Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2017, 13:40   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Are Tractors, JCBs & Cranes roadworthy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post

1. A road roller does not require registration .
This is where it started.

A Compactor or any such road building equipment does require Registeration by RTO. Back Hoe Loaders too fall in this category.

As the nature of work of such equipment are for road building/ construction they have no restrictions of timings also, when plying on road.
Old 13th December 2017, 14:02   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
This is where it started.

A Compactor or any such road building equipment does require Registeration by RTO. Back Hoe Loaders too fall in this category.
Sir, with due respect please consider the following-

1. I provided articles on which my understanding of Road rollers not requiring a registration was based
2. When another BHPian pointed out that it does require registration because they own some, I corrected myself
3. I still stand by my statement that your post on an ARAI certification DOES NOT necessarily mean it has to be registered. The image in your post does not say anything about a mandatory registration as mentioned by you and that is what I have been trying to understand all this while.

I reiterate, just a road worthiness certificate for any automobile from ARAI does not warrant a registration with the RTO.

I would like to leave it at this since this seems to be going nowhere
Old 13th December 2017, 14:28   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
I reiterate, just a road worthiness certificate for any automobile from ARAI does not warrant a registration with the RTO.
Okay my final take on this.

1. Since they are plying on road ( used for road building) it is MANDATED to have RTO registration.

2. Corollary to the above RTO will not register unless it is ARAI certified ( specs including emission)

Below pic is of a road compactor, the Reg number issued by RTO will be written here, the space and requirements for this are mandated by ARAI

3. Also next time you can observe any road building/ BHL unit will have a Reg number written on them.

Are Tractors, JCBs & Cranes roadworthy?-uu.jpg
Old 13th December 2017, 16:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

Of all the vehicles mentioned above, only the fork lift is not considered road worthy. Fork lift operators need a machine operators certificate issued by a technical training institute.
RTO matters are a state subject, some states consider road rollers as machines that do not need registration. Others consider them as special purpose vehicles and register them, in Maharashtra there is a licence category for road rollers too, many states do not have it.
The back hoe loaders have restricted access, and may need a temporary permit for some roads.
Tractors are totally road worthy, and they are now made to BS IV emission norms for vehicles, as well as tier III emission norms for for stationary engines.
Many developed countries need them to adhere to emission norms for stationary engines, ie in USA it is Tier III, funnily the stationary engine norms were made considering locomotives, generators and boats.
Rahul

Last edited by GTO : 14th December 2017 at 10:43. Reason: typos
Old 25th September 2018, 14:38   #20
BHPian

Finding a junked Tractor

LOOKING FOR A JUNKED/SCRAPPED TRACTOR.
Couldn't find a relevant thread and hence posting here.

I am looking to buy a junked/scrapped farm tractor at scarp value, which I want to just tinker/paint and keep it purely for display purpose. I have searched thru the normal quikr, olx etc but unable to find any.

Would any of you know of places in Bangalore/near Bangalore that I could go search for this. I only need it as a whole tractor, so I dont mind the engine/gearbox/other mechanicals etc not working, hence buying at scrap value.

Thanks for any inputs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks