Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2017, 15:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

What vehicle for promotional activities of 2-wheelers?

Guys I'm in the lookout for a suitable vehicle which can be used for our two wheeler dealership advertisement activities.
Basic requirement would be:
  1. Should be able to carry 2-3 two-wheelers and some canopy and activity related hardware.
  2. Should have enough space for 2-3 executives to sit in.
  3. Mostly travel will be short duration and distance only.
  4. Robust and reliable vehicle.
I have been looking at the Isuzu D-max as well as the run of the mill Tata Ace for the job. Tata Ace has the practicality and low running cost where as the Isuzu has robustness and reliability and the opportunity to build up a snazzy eye catching vehicle with a nice livery.

Any inputs and experiences with these or similar vehicles would be welcome.
Old 24th November 2017, 15:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: What vehicle for promotional activities of 2-wheelers?

Just reading the 1st line of your post itself, the Isuzu D-Max came to my mind. Glad you have shortlisted it. Just go for it The car has immense road presence, tall jacked up butch looks and is about as reliable as it gets. The motor is great and sitting in it does not feel utilitarian in any way whatsoever. IMO there's no other alternative that exists nor does their need to exist any other alternative.
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 16:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

Alternatives to Isuzu D-Max, and these might be better in terms of Service network and parts backup -
1. Tata Xenon Yodha
2. Mahindra Imperio SC
3. Mahindra Jeeto
4. Mahindra Bolero Pickup

All of these would also be lesser capital outlay than the D-Max.
roy_libran is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 17:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

TATA Xenon also comes in a lower variant which can be used.
Another cheaper option would be to Buy a EECO/OMNI CNG and modify it as a pick-up ( not sure if CNG is readily available at your place )
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 17:09   #5
BHPian

I was wondering if you really need to own a commercial vehicle for advertisements unless the cost is being shared/sponsored. Rental options?
You may try out specific models that you have in mind on rental basis and check out its functional aspects and then buy one if you really must.
By the way, have you checked MS Super Carry?
Old 24th November 2017, 17:41   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Guys I'm in the lookout for a suitable vehicle which can be used for our two wheeler dealership advertisement activities.
Basic requirement would be:
  1. Should be able to carry 2-3 two-wheelers and some canopy and activity related hardware.
  2. Should have enough space for 2-3 executives to sit in.
  3. Mostly travel will be short duration and distance only.
  4. Robust and reliable vehicle.
I have been looking at the Isuzu D-max as well as the run of the mill Tata Ace for the job. Tata Ace has the practicality and low running cost where as the Isuzu has robustness and reliability and the opportunity to build up a snazzy eye catching vehicle with a nice livery.

Any inputs and experiences with these or similar vehicles would be welcome.

There are plenty of agencies which will do this service for you economically. Advertisement wont be done with just the purchase of the vehicle. It needs to be properly done up, made into a mobile showroom, also your sale personnel need to be trained to handle roadshows accordingly. Not only that, if you wish to display two vehicles you need loads of space to showcase the vehicles as well to showcase advertisement material about the vehicles as well AND have some space for movement of your people safely. Nothing short of a 407 has that kind of real estate on offer IMO.

Ive dealt with agencies like this in my work, while I did not need roadshow vehicles myself, these people can arrange it for you for anywhere between 40-60k along with the sales team. (Obviously prices will vary a lot depending on your location, but you get the general idea)
ashwin1224 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 17:56   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
I was wondering if you really need to own a commercial vehicle for advertisements unless the cost is being shared/sponsored. Rental options?
You may try out specific models that you have in mind on rental basis and check out its functional aspects and then buy one if you really must.
By the way, have you checked MS Super Carry?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin1224 View Post
There are plenty of agencies which will do this service for you economically. Advertisement wont be done with just the purchase of the vehicle.
I see a little similarity in both our opinions. Little am I aware that you must have certainly done your homework before taking such a decision. If you done such advertisement campaigns before it is fine else I would strongly suggest you to just rent out a vehicle out there and work out a strategy with your employees rather than leasing out agencies(no volume commitment). The effort and integrity that you put in for your company can never match with that of an agency at least with these kind of jobs. A part of the funds or interest you save can be used boost employee morale. Apologies if this sounds OT.

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 24th November 2017 at 17:58.
petrolhead_chn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 15:31   #8
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the quick replies. I'd like to point out that the usability required is for transport of two wheelers and canopy and banners and other hardware to and from the venue for advertising activity.
This is not for a road show.
We have separate vehicles for road shows which are licensed and hired for such purposes.
I require a vehicle for just the transportation and would be decked up with stickers and all just so that it becomes eye catching and can be used as brand promotion.
Old 26th November 2017, 15:51   #9
Senior - BHPian

Would suggest EECO - petrol variant. Had used such a vehicle extensively for doing promotional activities, but for a car brand. Wide opening side doors + flat cargo bay = easy loading and unloading. We had the 5 seater variant. Usually we had 2 helpers in the van along with portable canopies, banners, pamphlets, etc. and the sales guys used to drive down the demo vehicles.

I'm not sure if the 2 wheelers can be loaded easily in the EECO though. Incase that is not possible, I would suggest you any double cab pickup like the DMax, Bolero pickup, Imperio or the Xenon. These would be slightly on the higher side though (cost wise). Also you will need to fabricate a box, or at the very least a cage on the bed to hang the banners visible on the outside.

Last edited by blackwasp : 26th November 2017 at 15:53.
blackwasp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 16:34   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

The vehicles suggested here would be sufficient for the scooters. But other material can be challenge. The Isuzu better for the people and has option as a crew-cab, but the Ace better for the luggage. May need something bigger ..
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 17:38   #11
Senior - BHPian

So I see the following:
1. Tata Ace has space for 2 scooters/bikes plus material. No space for manpower.
2. Xenon/D-Max 5 seaters etc. have space for material and manpower but no space for 2 scooters/bikes.

In a fix.
Old 26th November 2017, 18:47   #12
BHPian

May be you could give this a look, the SML dual cab truck. It even got a 2.5m load body option. No clue about the cost though.

http://smlisuzu.com/productlisting.a...&productid=106

What vehicle for promotional activities of 2-wheelers?-a0e16ceec8d7d247aefd97e98f8b3fcabusesrotary.jpg
SandyX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 09:01   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: What vehicle for promotional activities of 2-wheelers?

Quote:
So I see the following:
2. Xenon/D-Max 5 seaters etc. have space for material and manpower but no space for 2 scooters/bikes.
In a fix.
Aren't the Single Cab versions suitable? The cabin can take 3 pax and the long loadig bay should easily take 2 2-wheelers.
roy_libran is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 10:15   #14
Senior - BHPian

The problem with the d-max (single cab) is that people will look more at the d-max than your bikes
If you have the money and time, get a flat-bed with a rotating circular platform. 3 bikes can be arranged like a flower, rotating as the flat-bed moves.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 27th November 2017 at 10:19.
jinojohnt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 10:56   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Xenon/D-Max 5 seaters etc. have space for material and manpower but no space for 2 scooters/bikes.
Just go for an Isuzu D-Max, Mahindra Bolero Pickup or Tata Xenon Yodha. All three will easily hold your 2-wheelers & are known workhorses. I doubt any twin-cab will have a bed as long as you want.

The additional staff can commute via bike / other means. Transporting them is easy - it's the display vehicles that need special attention.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks