Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2017, 10:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

Eicher Polaris Multix: Now entering metro cities

Eicher Polaris Multix: Now entering metro cities

Eicher Polaris has announced the launch of its first product - the Multix, in Delhi. With this launch, the company has announced its entry into the Metro cities of the country. Eicher Polaris, a 50:50 joint venture between Eicher Motors Ltd and Polaris Industries Inc., will be opening more dealerships in various metros across the country in the near future.

The Multix was first introduced in India in 2015 as a BS-III vehicle. As a result, sales of the Multix were limited to Tier II cities. However, the company has now tweaked the engine to be compliant with BS-IV norms, and has thus paved the way for the Multix to be sold in metro cities as well.

In Delhi, the Multix will be available in two variants (AX+ and MX) and four colour options. The vehicle will be sold at prices starting from Rs. 3.19 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) through the official Eicher Polaris dealership - M/s. Setco Sahib Auto, C -46/A, South Ganesh Nagar, Opp- Mother Dairy Gate No 2, Patparganj, Delhi.

Eicher Polaris Multix: Now entering metro cities-unnamed.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 18th June 2017 at 11:05.
dZired is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 17:45   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Eicher Polaris Multix: Now entering metro cities

Eicher Polaris Multix: Now entering metro cities - Post moved to a new thread.
Old 26th June 2017, 21:07   #3
BHPian

I was in India in Dec and Jan and I was desperately looking forward to see this machine on the roads. Unfortunately, I couldn’t see even one. Positive fact was that I did find a dealership for Multix in my hometown in North Karnataka.

I hope this does not end up the Tata Nano way. Instead of looking at its utility, I wonder if prospective customers think this is neither a truck nor a car. I fear that Multix might be creating an image of “Jugaad” in the minds of its targeted customers.

Bottom line is that it will need a hell of marketing to make this successful. It is one of those products for which, although the market exists, you still have to create it.

Last edited by Theyota : 26th June 2017 at 21:08.
Theyota is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 18:44   #4
BHPian

The Eicher - Polaris JV is dead. According to this article in the Economic Times, the JV has been called-off with immediate effect.

Apparently, the volumes of the Multix were not enough to sustain the company. The article, however, states that Eicher will continue to support existing Multix customers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks