Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2017, 23:42   #16
BHPian

Re: Private jets of Indian industrialists

Hi

VT SBK Bharat Forge, Bombardier Global Express seems to have 3 engines. Odd... Other planes listed as Bombardier Global Express have 2 engines.

Is this one a different model/version of the same?

Somebody please enlighten...

Thanks!
Elegant Pig is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 01:14   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegant Pig View Post
VT SBK Bharat Forge, Bombardier Global Express seems to have 3 engines. Odd... Other planes listed as Bombardier Global Express have 2 engines.

It's a Dassault Falcon 900EX, not a Bombardier Global Express.

Jeroen

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th February 2017 at 11:21. Reason: Shortening quote :)
Jeroen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 10:38   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
See post #5 in this thread.

I wonder how having an all-black plane affects temperatures?
While flying the colour would not make much difference. Generally, the flying altitude of an aircraft would be in the range of 30000 to 40000 feet above sea level. Here the outside temperature would be less than zero, say between -40 to -60 C.

Yes, when parked it would be a oven, unless the air conditioning is switched on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post

Note: On an extremely serious level, I can't even comprehend what these planes are used for. My dad worked in the same field as GMR, and on one occasion the Chairman sent his two executives after a government bureaucrat to stop him from reporting an extremely naughty thing they did. T==!
Nice and interesting thread.

Sometimes when you stand in the same queue, board the same commercial plane along with one of the above mentioned jet owners, and he decides to be a commoner it would becomes a big inspiration!

Couple of weeks back I had this opportunity of spending the same terminal and queue with G V Sanjay Reddy of GVK group while flying from Delhi to Bangalore. The interesting part was when one of the airport officers recognised him requested him to take the privileged passage to the aircraft, he simple refused and requested him to keep it low.

GVK operates Bangalore and CSIAirport Mumbai.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th February 2017 at 11:21. Reason: Merging consecutive posts...
LoneRidder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 17:34   #19
BHPian

I had been in Mumbai the last couple of days. I crane my neck; fight for the right seat and angle to get a look at the Executive Jets bay every time.

I saw one in a brilliant shade of blue the day I flew in and last evening one of the Reliance Jets landed.
Old 24th February 2017, 18:02   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post

Nice and interesting thread.

Sometimes when you stand in the same queue, board the same commercial plane along with one of the above mentioned jet owners, and he decides to be a commoner it would becomes a big inspiration!

Couple of weeks back I had this opportunity of spending the same terminal and queue with G V Sanjay Reddy of GVK group while flying from Delhi to Bangalore. The interesting part was when one of the airport officers recognised him requested him to take the privileged passage to the aircraft, he simple refused and requested him to keep it low.

GVK operates Bangalore and CSIAirport Mumbai.
A little .

Most people at their level are normal, everything you see is just part of the work-related lifestyle. From the Bentley to the Rolls Royce and the mansions, they HAVE to have those things because of the people they meet and to a certain level there are some social etiquettes Board room level people have to do because work even penetrates social and personal life.

I remember a speech by Uday Kotak (Chairman of Kotak Mahindra) and one of top billionaires. He said when he was a novice businessman he didn't have the money but had to stay at a nice hotel when he travelled because he wanted the other guy to think he's fine and didn't want to lose face value.
D33-PAC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 20:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

Here is one from my side, Kalyan Jewellers Embraer Legacy 650 spotted at Kolkata Airport last year.
Attached Thumbnails
Private jets of Indian industrialists-embraer-legacy-650-executive-jet-kalyan-jewellers.jpg  

agspins is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2017, 10:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Here is one from my side, Kalyan Jewellers Embraer Legacy 650 spotted at Kolkata Airport last year.
and here is how it looks from inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Private jets of Indian industrialists-dsc_2400.jpg  

Private jets of Indian industrialists-dsc_2445.jpg  

autotranny is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th February 2017, 11:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

Below is CS-DLF plane belongs to KP Singh the Chairman and Managing Director and DLF. He is one the old users of Dassault Falcon 2000EX. I wonder why it has registration starting from CS. It seems this plane is not registered in India.

Private jets of Indian industrialists-dlfplane.jpg

PIC Credit: http://www.plane-mad.com
anujmishra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 13:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I wonder why it has registration starting from CS. It seems this plane is not registered in India.
CS is registration code for Portugal.
This aircraft is owned by Netjets.
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 14:11   #25
BHPian

My personal favorite... JK Lakshmi Cement's P-180 Avanti, also known as the Ferrari of the skies.

And a quick view of the DEL Biz Jet ramp in the morning
Attached Thumbnails
Private jets of Indian industrialists-vtjkl.jpg  

Private jets of Indian industrialists-img_4939.jpg  

Last edited by duke : 28th February 2017 at 14:18.
duke is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 15:51   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
My personal favorite... JK Lakshmi Cement's P-180 Avanti, also known as the Ferrari of the skies.

And a quick view of the DEL Biz Jet ramp in the morning
I worked with JK Lakshmi Cement for 4 years & was specially handling this aircraft in Delhi as their Engineering Manager. Its an awesome machine. Here's a night time shot of the aircraft.
Attached Thumbnails
Private jets of Indian industrialists-577842_10151122082951300_1145587269_n.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st March 2017 at 09:49. Reason: Post edited. Please use spaces after punctuation marks, but NOT before them! Thanks.
drift2race is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 09:32   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Tirth Pandya for sharing this!

Quote:
My father works for the Aditya Birla Group and in the past, he has travelled with Kumar Mangalam Birla to London. At that time, he noted the registration of the Aircraft which was "VT-BRS".

Upon searching, I found that it is a Gulfstream Aerospace G-550 registered in the name of "Grasim Industries Ltd." which is a subsidiary of The Aditya Birla Group.
Private jets of Indian industrialists-vtbrs.jpg

Private jets of Indian industrialists-images.jpg
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 10:01   #28
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Do any of our Bollywood stars or Sports stars own such Private Jets?
Old 1st March 2017, 14:51   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
I worked with JK Lakshmi Cement for 4 years & was specially handling this aircraft in Delhi as their Engineering Manager. Its an awesome machine. Here's a night time shot of the aircraft.
That is nice! In which case you know my super senior, my senior and my junior from the academy who have commanded this bird. I remember hitching a ride back on this once from BOM.
duke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 15:16   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
That is nice! In which case you know my super senior, my senior and my junior from the academy who have commanded this bird. I remember hitching a ride back on this once from BOM.
Are you from the air force , because all three of the pilots were from there . C kishore , James Sebastian & Capt.Mohit (He currently flies it) .
drift2race is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed