Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2018, 16:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors launches next-gen Ultra range of LCVs

Tata Motors has launched the next-generation Ultra range of Intermediate Light Commercial Vehicles (ILCV) in India. There are around 14 variants on offer designed for specific applications, with a range of engines and payload capacities. The new Ultra range of ILCVs is priced from Rs. 10-25 lakh.

Tata Motors launches next-gen Ultra range of LCVs-image-1.jpg

The trucks are based on Tata's modular Ultra platform with wheelbases ranging from 3,300-6,800 mm and 12-32 feet decks. The 45-degree hydraulic tilt cabins vary in width from 1,900-2,100 mm. The gross vehicle weight (GVW) of the new Tata Ultra ranges from 7 tonnes to 16 tonnes. These are suitable for various applications including transporting poultry and 2-wheelers to municipal applications like garbage collection, etc. The Ultra range can also be equipped with a cement mixer, tipper or a reefer for transporting frozen goods.

Tata Motors launches next-gen Ultra range of LCVs-image-2.jpg

The Tata Ultra trucks are powered by 3.0-litre and 5.0-litre Turbotronn diesel engines. The 3.0-litre engine produces 138 BHP @ 3,000 rpm and 360 Nm of peak torque @ 1,400-2,000 rpm. The 5.0-litre engine makes 177 BHP @ 2,400 rpm and peak torque of 590 Nm @ 1,000-2,000 rpm. Both engines come equipped with a choice of 5 or 6-speed manual transmissions. A more powerful 207 BHP engine is also available on the Tata Ultra. Peak torque of this engine is 890 Nm. Tata Motors is offering an automatic transmission option on the Ultra range as well.

Tata Motors launches next-gen Ultra range of LCVs-image-3.jpg

The trucks come equipped with GPS tracking system and telematics, which enables fleet operators track their vehicles in real time. It also has features like SMS and email alerts, Geo-fencing and remote unit management. The Ultra range comes with a 3 years / 3 lakh km warranty.

Tata Motors plans to export these to international markets including Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia and South Africa. According to the company, the next-gen Tata Ultra meets global standards for safety, emissions, durability and features.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th April 2018, 19:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors launches next-gen Ultra range of LCVs

3.0L and 5.0L ? Never knew commercial vehicles had such a small engine, if I remember right, my school Eicher van had 10.50 badge on it(This was very very long ago). Guess turbo has benefited commercial vehicles too.
Old 26th April 2018, 20:14   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
3.0L and 5.0L ? Never knew commercial vehicles had such a small engine, if I remember right, my school Eicher van had 10.50 badge on it(This was very very long ago). Guess turbo has benefited commercial vehicles too.

10.50 I believe is 100 bhp and 5 tonnes GVW with a 3 or 4L engine. There were and are a few 6L engines currently. Not sure of a 10L engine. Would be glad to know more about those 10L engines though.
varunanb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks