Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2007, 11:40   #76
Senior - BHPian

Is it just me or does it already look 2-generations old?
Old 20th June 2007, 11:50   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Yes. I agree, it does look a bit old (sort of like your hairstyle actually ) but then I don't think that would be a priority with the prospective market.

This will be a good buy for hotels, tour operators and ofcourse the taxi brigade who have been starved for a easy to drive, relatively smaller vehicle to ferry passengers around in.
Old 20th June 2007, 12:16   #78
Team-BHP Support

It could almost replace the tempo traveller. That's also a 13 seater.
Old 20th June 2007, 12:34   #79
Senior - BHPian

Please welcome the "NEW AMBULANCE" in town. a good and comfortable alternative to the patients rather than the cramped mahindra jeeps and Omni's????
Old 20th June 2007, 13:33   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Actually, you are quite right.. Old vehicle in a new package.. Bajaj/Tempo/Force motors should seriously think about reviving the Matador F-307 with OM611 engines, Power Steering and a few creature comforts to capitalize on the Market hype that is being created by the winger.

Last edited by man23ish : 20th June 2007 at 13:37.
Old 20th June 2007, 17:58   #81
BHPian

I dont think this typical "European design" will at all gel with the Indian taste which is so much used to looking at Japanese designs..
Old 20th June 2007, 18:03   #82
BHPian

Chk this out Tata Motors introduces Magic and Winger
Old 20th June 2007, 19:48   #83
BHPian

Quote:
It looks god-awful, not much better than M&M's voyager. But at that price, if they get their fit finish right, they've got a winner. Looks apart, methinks this effort might have been an outcome of the contextual studies they would have undertaken during the Ace project i.e. Much of our roads are actually very small and very tall vehicles have problems manoeuvering in tree-lined cities like Bangalore. There's a huge BPO personnel ferrying market out there that is currently underserved by the Sumo's and Innovas, not to forget the large family drives. It wont take them long to make this into a goods carrier - a probable upgrade for a loyal Tata buyer who comes in to exchange his Ace.
Old 20th June 2007, 19:55   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
I dont think this typical "European design" will at all gel with the Indian taste which is so much used to looking at Japanese designs..
No matter which geography this design has its roots in, it looks dated. I wish Tata's had attempted to filch the dies from the existing Trafic Renault New Trafic CPV

BTW in India people pay a premium for European vehicles because they have more character, and are designed to feel robust (Skoda/ EU-Style Embera, etc). The French are an exception because they make relatively wimpy vehicles, but their designs are a little more fun and experimental.
Old 20th June 2007, 20:15   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
This is a 'typical' European design?

Old 22nd June 2007, 13:13   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofid View Post
It looks god-awful, not much better than M&M's voyager. But at that price, if they get their fit finish right, they've got a winner.
Yepp.. I spotted a " On test" Winger yesterday and it looks very similar to the Voyager.. Looks like M&M sold their Voyager assembly line to the Tata's.

I was hoping that it was more Innova like in shape . Infact, It looked like that, before the camoflage came off.
Old 22nd June 2007, 14:26   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Yes. I agree, it does look a bit old (sort of like your hairstyle actually )
**%^#%@!&# Don't worry Ill get you for that Robeen!! Waise the hairstyle is up for a facelift soon anyways!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
This will be a good buy for hotels, tour operators and ofcourse the taxi brigade who have been starved for a easy to drive, relatively smaller vehicle to ferry passengers around in.
Yup, the only option they had was the Traveller and if this is better than that then you might see the taxi-wallahs lining up at Tata's dealerships. But keep in mind that the Traveller actually looks pretty decent even today & I would wait to see one of these on the roads before taking a definitive view.

Hey, you know what now DC might come up with some van designs for this one too
Old 22nd June 2007, 15:03   #88
BHPian

Quote:
**%^#%@!&# Don't worry Ill get you for that Hey, you know what now DC might come up with some van designs for this one too
Yep you are right and he should, I started this thread and for the very reason, this vehicle was one of the most popular vehicles for MotorHomes and RV's, since I travel a lot that is what I wanted and hence started tracking the launch of this vehicle. I would not want to go to the extent of a motorhome. I would like it to have a fridge, small bar, 17"LCD, DVD Player with home theatre, a sofa cum bed and couple of reclining seats with a center table so that one can play cards, read, etc while travelling. Can anyone help me as to how to go about doing all this, I sure dont want to get ripped off by DC who will probably charge me upwards of 5 lakhs for all this.
Old 22nd June 2007, 22:33   #89
NIP
Senior - BHPian

this kinda reminds me of the mercedez van that used to sell here sometime back. but at this price, i think tata clearly has a winner here. if the qualis sold like it did, theres no reason why this shouldn't sell like hot cakes. IMO it dosent look muck-ugly like the qualis either...this one has clean neat lines, should appeal to the masses. it would be nice to see the dicor engine on all the variants though.

Last edited by NIP : 22nd June 2007 at 22:36.
Old 23rd June 2007, 01:22   #90
Senior - BHPian

French Designs are hardly typical european (apart from peugeots which I absolutely love)

However the Market for this sort of a Van doesn't care about looks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks