Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2018, 06:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

Pets are now welcome on KSRTC buses

Addressing a pet peeve of its passengers, Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) has come out with a guideline that allows commuters to take their pets with them while travelling. A report in TOI says that KSRTC has:

Quote:
directed its crew to consider a pet dog as an adult passenger and allow it to travel by bus by collecting regular fare. The crew can collect child fare for pets such as rabbits, puppies, cats, birds...
Interestingly, the corporation lists pets under the Luggage category, sparking doubts of whether they would be allowed to take a seat alongside their masters or in spite of paying full fare, will have to make do with a place on the aisle (Keeping them inside the luggage compartment is anyway out of question).

Just so that you know the baggage/luggage policy and prices of KSRTC, have a look here.
dailydriver is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 08:25   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Pets are now welcome on KSRTC buses

Thanks for sharing, dailydriver! Moving your post to a new thread.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 08:31   #3
BHPian

As if taking public transport wasn't inconvenient enough. We can now add getting bitten and pooped on by a dog to the list too.

The person who came up with this stupid idea will get a pay hike soon for moving some more people away from public transportation

Last edited by theredliner : 1st February 2018 at 08:33.
theredliner is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 09:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As if taking public transport wasn't inconvenient enough. We can now add getting bitten and pooped on by a dog to the list too.
I would be surprised if anyone even used this service. On the other hand, they just had to modify the rules and say must be carried in Cage which i did not see in the article and it almost appears treat the dogs as adults which means dirty seats, smelly seats and hairy seats.

I have a dog and i do treat him like our son but it takes a whole new level of acceptance to travel in a bus that chauffeurs dogs. And worst part is you wont know if you are sitting on a fungus mine when you book that seat online.

KSRTC - Bye Bye.
VW2010 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 11:27   #5
Team-BHP Support

The pet lover in me rejoiced at this news but thankfully, the post below gave me a reality check.

Pragmatically speaking, I realize that this may not be a good move afterall. As a society,
a) we don't respect someone else's property, much worse public property
b) we lack the discipline to keep things neat and tidy. Hygiene and cleanliness are huge concerns. How many of us clean up after our pets on a public road?
c) there's enough indifference towards rules: so if the conductor says a pet will only be allowed in a cage, or needs to be kept in a particular way or can't be allowed to create a ruckus, the owner will plead/threaten/ignore
d) very rarely are pets in India trained as they are in western countries. A trained pet is much welcome but given how we pamper and spoil our pets, they'll be a nuisance (to others)

So, yes. I think this will create more of an unpleasant experience than a convenient one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
it almost appears treat the dogs as adults which means dirty seats, smelly seats and hairy seats.

I have a dog and i do treat him like our son but it takes a whole new level of acceptance to travel in a bus that chauffeurs dogs. And worst part is you wont know if you are sitting on a fungus mine when you book that seat online.
True.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 1st February 2018 at 11:33.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 08:08   #6
BANNED

Pets are now welcome on KSRTC buses

What is the definition of pet here.
Can a cow board the bus.?
A bird in a cage.? Chicken.?
What is going to stop some one transporting cages full of chicken claiming it to be his pet, even though they are heading for the slaughter house .?
Hence a framed rule will be required.

Last edited by norhog : 2nd February 2018 at 08:10.
norhog is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks