in Bolegna Motor Show 2006. will come into production in 2nd half of 2007. look at the pics, i cought these when the driver was sleeping inside thew car .

All pics are copyrighted by Tushky.

seriously, i dont like the interior. still not up to mark.

Last edited by adya33 : 4th February 2007 at 10:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks