Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2007, 17:06   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
As far as I know they used to work extensively with IDea and ItalDesign to develop light vehicles in the past (like safari,sumo,709 and indica to name a few)..
As far as the design company for new Telcoline range is concerned I'm not sure which company is engaged.
None of the Indian cars till date have been styled (designed) in India so I dont think DC Design is involved..
If they need a designer with a huge portfolio then I'm free to help
Well we all like to be in the TATA design team but only a few have the privilege.

But i think its most likely European designer.
Old 26th June 2007, 21:58   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As far as I know they used to work extensively with IDea and ItalDesign to develop light vehicles in the past (like safari,sumo,709 and indica to name a few)..
As far as the design company for new Telcoline range is concerned I'm not sure which company is engaged.
None of the Indian cars till date have been styled (designed) in India so I dont think DC Design is involved..
If they need a designer with a huge portfolio then I'm free to help

IDea only has been involved with Tata, and only for the Indica platform (the Indigo rear was inhouse, though Marina was back to IDea). Safari had some inputs as well but not totally.
Old 26th June 2007, 22:50   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV View Post
Not out yet ... will be in aug - oct time frame with the 3.0 L DICOR, 2.2 L not confirmed yet.
3.0L and not 2.2L... was hoping to get 140bhp in a truck and have been posponding my buying plans for a year now. the rev band in 3.0L will same as Dicor[1500 rpm]?
Now since M&M has launched scorpio pickup, Tata should do something better than some half hearted effort to compite with it and than reduce the price to sell the pickup in good numbers like they did with Safari dicor.
Old 29th June 2007, 18:40   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
Well we all like to be in the TATA design team but only a few have the privilege.

But i think its most likely European designer.
hmm,so wat do u think of this?

Old 29th June 2007, 22:25   #125
BHPian

Quote:
hmm,so wat do u think of this?

A Dodge 2500 made to look like an el-camino with parts TATA head lights and old caddy grille?
Old 29th June 2007, 22:44   #126
BHPian

^^^Excuse me..if u look at the pic closely it was done by me in the year 2000 and is a part of my personal designs..I'm not a professional designer but u know like artists paint pictures...I create my own designs and they are absolutely not based on any existing automobile if not mentioned on the page itself...the truck above has absolutely no relationship with a Dogde RAM or an el-camino...it's a concept pickup and oh last thing I want to do is to draw ideas from a 207DI....and thnx for ur expert comments though....I thought u'd appreciate the hard work...anyways forget about it...

Last edited by sabret00the : 29th June 2007 at 22:50.
Old 29th June 2007, 23:29   #127
BHPian

Dont take it to heart dude, those comments were made in jest.
I just listed the resemblances, doesnt mean it is bad.
Try it out in Auto-Cad next time and remmeber, artists impressions doesn't have to be conservative designs adhering to production standards .
Old 29th June 2007, 23:45   #128
BHPian

^^^ it's okay...only that I get a little touchy about my designs is bcoz I wanted to become a professional stylist all my life and I'll keep cursing myself till the day I die for being born in a wrong country.. and as I mentioned earlier I'm not a pro so I dont give a damn about auto cad and the works...but yes I once had a chance to visit the HM uttarpara unit's design studio after I got an invitation from the GM R&D whom I had met in a Calcutta Auto Show...At the plant I chked out their studio (I'd say what a waste of talent and beautiful cars) and showed them a few designs...proposed a few changes...saw the AVIGO way before it's launch....but unfortunately they cudnt adapt my suggestions as that wud require huge capital investment and so on..

Last edited by sabret00the : 29th June 2007 at 23:52.
Old 30th June 2007, 00:22   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
artists impressions doesn't have to be conservative designs adhering to production standards .
Agreed, but that does not mean a car should look like an unhappy goldfish (Shark in some cases). Anyway I think the Tata TL is actually going the right way.
Old 30th June 2007, 02:07   #130
BHPian

Quote:
At the plant I chked out their studio (I'd say what a waste of talent and beautiful cars) and showed them a few designs...proposed a few changes...saw the AVIGO way before it's launch....but unfortunately they cudnt adapt my suggestions as that wud require huge capital investment and so on..
May I ask what your qualifications are?
Old 30th June 2007, 02:20   #131
BHPian

^^^we'll take this offline...
Old 30th June 2007, 03:04   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the
;484472 and showed them a few designs...proposed a few changes...saw the AVIGO way before it's launch....but unfortunately they cudnt adapt my suggestions as that wud require huge capital investment and so on..

That was really bad of them to have not taken your proposal. See now their plant has shutdown, serves them right (if only they had taken your proposal). What you can do is buy an old ramshackle Amby, do it your way and make it drive rings around every other Amby, let them ask you who did it.

Last edited by 1100D : 30th June 2007 at 03:07.
Old 30th June 2007, 07:14   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
IDea only has been involved with Tata, and only for the Indica platform (the Indigo rear was inhouse, though Marina was back to IDea). Safari had some inputs as well but not totally.
As I recall
Tata Safari - 1994 design from a Brit designer with Hawtal Whiting (then sold to some other Auto Engg co.) doing the body engineering

Tata Indica/ Indigo/ Marina original designs were all provided by IDeA, Italy (all 3 were on the IDEA website a few years ago). The facelifts were done by the Inhouse team at Telco and other Tata group companies. I'm not sure I like the Indica V2 onwards ever since they added wheel arches and changed the front bumper. But the new Indigo/Marina are alright, not spectacular. Some of those changes are accidents of history - the new technology headlights, etc. I'd have preferred the Marina to look less executive and more 'sporty' and 'escape' but this time around they've made the vehicle look even more bland and discontinued the happier colours it came in. Something's not right there.

That said, one can have nothing but a lot of respect for an Indian company that releases a new vehicle every 3 months.
Old 30th June 2007, 09:13   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
That was really bad of them to have not taken your proposal. See now their plant has shutdown, serves them right (if only they had taken your proposal). What you can do is buy an old ramshackle Amby, do it your way and make it drive rings around every other Amby, let them ask you who did it.
hmm,I wish it was that funny.Actually wat I felt was the lack of finances,neglect of owners(CK Birla Group) towards modernisation of this plant in Bengal(Instead they're more interested in the Chennai plant),(Militant)Trade Unions,the "lazy" Bong attitude(I'm a Bong myself),lack of modernisation and probably lack of talent or shyness of exhibiting talent...and so on...but nevermind....lets just end this discussion here...and get back to the topic....

sorry mods for taking the thread offtopic
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 30th June 2007, 17:54   #135
Senior - BHPian

ANY inside info on this truck....... guys

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks